Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Stevie Y #19 retirement ceremony

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ryschevy1 Posted - 01/03/2007 : 09:13:14
Kudos to Stevie Y!! I have never seen as much class and dignity than that shown last night during his speech at his ceremony! For him to say that his leadership qualities are way blown out of proportion shows exactly how great a leader he actually is! I wish there were more like him in the game today. Also nice to see Mr. Konstantinov walking on his own! Another unheralded former player of the game! Can anyone else think of another player who shows or has shown as much class as Steve Yzerman???

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
admin Posted - 01/04/2007 : 11:31:42
Please read the posting guidlelines, specifically numer 5:

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=608
Blubberboy Posted - 01/04/2007 : 10:35:17
quote:
Originally posted by ultimatetitman

Class all the way. Gretzky was like that. He was amazingly modest, given his stats and talent. Indeed, there aren't many like them, that's for sure, but these are are a few that spring immediately to mind. Guest6916 was absolutely correct in mentioning Joe Sakic and Trevor Linden, although Linden's image is a touch tarnished with the Ted Saskin thing. May I also add names like: Ray Bourque, Markus Naslund, Rod Brind'amour, Brian Leetch, Mats Sundin, and Ron Francis. There are more!
All show a class and a dignity that, in my opinion, raise hockey to a higher level than any other team sport out there.
In an apparent attempt to maintain an appropriate level of Good and Evil, I couldn't help but notice the Gary Bettman was there and that he couldn't help commenting on the events in his oh-so-typical windbag, blow hard, arrogant, manner in an attempt to make the night as much about him as Stevie Y. Jack@$$.

Yup.

Go Can's!!
ultimatetitman Posted - 01/03/2007 : 14:03:42
Class all the way. Gretzky was like that. He was amazingly modest, given his stats and talent. Indeed, there aren't many like them, that's for sure, but these are are a few that spring immediately to mind. Guest6916 was absolutely correct in mentioning Joe Sakic and Trevor Linden, although Linden's image is a touch tarnished with the Ted Saskin thing. May I also add names like: Ray Bourque, Markus Naslund, Rod Brind'amour, Brian Leetch, Mats Sundin, and Ron Francis. There are more!
All show a class and a dignity that, in my opinion, raise hockey to a higher level than any other team sport out there.
In an apparent attempt to maintain an appropriate level of Good and Evil, I couldn't help but notice the Gary Bettman was there and that he couldn't help commenting on the events in his oh-so-typical windbag, blow hard, arrogant, manner in an attempt to make the night as much about him as Stevie Y. Jack@$$.
bablaboushka Posted - 01/03/2007 : 12:05:53
I didn't like when he went on about how overblown he thinks his leadership qualities are. I think there is such a thing as being too modest. I know the fans weren't booing him as much as the fact that they weren't buying what he said, but he deserved that.

Other than that, there is no way proper way I can describe his career except to say... amazing.
Guest6916 Posted - 01/03/2007 : 09:39:36
Not many have that kind of class. Joe Sakic and Trevor Linden come to mind.

Stevey Y is a one of a kind - that for sure

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page