Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 stanley cup finals - All American

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4235 Posted - 05/24/2010 : 19:50:00
Well, what do you know, another USA VS USA TEAM AGAIN!! UGH! I dont know about all other canadian hockey fans, but this one is not even watching one single minute of the finals, i could care less about philly or chicago winning the cup!!!
My o My , when are we ever going to see a canadian team win it all????
Unless you either have a relative or friend living in Chicago or philly or have someone you know playing or involved the the telecasts, ALL CANADIAN HOCKEY FANS SHOULD BAN WATCHING THE GAMES AND GIVE THE LEAGUE A WAKE UP CALL AND SHOW SOME VERY POOR RATINGS!! COME ON CANADA, STOP WATCHING THESE STUPID US TEAMS BATTLE IT OUT FOR THE CUP.
23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
umteman Posted - 06/05/2010 : 08:33:24
you have to consider the fact that US based NHL teams out number Canadian teams by 4:1. An all US final is an odds on probabilty in any year.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Rambo2305 Posted - 05/31/2010 : 06:24:55
LOL....that's my response to this topic...

So basically you haven't watched a Cup Final in how long?
Guest2766 Posted - 05/31/2010 : 04:31:39
I have lived in Boston and currently live in Halifax and besides using different money and the odd different sounding accent, i find it very difificult to distinguish the two places so from my perspective I agree with guest 4803
irvine Posted - 05/30/2010 : 20:05:33
@Guest4803:

I am very proud to be Canadian. I have nothing against America, nor Americans. However, Canadians are not Americans in any way.

We are NORTH American, sure. But not American. I am very proud of Canada, being from Canada and to live in Canada. I'd not trade it for any Country in the world. With that being said, please, do not call us Americans.

Thanks

Irvine/prez.
Guest4803 Posted - 05/30/2010 : 18:09:03
Canadians are Americans when it comes down to it, Really anyone living in North or South America is considered to be American, so this i guess you could say is a battle of AMERICA no matter how u look at it, except for the fact there are some Europeans on either team. I dont believe your gonna convince to many people not to watch the stanley cup finals just because the teams are based in the states. Plus there are 39 fellow Canadians between the two rosters more then if you had the Canucks playing the Habs or Sens.
Guest6823 Posted - 05/30/2010 : 09:40:01
I'm a die hard Canucks fan and I think this final is fantastic. I watched last night's game and it was one of the most exciting games of this entire playoff year so far. And it's jam-packed with Canadians playing their hearts out. Looks like you're boycotting by yourself there. I'd be happy with either team winning, as long as they continue to provide us with entertaining hockey.
Deaner Posted - 05/29/2010 : 09:46:38
I agree i can see LA coming quickly, they will be the next chicago also i see good things for tampa in a couple years, edmonton has a while to go but they will be there. Im hoping the leafs can do the same.
Leafs81 Posted - 05/29/2010 : 09:06:24
I agree with everybody here. The finals is a great thing to watch. Especially the past few seasons where really talented teams emerges and not just teams who plays the trap. Also about the Dynasty it's something we'll have to wait and see but like somebody said the chances are that Chicago, Pittsburgh and Washington will share the success. I think LA could go into that group if they keep everything together, Detroit always finds a way to win, San Jose years are not over yet and Tampa Bay and Edmonton are coming in a few years. I love the cap and the fact that there's no dynasty.

Also I'm glad to see Richards and Toews battle for the cup. Two of my favorite players.

I predict Chicago in 6.
irvine Posted - 05/28/2010 : 19:34:20
Being the big hockey fan that I am, I'll be watching every game I have the chance to. (When not @ work, as I work evenings.)

To me, it's not about who is playing. But the quality of hockey being played.

I am an Ottawa Senators fan, but before being a Sens fan, I was a hockey fan. And, I still am. I'm a hockey fan first, Senators fan second.

Irvine/prez.
Deaner Posted - 05/28/2010 : 13:21:30
This is ridiculous...why would we avoid watching the stanley cup finals. Just becuase the teams are based out of the states doesn't mean anything. Look at all the good canadian talent on both of these teams, come on where would either team be without our guys over there playing for them??? if anything we need to support our guys and just enjoy what is going to be an amazing series. GO HAWKS!!!! my guess is in 5
Guest9169 Posted - 05/28/2010 : 09:16:16
Sorry, but Chicago will not become a dynasty. Chicago, Pittsburgh and Washington will all keep each other in check, so that no one dynasty emerges. However in 5 or 6 years, Edmonton will blow them all out and once again rise to the top as the leagues elite team.
The Duke Posted - 05/26/2010 : 19:35:58
chi. wont be a dynasty...you`ll never see another dynasty in hockey, not with the salary cap. Several of chi`s key players are gone next year because of the cap.
Along with that, cup contending teams nowdays play approx. 105 games of hockey, long season, det and pitt are simply burnt out...no desire or major urgency / push to repeat...
such a long season now...players just don`t have the gas to go past 2 - 3 years repeating.
as a canadian i just love to see good fair hockey....regardless of who wins the cup...but it would be nice to see a canadian team win for a change !!!
as a leafs fan...people may call me stupid for saying this...but i believe that brian burke may have the best chance for bringing the cup back to canada...one day...he is a good hockey man
CaliforniaSeal Posted - 05/25/2010 : 21:26:06
When I grew up in Canada in the 70's there were fans of the Candiens, Maple Leafs and Canucks. There were also friends of mine who were fans of the Bruins, Flyers, Black Hawks, Red Wings and Rangers. In 1972 when the Bruins played the Rangers in the finals not one person complained that it was 2 American teams. When the Flyers met the Bruins and then the Sabers in 74 and 75 in the finals nobody was complaining. It seems like a new generation of "we only like Canadian teams" fans have been emerging. I've even heard some locals say they will not watch hockey when the Canucks were eliminated. These people are not hockey fans. Everyone's favourite team gets eliminated or doesn't make the playoffs most years. But to turn your back on the sport because of some silly nationalistic idea is ridiculous.

