Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Question.

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lyall Posted - 01/04/2007 : 21:49:10
Okay. Here's the deal. Often a Goalies gets pulledor get injured so 2 goalies play in one game, but only one of them gets the win or the lose. What determines who get the win or who gets the lose? I think I figured it out, but not 100%. For a lose, is it the whichever goalie lets the opposing teams winning goal in? And for winning is it whoever is in net at the end of the game?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
1 Crosby fan Posted - 01/24/2007 : 19:17:07
quote:
Originally posted by Just-in-time

i think you get the lose when your in for the other teams winning goal, you get the win when your in for your teams winning goal

Go Jets Go

That is exactly what they said
Just-in-time Posted - 01/23/2007 : 20:35:16
i think you get the lose when your in for the other teams winning goal, you get the win when your in for your teams winning goal

Go Jets Go
Novie Posted - 01/11/2007 : 15:18:27
quote:
Originally posted by ultimatetitman

quote:
Originally posted by Novie
[br0-0 game goes to overtime. Now I'm pretty sure that if someone scores in overtime, no goalie gets credit for a shutout, but what if it goes to a shootout? Do both goalies get shutouts?

Yes, both goalies get a shutout. And if the game ends 1-0 in overtime, then the winning goalie does get credit for the shutout. The losing goalie has the loss added to his stats and the goal is applied against his GAA.
Goalie stats are calculated only to the final whistle. The shootouts do not reflect in their individual stats at all.

So if it happens in the first game of the year, the goalie is:

0-0-0-1 with a 0.00 GAA and one shutout..

haha wierd!

Go Sens
bablaboushka Posted - 01/11/2007 : 14:46:49
That's so strange when you think that with a shutout, you aren't even guaranteed a win...
ultimatetitman Posted - 01/11/2007 : 13:24:55
quote:
Originally posted by Novie
[br0-0 game goes to overtime. Now I'm pretty sure that if someone scores in overtime, no goalie gets credit for a shutout, but what if it goes to a shootout? Do both goalies get shutouts?

Yes, both goalies get a shutout. And if the game ends 1-0 in overtime, then the winning goalie does get credit for the shutout. The losing goalie has the loss added to his stats and the goal is applied against his GAA.
Goalie stats are calculated only to the final whistle. The shootouts do not reflect in their individual stats at all.
Novie Posted - 01/07/2007 : 07:47:06
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

hahahahah.........well, not to toot my own horn, but there is NO goalie question I can't answer....it is the backup goalie{with regards to Novies question} (I got credited for win in a similar circumstance )

This one came up at work a while back:

0-0 game goes to overtime. Now I'm pretty sure that if someone scores in overtime, no goalie gets credit for a shutout, but what if it goes to a shootout? Do both goalies get shutouts?

Go Sens
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/07/2007 : 05:23:23
hahahahah.........well, not to toot my own horn, but there is NO goalie question I can't answer....it is the backup goalie{with regards to Novies question} (I got credited for win in a similar circumstance )

and lyall, the just to end the topic, it is the goalie who's in for the winning goal who gets credit for the win, and whoever is in for the losing goal gets credit for the loss....(if the win happens to be a shutout, then the goalie who gets the win also gets the shutout)

I HATE CROSBY
Novie Posted - 01/05/2007 : 05:32:24
Now what about this:

Pittsburgh and Philly tied 1-1 late in the final game of the season. Pens need to win to make playoffs....single point won't do it. They started with Fleury in goal, he got injured between periods due to a towel-snapping incident. The backup comes in an plays until there are about 2 minutes left, gets pulled.....

Sid scores an amazing around-the-back-no-look-pass-to-himself (that was for you, IHC).

Which goalie gets the win? Now THERE is a trivia question.

PS - I love it when Lehtonen gets put in for the shootout, loses, and still gets me a point in my hockey pool!

Go Sens
bablaboushka Posted - 01/04/2007 : 23:03:43
What goon said... Whichever goalie is on for the winning goal gets the win, and whichever is on for the GWG against gets the loss.
lyall Posted - 01/04/2007 : 22:08:31
What I said or what Goon said?
bablaboushka Posted - 01/04/2007 : 22:05:03
I'm pretty positive that's what it is.
goon Posted - 01/04/2007 : 22:01:02
Im pretty sure you have the loss right - whoever lets in the other teams game winner. But for win I am pretty sure its who is in net for the team when the winner is scored. Not 100% though.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page