Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Crosby = Classy?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 03/23/2010 : 08:34:28
Just a little something for all those that keep saying "Ovechkin is a douche, Crosby is all class, blah blah blah"

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=63651

When Crosby gets frustrated, he gets dirty. Here is what Jimmy Howard said about Crosby's crosschecking, "He does that all the time and somehow he gets away with it."

I'm not justifying Ovie. I'm not judging Crosby. But let's call a spade a spade. They are intense players. Often emotions go wild. There are very very few Joe Sakic's in hockey.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
baumer Posted - 03/24/2010 : 13:30:11
I can't believe this actually made it's way to a poll question. Plays like this happen daily. So what if Jimmy Howard complained? I like it when Crosby gets fired up when his team just isn't producing the way he wants. A couple cross checks and a scrum afterwards doesn't constitute a "dirty" play at all. He didn't back down at all when , for some reason, he had 3 Wings on him and it took a while for his team mates to get there.

If we were to compare every superstar of the past 15 years to Joe Sakic we would all be very disappointed. He played with nothing but class his entire career.
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 03/24/2010 : 12:20:25
What's unfortunate, is that for the casual fan, still feeling out whether the game has nay interest for them or not, this is a fairly commonplace play. Crosschecks, slashes and scrums at the whistles are commonplace. I don't necessarily agree with them, but it's easy to armchair analyze, any game that allows physical contact, has these type of incidents that are part of the game. Talk to a football player, rugby player, or even a water polo player, about the frustration/irritation plays that happen, and a crosscheck to the body doesn't seem like that big of an issue. ie; much easier to take than having the package re-arranged without your permission

If this is anyone other than Crosby, I disagree that people would be in an uproar, if this is anyone else, it doesn't make a highlight package anywhere, thank you media for sensationalizing things once again!

This has so little to do with Ovechkin's type of physical play, that it's almost embarrasing to mention the 2 styles in the same thread. I've said it in many posts, Ovechkin is a reckless player, inconsiderate of the damage he does with his exuberance. He's got multiple suspensions and accompanying lame, scripted and robot-like delivered apologies, to prove that.

Crosby should be above the stick work repsonses, true enough, but, as a poster above mentioned, there was only one Joe, check back on any marquee players, Mario, Wayne, Yzerman, Forsberg etc., none of them were above it either.

Another example of the big hills where little hills once were.

Nice to see the legitimate Crosby haters speak up though...alway nice to be reminded of their lack of reason or intelligible repose.
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 03/24/2010 : 08:17:25
I am not saying in anyway that this was as bad as Ovechkin's shove of Cambell. But I think both Hugh and Beans said what I was feeling. If this was someone other than Crosby, there would be some very upset people. Emotions are a part of the game. Pretty much everyone needs to learn to control themselves. Including the Kid.
Beans15 Posted - 03/24/2010 : 07:04:04
I gotta agree with Hugh here. Rightly or wrongly, Ovechkin has developed a bit of a 'rep' this year and once that happens it's hard to crack.

Think of it this way, if it was Shawn Avery or Steve Downie, people would be looking for a suspension.

That being said, I am not a fan of stick work in any situations. Shows us all that Crosby is still pretty young.
Hugh G. Rection Posted - 03/24/2010 : 06:52:46
I maintain if Ovechkin did the exact same play, we'd have three topics screaming "Ovechkin dirty lol", and 'dirtiest player ever' and other such absurd nonsense.

That being said, this truly is a nothing play, scrums like this happen all-too often. Crosby is just frusturated because Zetterberg + Lidstrom absolutely owned him.

Just wait for the playoffs, when every time the refs blow a whistle at either team's net it results in non-stop face-washing and shoving. One aspect of hockey I'd like to see diminished at least and eliminated at best.
irvine Posted - 03/23/2010 : 22:18:51
I don't find anything 'dirty' about this play.

They were not exactly fierce cross checks. Crosby is not the first player, to push at a player using his stick after a play, out of frustration.

He did not two-hand him, did not run him from behind, etc...

He pushed at Zetterberg, using his stick. Nothing out of the ordinary, nothing extreme. Being blown way out proportion. We already have enough topics and discussions regarding dirty plays, with the recent amount of TRUE absolute garbage hits lately.

Let's not make more, out of nothing. Please!!

Irvine/prez.
Utemin Posted - 03/23/2010 : 20:53:35
quote:
Originally posted by ThorntonisTHEMAN

J
When Crosby gets frustrated, he gets dirty.

Dirty Crosby oh no I am scared; he will bite me and then i will get a penalty for swearing at Cindy Crosby...
polishexpress Posted - 03/23/2010 : 18:53:29
It's seems like a poor example of "dirty" play, simply frustration.

But I agree with ThorntonISTHEMAN mention, he is no Joe Sakic!
Leafs81 Posted - 03/23/2010 : 18:39:16
Hey nothing wrong with a good rivalry.

And this is nothing like the play Ovie did. They were both battling and Zetterberg wasn't in a vulnerable position. Yeah there was some cross checking, he could have got two minutes but it's not like Zetterberg could have been injured for the rest of the season on that play, unlike Campbell...

There is nothing wrong with playing your heart out every night. I respect both Crosby and Ovechkin, because they play hard, but Ovie has to chose more when to hit and when not to.

That was a good battle and it's nice to see that they are ready to meet in the finals once again. (it's funny that the guy says hey it looks like they're ready for round 4... shouldn't it be round 3???)
Guest9494 Posted - 03/23/2010 : 16:53:05
I like this alot, too bad emery wasn't in net for Detriot in that situation of Crosby would have had 2 black eyes
Guest4623 Posted - 03/23/2010 : 13:29:01
it is very easy to get frustrated against a team like detroit.. they are constantly playing chippy hockey and trying to get other players skin. but wont drop the gloves when players are fed up with them. so instead the take crosschecks like zetterberg did from crosby

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page