No cup for Dino, what a shame
Guest4988 Posted - 05/25/2010 : 15:04:40
I agree with most of the comments. I've been a huge Hawks fan for close to 40 years and will be definitely watching and rooting for Chicago. As a few others have pointed out, both the Hawks & Flyers have more Canadian-born players than most, if not all, of the Canadian-based teams. I predict Chicago in 5, but Philadelphia has a great team too & will definitely give them a good series. Also, Antti Niemi has proven to be a great # 1 goalie, so the Hawks should not be searching for another goaltender in the summer.
Guest9966 Posted - 05/25/2010 : 11:02:47
Guest4235 your on your own with this one. I'm Canadian and I would love to see the Halks win the Cup! They have a very exciting dynamic young team and have earned ther chance to win it all.

Guest4271, I disagree with your comment, have you not watched these playoffs. Neimi has proved he is a capable #1 NHL goalie.

Halks in 5
n/a Posted - 05/25/2010 : 08:53:51
Let's keep it on topic folks.

The topic being . . . do you want to jump on Guest 4235's bandwagon and "protest" the final because there are no Canadian teams in it.

So far, just a one person ban, so, probably not that effective. Good luck with that though.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Pasty7 Posted - 05/25/2010 : 07:39:00
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4271

Quebec doesn't even want to be a part of Canada, so I don't even understand how people cheer for the [ moderator edit - abusive language ]. And Philly is probably the most Canadian, just look at their roster

carefull bud i'm from quebec and as proud as ever to be Canadian, and i'm not a minority at all a very small minority of quebec who wants out it just so happens its that small minority everyone pays attention too..

Pasty
Guest9910 Posted - 05/25/2010 : 03:09:11
Sorry, I'm wrong. We got 3 Canadian Gold Medalists on either team. Go Phila.
Beans15 Posted - 05/24/2010 : 21:13:48
In these playoffs, 1 out of 8 teams in the West and 2 out of 8 teams in the East that are Canadian. That means there is 25% chance that a team from Canada would come out of the East and a 12.5% chance of a Canadian team coming out of the West. If you want to have an all Canadian final, if my math is correct, you have just a shade better than a 3% chance of both teams being Canadian in the final. That that's just on math. This does not bring in the fact that with the exception of Vancouver, the Canadian teams were lower Seeds. The Fact that Montreal went to the East Final was a huge success for that team.

Finally, as I said in another thread, who cares if the team is from Canada? Of the 49 players from Chicago and Philly who have played in theses playoff, 31 are Canadian. Both Chicago and Philly have more Canadian players than Montreal does.

C'mon Canadian fans, boycott the Finals?? Are you serious?? Do you know what the NHL is without American teams? Out of Business. Both Philly and Chicago have had NHL teams longer (continuous) than every Canadian Team other than Montreal and Toronto!! If you want to boycott something, boycott your Canadian team's stuff for not being good enough to compete for the Cup!!
FLYING -V Posted - 05/24/2010 : 20:17:34
What would your stupid boycott accomplish??? What do you want? Do you want only canadian teams to compete for the cup?? That would solve all your problems, another six team league. But then the 24 american teams would form a new league. One that made more money and thus was able to pay it's players more, then all the good players would go there. you see how flawed your idea is?

better philedelphia or chicago than a canadian team loaded with euros. It's still good hockey no matter what teams are playing. Personally I'd rather see Richards or Toews lift the cup than anybody on montreal. If you want to see canadian teams win all the time, stick to the memorial cup.

Its not worth winning if you cant win big!
Guest9910 Posted - 05/24/2010 : 20:17:30
You got 3 Canadian Gold Medallists playing for Chi, and another 2 on Philly. That sounds pretty Canadian to me.
Guest4271 Posted - 05/24/2010 : 20:01:07
Quebec doesn't even want to be a part of Canada, so I don't even understand how people cheer for the [ moderator edit - abusive language ]. And Philly is probably the most Canadian, just look at their roster
Guest4271 Posted - 05/24/2010 : 19:58:40
What do you mean you ain't watchin', the next dynasty has begun.......especially if Chicago goes and gets a goaltender after July 1st.....Hawks in 5

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page