Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Western Conference

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest9291 Posted - 03/04/2010 : 10:21:07
Anybody else concerned with Detroit sliding its way into 7th or 8th place in the western conference...
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 03/05/2010 : 04:55:17
I am a bit on the fence here, will have to wait and see how Howard does in goal down the tougher stretch run.

If he falters/cracks under the pressure and Detroit still manages to get in, they are meat for the beast. This is an unlikely scenario, as Howard not playing well probably means they absolutely do not make it in the tight western conference.

But if Howard plays very solid and Detroit makes it . . . yeah, dangerous. Good mix of very playoff savvy vets with young blood, and guys like Zetterberg and Datsyuk can redeem a poor season with a solid playoffs . . . would definitely be a concern for San Jose, in my mind.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
irvine Posted - 03/05/2010 : 01:47:56
We're certainly not looking at the team of the past 3-5 years. They are aging, and it's showing.

Injuries have hurt them this year and having players returning will certainly help their lineup come the last stretch of games and playoffs (providing they squeak in).

They are lacking goaltending, no question about that. But come playoff time, Detroit could still make noise. They usually do.

Irvine/prez.
hockster Posted - 03/04/2010 : 20:11:51
Too weak of goaltending!

Flames for cup...eventually.
Guest7302 Posted - 03/04/2010 : 16:18:30
quote:
Originally posted by sharksfan44

im definitley a little worried for my sharks. the last thing i want is for them to have an early exit from the playoffs again. Detroit is always dangerous, especially in the playoffs.

[ moderator edit ]
Guest4803 Posted - 03/04/2010 : 16:06:15
From watching the game last night i dont think id be too worried if my canucks faceoff against detroit in the playoffs. This is not the same team as last year or that they have had over the last decade. The goaltending is shotty, howard is not a starting goaltender if they have any chance in the playoffs they would need Osgood to find the same form he showed last year which is possible i suppose. Datsyuk and Zetterberg dont have the supporting cast that they have had over the years and it shows by their numbers. They might steal a game but i dont think they could steal a series.
sharksfan44 Posted - 03/04/2010 : 15:19:10
im definitley a little worried for my sharks. the last thing i want is for them to have an early exit from the playoffs again. Detroit is always dangerous, especially in the playoffs.
ryan93 Posted - 03/04/2010 : 14:51:23
If I'm one of the top seeded teams, especially San Jose, then yes i'd be concerned about facing the Wings in the 1st round.

They have been devasted by injuries this season, but they are starting to get healthy again. After being held to 1 assist in his first game back, Johan Franzen has now scored in 4 straight games. Tomas Holmstrom is also back. The two of them are playing with Pavel Datysuk, and he's looked good the last few games (5pts in 3gp...15 in last 12 overall). Andreas Lilja returned from injury the other night, etc.

As far as their goaltending, obviously Jimmy Howard is unproven in the playoffs, but he's having a great regular season, one of the contenders for the Calder Trophy.
Beans15 Posted - 03/04/2010 : 14:40:09
They had some pretty key injuries for various players. Dastsuyk is having a very off year by his standards and ultimately, age is catching up with them.

However, if they are healthy and make the playoffs, they still have the chops to make noise.
Guest4796 Posted - 03/04/2010 : 10:30:26
Nope, their goaltending sucks and they did nothing to improve it. Canucks scored 6 on them last night, they should've made a move yesterday IMO.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page