Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Midseason awards

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pucker Posted - 01/04/2007 : 10:38:26
My Picks:

Hart: Marian Hossa

...Crosby is a close second and granted the Pens would be nowhere without him, but Hossa is such a complete package at both ends of the rink.

Norris: Chris Pronger

...He has been dominant. Close second to Rory Fitzpatick. OK Im kidding.

Vezina: Martin Brodeur

...Proving he is still the best goaltender in the game and soon to be the best all time.

Calder: Anze Koptiar

...Malkin a close second but lets give the guy from Slovenia some props.

Adams: Ted Nolan

...He has turned the laughing stock of the league into a playoff contender. Makes you wonder why it took him so long to get a job.

Surprise Team: Montreal Canadiens

...Atlanta Thrashers a close second.

Surprise Player: Jarome Iginla

...I never thought he would be top 5 in scoring. He is such a solid team guy, and he is delivering offensively.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4033 Posted - 01/08/2007 : 18:49:07
hart: sidney crosby (2nd&3rd go to niermayer & pronger)
vezina: marty broduer (who is twice the goalie roy ever dreampt of being)
norris: tomas kaberle, just for having to play with frickin mccabe all year
jack adams: lindy ruff - someone give this guy the credit he deserves
calder: anze kopitar
suprise player: jason blake
suprise team: philly cause they SUCK!!
Beans15 Posted - 01/08/2007 : 14:22:02
I am surprised that many people are not considering Lidstrom as a Norris Candidate. He has put up 33 points in 40 games, good for 6th for defencemen. His goalie has the lowest GAA in the league, which we all know can't be done with good defense. He also has more ice time/game and less penalty minutes than Pronger.And the single biggest factor is he is tied for the league lead in +/-. Not just D-Men, the whole league at +23. Pronger is +21 with 7 more points. If Pronger is back sooner than later, he should win it. If not, I would give it to Lidstrom.
Mikhailova Posted - 01/08/2007 : 11:50:54
My picks:

Hart: Marian Hossa
Vezina: Brodeur
Calder: Malkin
Adams: Carbonneau
Surprise Team: Atlanta Thrashers
Surprise Player: Alexander Frolov
bablaboushka Posted - 01/07/2007 : 21:45:42
I bet you all couldn't wait...

Hart: Crosby
Without him there is no Malone, Whitney, Recchi, Gonchar, Armstrong or Ouellet and Malkin has maybe 3/4 of the success he's having now. IHC, I don't care what his facial hair situation is or how disturbing his commercials might be to you, but the simple fact is there is no player more valuable to his team than Crosby. Honourable mention to Ovechkin who should have won it last year.

Norris: Pronger
Who else? Leader in points for D-men, +21, plays about 27 mins. a game... It's no fluke that Anaheim is tops (or 2nd) in the league, or that Giguere is doing so well. Notice how poor Anaheim has been since he got injured? That's no coincidence either.
Honourable mention to his partner, Scott Niedermayer.

Vezina: Giguere
Regardless of who plays in front of him, which does help a lot, Giguere has been stellar this year. 23-4-5, 2.17 GAA, .924 SV%, 4 SO... I mean it doesn't stop. Anaheim has been 1st all year and a lot of it has been due to the consistent, solid performances by Giguere.
Honourable mention to Dominik Hasek. 21 wins in 30 games, .913 SV% and the best GAA in the league at 2.01, with 5 SO to boot. Given his stats, you'd never guess he was turning 42 in three weeks.

Calder: Kopitar
Unlike Malkin, who may still be a little more skilled, Kopitar does not have a Crosby to play with. He has had to work a lot harder for the personal success he's had. Not hardly noticed as much because of all the attention Malkin has gotten, he may not win this trophy for just that reason. He only trails Malkin by three points, but like I said, those are his earned points and not perfect stretch-pass feeds from Crosby.
Honourable mention to Malkin, no need for explanation.

Jack Adams: Babcock
This guy is probably the most underrated coach in the league. No longer having superstars like Yzerman or Shanahan to work with and having the oldest defense in the league (not to mention the oldest goalie) has not slowed him down. Detroit is the best defensive team in the league despite the aging D-men like Lidstrom, Chelios and Schneider. Guys that were written off like Dan Cleary have been resurrected and there are few better coaches under which to blossom for players like Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Detroit has the 6th best record in the league with games in hand, watch out.
Honourable mention to Guy Carbonneau for the fine job he's done with the young Canadiens.

