Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Found it!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 03/13/2010 : 15:26:36
Someone brought up a possible bet that Beans and i had regarding Penner making team Canada. Well, i've been sifting through some old threads and found it. Like I thought, it wasn't a bet, moreso an offer. And Tiller had one as well! Here they are!

Posted by Alex116: Posted - 11/25/2009 : 22:16:59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slozo....very well said in regards to your comments about familiarity. I too don't get the exposure to some of these guys as much as others.

Tiller, i agree, it's Crosby with Nash and Iginla and Thornton with Marleau and Heatley as the 1 and 2 lines, in whichever order (to be determined by performance throught the round robin?).

My third line i maintain is Getzlaf with Perry and St. Louis (if not, J. Carter or B. Richards). Didn't have B. Richards on my radar till just the other day. He continues to put up offensive numbers and i know he's responsible in his own zone. Still think it'll be hard to keep Carter and his goal scoring (46 last year, on pace for 35 this year) off this squad.

Still like Morrow/M.Richards/Doan as line 4 but could see either of the wingers switched out for someone else as well? Maybe Carter on line 3, St. Louis on line 4?

Too many choices, and sorry Beans, but a few too many guys ahead of Penner on the depth chart. Would really love to be a fly on the wall in Stevie Y's office to see how much Penners name has come up, cuz he's gotta have their attention!

Beans, i know you're not saying that Penner WILL make it, just that he should be considered. Tell you what, if he makes it, even the taxi squad, i'll change my 'Nucks avatar to an Oilers crest for a month, in your honor of course....

Posted by Tiller: Posted - 11/25/2009 : 22:28:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Echo that on Brad Richards but I don't see how having him on a line with Getzlaf, another set up man, works. St. Louis, Toews, or even Eric Staal despite his poor start and injury is a better fit. Believe me its taken a serious effort from Brad for me to even consider him for this team, just read above.

However likewise if Richards is selected i'll swipe out the buds logo for anoilers one

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem

Looks like we're both safe but i'm not sure about Slozo with his bet vs Beans!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Canucks Man Posted - 03/14/2010 : 14:21:56
The Oilers season started to go down the toliet when Hemsky got hurt, then the Bulin wall broke down. I don't think the would have made the playoffs but with a healthy team I think they would have been battling for 8th spot, probably finishing 9th or 10th 3 or 4 points out of the playoffs.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Beans15 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 12:41:38
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Leafs got a big win over the Oil last night (man, the Oilers looked really terrible for about a period and a half), so it definitely looks like Beans is in trouble for our bet. Ottawa has really surprised this year and is probably uncatchable for Toronto, but all the Leafs have to do is finish ahead of Edmonton and Beans displays a Leafs avatar for the entire playoffs.

It may sound funny coming a Leafer, but I can't wait for the playoffs, lol.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

I pay my debts. Always do. Regardless, it will be a bitter pill to swallow if I have that avatar on my profile for the entire playoffs if the difference between the teams is based on overtime loses.

Edmonton has

CJB(Road)
Minny(Road)
Det(Home)
SJ(Home)
Van(Home)
Ana(Home)
STL(Road)
Det(Road)
Dal(Road)
PHX(Road)
MInny(Home)
COL(Home)
LA(Road)
Ana(Road)

6 Games against Playoff bound teams about 5 ish against teams fighting for the playoffs. 6 at home and 8 on the road.

TO on the other hand

NYI(Road)
OTT(Road)
NJ(Home)
Mont(Home)
FLA(Home)
ATL(Road)
NYR(Home)
Pitt(Road)
ATL(Home)
Buf(Home)
Bos(Home)
Phi(Home)
NYR(Road)
Mont(Road)

Only 4 games against non-playoff teams and even those may have playoff implications.

Edmonton basically has to run the table for me to have a chance with a current 9 point gap.

I really wonder what the Oilers would have looked like with a healthy squad for at least part of the year. Selfishly, I would not have lost this bet. However, it would have not gave a potential #1 draft pick either.
n/a Posted - 03/14/2010 : 11:22:29
Dude - we ALL picked the Avs to finish at the bottom, every single one of us.

That's why you gotta love sport!

Alex116 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 09:52:10
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9494

you have no life

Your opinion is so valued that you just ruined my day. Oh wait, i have no life, so that's prob not possible?

Slozo, have to say, i didn't like your bet at the beginning of the season but you sure look safe now. I actually thought the Leafs and Oilers would both be much better and that Ottawa would be the one to struggle most. Then again, i picked the Avs dead last i believe?
n/a Posted - 03/14/2010 : 07:59:36
Leafs got a big win over the Oil last night (man, the Oilers looked really terrible for about a period and a half), so it definitely looks like Beans is in trouble for our bet. Ottawa has really surprised this year and is probably uncatchable for Toronto, but all the Leafs have to do is finish ahead of Edmonton and Beans displays a Leafs avatar for the entire playoffs.

It may sound funny coming a Leafer, but I can't wait for the playoffs, lol.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page