Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Irvine's Playoff Performer

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
irvine Posted - 05/01/2010 : 20:39:47
You have heard of Pierre's Monster, well here's Irvine's Playoff Performer!
-------------

This is based on up to this far in the post-season.

And my Playoff Performer is.... Jaroslav Halak!
--------------

Okay, okay. I know there are goaltenders who have posted better numbers (such as Evgeni Nabakov), and forwards/defensmen boasting some fair points. But, if not for Halak, the Montreal Canadiens would be on the golf course, after just 5 games at best.

Halak stepped up for the Canadiens, in a big, big way.

Jaroslav Halak is my Playoff Performer (Sponsored by Gatorade).

Who is your Playoff Performer?

Noteables: Sidney Crosby & Joe Pavelski.

Irvine/prez.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 05/05/2010 : 16:28:29
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4716

maybe i am texting my buddies u f***ing a******s

I just love those word scramble thingy;s

a******s

ambushes?
armhairs?
abalones?
acolytes?

Man this is a tough one....

That's gotta be it.... farting acolytes!!!!!

I got it, I got it....

Please don't play with or feed the Trolls. The often don't play nice with others.

Thanks
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 05/05/2010 : 15:30:37
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4716

maybe i am texting my buddies u f***ing a******s

I just love those word scramble thingy;s

a******s

ambushes?
armhairs?
abalones?
acolytes?

Man this is a tough one....

That's gotta be it.... farting acolytes!!!!!

I got it, I got it....

irvine Posted - 05/05/2010 : 11:54:25
Slozo, dead on.

Pavelski is leading not on the Sharks offensive rush, but the playoffs now.

Crosby is always going to be a go-to guy in Pittsburgh. But he's slowed down since round 1, and frustration is setting in for him right now.

That leaves an opening for Pavelski to lead the way. And he is in a big way. As you mentioned, with the big three of Heatley, Thornton & Marleau, Detroit have to focus most of their defensive efforts on those three guys. Leaving Clowe, Setoguchi & Pavalski with breathing room. The key is, they are taking full advantage of that.

Pavelski is showing he can be a secondary scorer for a team. He just has to carry it over in to next season too, and he could reach the 70-pt plateau next season.

Irvine/prez.
n/a Posted - 05/05/2010 : 05:25:17
After the first round, I'd agree with you - Halak was "it", over Crosby and Pavelski, quite correctly.

But so far in the second round, who is it?

My early vote is for Pavelski, who has kept on rolling, despite only getting an assist last night. In a series where San Jose has had two improbable comebacks to win, where every game has been a very close 4-3 score (weird, hunh?), and where Pavelski was basically the first star for the first two games getting 2 goals and an assist in both - you'd have to say it's him.

The key is the depth . . . Detroit has to keep their best checkers on Thornton's line with the ever-dangerous Heatley, and Pavelski is given a bit more breathing space. Detroit just hasn't been able to bear down and stop the offense of the Sharks, and whether it's age, goalie inexperience or just being tired, they haven't been able to keep leads.

Without Pavelski staying hot, Detroit is up 2 games to 1 in this series, I think. So, he's my second round Playoff Performer so far.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest4716 Posted - 05/04/2010 : 17:06:45
Are you kidding me? Carcillo is throwing down, hes doing what needs to be done for his team to win.

MOD Edit: Please use proper spelling and grammar. We aren't your texting buddies.
Guest2115 Posted - 05/04/2010 : 06:39:39
Mike Cammalleri 8 goals 14 points a bunch of game winners Cammy and Halak are 75% of this Habs team
Guest6834 Posted - 05/04/2010 : 06:01:30
Carcillo??? the Avery of this year you wanted a response so i couldnt help it . he,s getting his calls even tho he has been diving since the playoffs started, so give him a bit of credit but come on his diving is way out of control, he makes it so obvious you'd think the refs would'nt buy any of his antics. If your a philly fan pretty hard not to like it tho. Seriously tho gotta be Halak , Rask, Joe Pavs, Crosby, Samuelsson, Chara, and by the time the Bruins go to the finals you gonna have to add my buddy LUCIC!!! Go Bruins!!!!
Guest4779 Posted - 05/02/2010 : 10:20:20
DAN CARCILLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 05/02/2010 : 10:04:08
quote:
Originally posted by polishexpress

My Playoff Performer:

Joe Pavelski aka Big Pavelski.

He's producing like Jumbo Joe should be. Without him, San Jose would probably be out of the playoffs already. Without him San Jose would not have won game 1 against Detroit.

And, you can't lose if you have a Polish surname!

(Brought To You By: The makers of pierogy at a local Polish residence near you!)

I agree Little Joe is doing what Jumbo Joe is supposed to be doing

GO SHARKS GO
polishexpress Posted - 05/01/2010 : 21:30:28
My Playoff Performer:

Joe Pavelski aka Big Pavelski.

He's producing like Jumbo Joe should be. Without him, San Jose would probably be out of the playoffs already. Without him San Jose would not have won game 1 against Detroit.

And, you can't lose if you have a Polish surname!

(Brought To You By: The makers of pierogy at a local Polish residence near you!)

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page