The Rocket Richard is an award based solely on stats, there's no opinion involved. That means at this point it would go to Marian Hossa, Alex Ovechkin and Martin St. Louis.

Surprise team: Atlanta Thrashers
Finally they woke up. Kovalchuk, Hossa, Kozlov, Lehtonen... They just need some better defense and they'll be tops in the league in no time.

Surprise player: Joe Pavelski
My opinion had to be biased somewhere, but listen. He was drafted 205TH OVERALL IN 2003, IN THE 7TH ROUND!!! He was called up to replace Cheechoo and Michalek while they were injured and since then has more than earned his permanent spot on this roster. So much so, that Ron Wilson sent down Steve Bernier instead of him. In the 20 games he's played so far, he has 9 G and 6 A. San Jose is 8-0-0 when he scores and 10-2-0 when he gets a point. I can't wait to see what this guy has to offer San Jose in the years to come.
Guest4306 Posted - 01/07/2007 : 20:53:23
My Picks:

Hart: Sidney Crosby

...Everythings already been said. This kids for real.

...One of the top scoring defensemen, as well as one of the top defensive defensemen

Vezina: Martin Brodeur

...As much as Id like to think that my idol Patrick Roy is the best goalie of all time, Brodeur is definately having his say

Calder: Evgeni Malkin

...Sorry that most of you may disagree but I personally think hes outplaying every rookie out there this year on a consistant basis

Adams: Ted Nolan or Guy Carbonneau

...Nolan has done wonders on the Island, but Carbonneau brought in a team that no one expected much from, has made them a defensive machine and Montreal is kicking arse.

Surprise Team: Montreal Canadiens

...As much as Huet helps lower the GA, Carbonneau has this team playing the best defense in the league.

Surprise Player: Dan Cleary

...Promising player when drafted, turned out to be a total dud like Patrik Stefan.. but hey atleast he might be making up for some of that this season.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 01/07/2007 : 16:34:00
Hart:Sid the Kid
Richard:Ovechkin
Norris:Pronger
Vezina:Brodeur
Calder:Malkin
Adams:Nolan
ST:Washinton
SP:Markus Naslund(because he is doin so bad)
-oil-country- Posted - 01/07/2007 : 15:16:04
how come you guys didn't predict who was gonna win the Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy?
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/07/2007 : 15:12:30
hmmmm gotta wonder if you can read between the lines...I clearly said roy single-handedly won 2 cups, and was named mvp in 2001...that hardly implies the 2001-avalanche are duds...it's just stating a fact.....

hmmmmmmm.......believe it or not, luongo had better #'s in the 1st 20-30 games of the season, so ya ok (granted I don't think #'s are the end all be all).....The only difference is the nucks couldn't score then. If you ever watched Hasek, Roy,or Brodeur, you'll notice that about 1/4 of the goals they let in are soft.....But all you see of them is highlights and the occasional game...Here in the goalie graveyard of vancouver, the media make sure you notice EVERY soft goal luongo lets in.... in the 1st 30 games luongo had to be practically perfect or else the nucks would fail.......I mean back then vancouver was averaging less than 2 goals a game, and roberto somehow kept them at .500....WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And It is useless trying to convince me that any non-goalie (that includes my precious ovi-one) should earn the hart, so don't waste your breath....

I HATE CROSBY
Beans15 Posted - 01/07/2007 : 14:34:42
Another Forum attacked with dung coming from the mouth of I Hate Crosby. Your words prove everyone else right and you wrong. If Crosby is on such a bad team, how can he be leading the league in points, assists, in the top 15 in +/-, and is winning more than 1/2 of his faceoffs. He is ahead of Hossa (seems to be the overwhelming pick for most in the forum for the Hart) in all but goals and PP goals. If' he's on a bad team that means he is doing that all by himself. And they are also 3 games over .500. Not great, but a bad team?? Not sure about that.

Your point that goalies can make a good team great is exactly right. But I would disagree with your logic that Roy single handedly won two cups with Average teams. Colorado in 2001 had players like Sakic, Hedjuk, Tanguey, Forsberg, Blake, and Bourque. That's an average team??? Wow, what does it take to impress you?? Taking nothing away from Roy, I agree that he is the best ever, but to say he did it by himself is the furthest thing from the truth.

