Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Coyotes' playoff run

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 03/06/2010 : 11:15:53
Phoenix is currently in second place in the Pacific with 81 points, and with only 17 games remaining on their schedule it seems they would have to suffer a collapse to miss the playoffs. Being in the west with Chicago and San Jose I make the Coyotes the long shot to win the Stanely Cup, but I am wondering just how deep the rest of you think they will go. The deadline additions to the D certainly didn't hurt their prospects.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
umteman Posted - 03/06/2010 : 15:47:34
The season series between the Coyotes and kings has been very competetive: a 6-3 win for Phoenix a pair of 5 -3 wins for LA and two games spilt by 3-2 scores, so I am not so sure they would be better matched with Colorado. I'll give the Coyotes a 50/50 shot at winning a first round series followed by a second round exit.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Alex116 Posted - 03/06/2010 : 12:16:06
As the standings sit today, they'd face LA at home although the Kings have 2 games in hand and are only 1 point back? I'd say the Kings would likely get that home ice advantage and i'd be putting my money on them. If the Kings falter, they'd likely get Colorado and IMO would be a better match up for them. I do think Col is capable of beating them though?

If i was betting, i'd say i'd pick them to lose their first round match up. Then again, if i won, i'd be even cuz i'd have bet them at the beginning of the playoffs to be out of playoff contention by this point in the season!!
Beans15 Posted - 03/06/2010 : 12:13:02
It's interesting how much the legal stuff from last summer really clouded this team. I think tons of people fail to realize that while the Penguins, Blackhawks, Capitals, and Kings have been slowly retooling their team through the draft, so has Phoenix. Although the have not kept all these picks nor have all of them turned out, they have been able to parlay many of those picks into a pretty solid roster.

Take a Look.
http://tsn.ca/NHL/teams/statistics/?hubname=nhl-coyotes

There is balance and depth all the way through the forwards. A very underated Defensive group with size(average 6'1" and 210 lbs) and speed. Even more surprisingly, is that Phoenix has the only team in the league with more than 1 D-man with 10 goals and one of only 6 teams in the league(Chicago, Detroit, Philly, Vancouver, and Atlanta are the other) with 2 defensemen with more than 30 points.

Couple all that with one of the top goalies in the league this year and you get a team that could make noise.

I would not be surprised to see the Coyotes make it through to the 2nd round of the playoffs, maybe even the 3rd round.

The biggest question is if more then 12,000 people will show up to watch.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page