Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Underdog Team

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest3356 Posted - 03/29/2010 : 14:37:18
As seen in the past there is always the low-ranked team that really makes some noise come playoff time. Respectively from each conference who is your choice underdog team? As far as standings go Detroit is considered an underdog team coming into the playoffs but I think that's a first round matchup no team in the west would want. The east is hard to decide due to the fact of the log jam around 6-10 but Montreal has been impressive of late and healthy again and we all know what a hot goalie can do in the playoffs.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest2000 Posted - 03/30/2010 : 11:24:49
I think Ottawa has the talent to suprise some people in the East if Elliott stays hot. They have beaten the Caps a couple of times this year and have the offense that is if Kovalev remembers how to play to score with anyone.

In the west Detroit is still the favorite regardless where they place so i cant call them an underdog. I think Phoenix can surprise anybody cuz Bryzgalov has proven in Anaheim that he can steal a series. But i'll go with Colorado just because it looks like there goin to get the Sharks in the first round and the Sharks and Thorton always drowned in the playoffs.
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 03/30/2010 : 08:21:17
The way I see it there are 3 major underdogs in the west with LA, Phoenix, and Colorado (if they even stay in the running). Any of these teams making it out of the first round I would call an upset/ cinderella team.

Detroit in the playoffs is a major threat whether they're seeded 1st or 8th.

In the east there are 4 underdogs and it doesn't matter who they are. Any team that's not Washington, Pittsburgh, New Jersey or Buffalo is an underdog.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Guest3356 Posted - 03/30/2010 : 05:58:43
I agree that Phoenix is still considered an underdog even with their standings in the west but I think they are a tough playoff series for anyone. I would like to see them do well maybe even win a round it could be great for their franchise and promoting the sport in the area. When I see Atlanta highlights I think their building looks much worse attendance wise. Being Canadian I always feel having another team on home soil would be great but I'm all for making hockey a success everywhere the difference is even when our team is losing we are still going to all the games and watching them passionately live or at home...ahem oilers and leafs fans. When were not winning we do not abandon ship the story for franchises in the states is much different.
Guest4271 Posted - 03/30/2010 : 02:45:23
but can the Sea Dogs get by their nemesis........ The Moncton Wildcats, who can't be too far behind in the rankings
irvine Posted - 03/29/2010 : 19:37:34
I'd love to have an NHL team here. Glendale are so lucky to have an NHL hockey team, yet they just don't seem to appreciate it. :(

We've had an AHL team, won the Calder then parted ways shortly after. (Saint John Flames)

Now, we have a QMJHL team that were ranked #1 in the CHL, now #2 I believe. And are looking good for the Memorial Cup if they continue on!

GO SAINT JOHN SEA DOGS GO!

Irvine/prez.
just1n Posted - 03/29/2010 : 19:13:59
A couple 9000 people attendances in there... Tix have got to be pretty cheap too. I'd love it if I lived in Glendale!
nuxfan Posted - 03/29/2010 : 17:32:18
Found this link that gives attendance numbers since Jan 1/2010: http://www.fromtherink.com/2010/3/26/1391451/analyzing-2010-phoenix-coyotes. It looks like people caught on to the success and the team is pulling in some good numbers. Not staggering, but healthy for a US-based franchise.

However, I think that we all realize that truly successful teams do that in the lean years as well as the successful ones - its why all the Canadian teams are so successful. Great, a good year this year, but what happens if they fall to 14th place again next year?

My underdog team this year is LA. They have a very good young team that I would like to see be successful. They have waited a long time and built a solid team thru drafting and a few smart trades, that are now exciting to watch - which is how a team should be built IMO and should be the model for success.
just1n Posted - 03/29/2010 : 16:51:19
Anyone know how the attendance has been this year in PHX overall? ESPN has the attendance for games in their box scores, the last Coyotes game was a near sellout: http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=300327024

Hugh G. Rection Posted - 03/29/2010 : 16:28:46
I certainly don't want the Coyotes to do well. 4th in the west, they are putting together an incredible season which is quite the story.....

Except they still can't draw more than 10k fans on a good night (with like $5 tickets). It's disgusting to me that Phoenix even has a franchise, and it's a total waste of talent on a nightly basis. So I want Phoenix to be swept in Round 1 so that the franchise doesn't get life-support that will postpone relocation longer than it has already taken. As for underdog Nashville could be interesting, but I don't see them doing much. Does Detroit as an 8 seed count as an underdog? They could easily win the west...
irvine Posted - 03/29/2010 : 16:20:43
Although, they are looking to finish 4th in the West. It's hard not to say the Coyotes are an underdog going in to the playoffs.

This is a team that most seen finishing last or near last, in both the West and entire league.

They have played well, but I still find them to be an underdog. One that I'm actually going to cheer for to do well. :)

Irvine/prez.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page