Luongo deserving the Hart??? I have seen many Canuck games this year and to say that he has done the job the entire year makes no sense. The past 10-15 games he has been great. The other 25-30 games he was ok, but no where near a Hart Trophy caliber.

Gotta wonder what game you are watching sometimes.
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/07/2007 : 02:52:12
Anyone who picks "sid the shower hider", for the hart should give their head a shake...the pens SUCK, they won't make the post season so, maybe he's mvp of pittsburgh(oops, Kansas), good for him, he's mvp of a joke team, who can't get funding for a new rink b/c everyone in pittsburgh knows they're a joke (ps, I don't personally think he's the mvp of pittsburgh, I think the towel boy is.....he's the only guy on that team I'd say hey to in a bar (well, i'd say hey to sidney, then beat him over the head with a pool cue)).....

Seriously though, the hart trophy is a joke......Anyone knows that only a goaltender can make a bad team good, and a good team great (this is in reference to post-1992(ish)..pre that goalies weren't what they are today)...Now-a-days, it should be a goalie every year...Could you image if vancouver still had cloutier with the weak forwards they have now?...they'd be worst in the west....I would like to add that the hart and the vezina need not go to the same goalie....eg, brodeur has probably been the best in the league this year, but new jersey could be "good" with a b-level goalie (so give marty the vezina)..but bobby-loo(roberto luongo), is the ONLY reason the nucks are not 0-42-0 (they haven't won with the backup yet)....luongo's #'s aren't nearly the best in the league, but if you watch a nucks game and see the chances the other teams get, you'd understand.

by-the-by..shame on anyone who says brodeaur will be the best of all time, he may wind up with the best #'s of any goalie, but PATRICK ROY single-handedly won 2 stanley cups for VERY AVERAGE teams, he also got another conn smythe (that's 3 to marty's 0 if you're counting) in colorado (beating the devils in the finals hahahahahah)......ROY is a hero, brodeur is great, but he has had the luxury of having only about 22 shots against him per game....and of course playoffs count like, double, so despite marty's 3 cups, (let's not forget chris tererri got some games in the first cup run too!), he'll always be behind PATRICK ROY
-oil-country- Posted - 01/06/2007 : 23:41:00
Hart: Hossa
Norris: Pronger
Vezina: Brodeur
Calder:Kopitar
Adams:Savard
Richard:Ovechkin
Surprise Team:Nashville
Surprise Player:Frolov

Beans15 Posted - 01/04/2007 : 15:04:09
Interesting Topic:

Hart Trophy : Sid the Kid (waiting to see the response from I Hate Crosby on this one) I don't think there is a player that is performing as well that means as much to his team as Crosby.

Norris : Nick Lidstrom/Chris Pronger. Both are again having oustanding years. Both are about the same statistically as well as thier teams performances.

Vezina - Giguere. Lots of shots, good GAA, good save %, best team in the league. (Babs, Toskala would have it hands down if he didn't split games with Nabokov)

Calder- Yep, Kopitar has out performed Malkin and everyone else.

Adams - Ya, Nolan would be a good pick. The guy in Vancouver has done a pretty good job too. So has the guy in Nashville.

Surprise Team - Thrashers.

Surprise Player - St. Louis. Many people wrote him off after having a less than stellar year last year. 25-25-50 in 40 games this year. He had 31-30-61 in 80 games all of last year. He's my pick.

Biggest Disappointment so far - As painful as it is to say, Edmonton. They had a great offense on paper at the start of the year. Should have contented with teams like Anahiem, Buffalo, and San Jose offensively with the likes of Hemsky, Smyth, Lupal, Sykora, PIsani, Stoll, and Horcoff. They are 2nd last in the league in shots/game, and 26th in power play. However, the team that lost the great Chris Pronger has held their own defensively (save the last 6 games or so) and have a top 5 penalty kill. That's good considering most people wrote off thier defense after Pronger left. However, still a huge disappointment for me. When the defense giving them a chance, the offense is just not there.

Ryan Harper Posted - 01/04/2007 : 11:26:02
My UN Biased Picks

Hart -Roberto Luongo
Norris - Willie Mitchell
Vezina - Roberto Luongo
Calder - I dont think the Canucks have a rookie...its a push
Adams - Alain Vigneault
Surprise Team - Vancouver Canucks
Surprise Player - Kevin Bieksa

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page