Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Second-favourite team?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
impropriety Posted - 03/29/2010 : 07:54:35
With the playoffs around the corner, it's time for the fans of the also-ran teams to decide who they're going to root for in the playoffs. I'll probably be splitting my post-season attention between Chicago and New Jersey this year.

My question is this:

If your team has no chance of making the playoffs, who are you going to cheer for and why?
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CaliforniaSeal Posted - 04/28/2010 : 21:49:36
My favourite team the Blues didn't make it but my second and third did. The Hawks and the Sharks. I'll be rooting for them in that order.

No cup for Dino, what a shame
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 04/08/2010 : 13:03:13
In the west I will cheer for San Jose because they are my favorite

In the east I will cheer for New Jersey because Colin White is my cousin

''GO SHARKS GO''
Gusteroni Posted - 04/08/2010 : 12:43:32
During the regular season I watch the Leafs as they are my favorite but since I moved to Alberta I have became a fan of the Oilers too. That being said you can only imagine all the great hockey I watched this year...blah.

During this years playoffs I'm going to watch the Coyotes very closely and as an underdog I kinda hope they go far. To see a Caps/Pens East final and a Hawks/Sharks West final would be quite entertaining.

Even though I am not a fan of any of the Canadian teams remaining if I had to choose I would want the Canucks to go all the way.

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
Utemin Posted - 04/03/2010 : 12:27:31
When it comes to the regular series it is San Jose always has been since I loved the logo so much as a kid, and Joe Thornton is my second Favourite player. when it comes to the playoffs, I want it to be a Canucks Ottawa final if not Canucks Colorado if not Ottawa Atlanta; due to the teams being the best playoff competitors going in! When it comes to who i cheer for in the east Carolina! sorta well rounded super strong offense with depth Okay(1) defense all the way through; Super strong Goalies, if only they could start a season well, they dominate in the playoffs.

(1) How did Okay become ok?
Alex116 Posted - 03/30/2010 : 20:22:24
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinOilCountry
[br]Alex I'm the last guy that would complain about a Chicago/ Washington final

Just saying Pittsburgh and Washington have already had some amazing games this year and it's almost a sure bet to be a tight series if it happens. Not a lot to compare between Chicago and Washington... yet

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.

I knew you'd like that! But i bet if your Hawks get that far you'd prob rather they have to face the Habs or Bruins though. What a great final Chi/Wash would be though!

And i agree, and i think we'll see, Wash / Pit east final will be great hockey!
Guest2000 Posted - 03/30/2010 : 11:57:11
Being a Pens fan i'd love to see us lift the cup again. However, in favor of the question I always enjoy the Red Wings style of play so will cheer them on in hopes that we dont have to play them in the finals for a third time. Regardless of what happens if Detroit plays Washington in the playoffs you are goin to see a methodical dysmantaling of the Caps as they are not disciplined enough to battle with a healthy red wings team not to mention every red wing player has an energizer battery up there ice cuz they just keep goin n goin and never give you the oppurtunity to take a shift off.
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 03/30/2010 : 10:58:26
Alex I'm the last guy that would complain about a Chicago/ Washington final

Just saying Pittsburgh and Washington have already had some amazing games this year and it's almost a sure bet to be a tight series if it happens. Not a lot to compare between Chicago and Washington... yet

baumer Posted - 03/30/2010 : 10:37:04
I love my Leafs but they don't have a snowballs chance in hell, I always watch the Ducks when I can, I'm just a huge fan of Getzlaf but they are all but eliminated. So as my third choice I have to go with the Pens. I would love to see Crosby win a gold and the Cup in a 3 month span and shut up all the nay sayers. I should jump on the Canucks bandwagon as they are our best chance at the Cup but I just can't bring myself to cheer for Alex Burrows.
Alex116 Posted - 03/30/2010 : 07:50:38
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinOilCountry

Gotta agree with Beans that a an Eastern Conference final of Pittsburgh-Washington has the makings of the best possible series of the playoffs, with the winner likely a favorite for the Cup.

I agree somewhat, only because i think a contender to that would be a Chi / Wash final! Don't get me wrong, i'm not cheering for it, at least not until the Canucks are eliminated, but two teams with that kind of fire power and suspect goaltending? Could be brilliant!!!
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 03/30/2010 : 07:13:57
Gotta agree with Beans that a an Eastern Conference final of Pittsburgh-Washington has the makings of the best possible series of the playoffs, with the winner likely a favorite for the Cup.

ryan93 Posted - 03/30/2010 : 04:50:02
Are you serious when you say you want them to face Washington? The Caps will pick them apart. If i'm a Habs fan, i'm praying they finish 6th & get Buffalo.
Guest4271 Posted - 03/30/2010 : 01:20:24
It's gonna be close but i Think my habs are gonna squeeze in there, hopefully in eight so they can take on Washington. If not Vancouver, cause they're Canadian, or Chicago because they rock.
Beans15 Posted - 03/29/2010 : 19:22:32
I am cheering for a few things to happen.

Firstly, I am cheering for Detroit to finish 6th and Vancouver 3rd. Then, I am cheer for Vancouver to get spanked. Then, I am cheering for a Pittsburgh/Washington East Final as I think that would be the best series one could imagine. Finally, I am cheering for San Jose to do something, anything this season.

ryan93 Posted - 03/29/2010 : 18:29:08
Well it's not looking very good for my favorite team. The New York Rangers are sitting 4 points out with just 7 games to go. My second favorite team is Toronto, and my 3rd choice would be the Dallas Stars haha...not a good year for my teams!!

Among the playoff teams though, in the East i wouldn't mind seeing Pittsburgh win it all again, and it'd be nice to see Montreal go deep. In the West, i'll say Phoenix & Los Angeles. The Kings were my favorite team when i was a kid. I was a massive Wayne Gretzky fan at the time, which is the reason i first started cheering for the Rangers in 1996 when i was 12 years old.
Guest4710 Posted - 03/29/2010 : 16:30:40
buffalo baby
Guest4061 Posted - 03/29/2010 : 16:16:38
San Jose......just because it's about time they did.
irvine Posted - 03/29/2010 : 16:01:30
I'm a Senators fan, and we're going to the post season.

But, I don't see us making the Cup finals, sadly.

So if the Sens are eliminated, I'll be going for the Pens as per usual.

Irvine/prez.
Leafs81 Posted - 03/29/2010 : 15:12:35
I will cheer for Vancouver in the west, because they are Canada's best chance.

and Pittsburgh in the east because I'm a fan of Crosby.
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 03/29/2010 : 08:30:23
I have a hierarchy of teams I cheer for but Chicago and Edmonton take precedence over all of them.

Obviously I won't be cheering the Oilers on in the post season. I'll be cheering Chicago all the way to the Cup this year.

I will also cheer for any team playing against Detroit or Vancouver. If Chicago gets eliminated then i don't have a west favorite, I just know who I don't want to win.

In the east I'm far less picky, but my favorite is Washington.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page