Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Hall and Seguin on OTR

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Posted - 06/04/2010 : 16:23:29
So I watched a very interesting OTR today with the consensus number one and two overall picks at this year's draft. I'm pretty impressed these guys did this to begin with, given how unscripted Landsberg likes to get (that's the point of the show, isn't it?) and how scripted these guys are expected to be right now. So definitely nice to see, and worth checking out.

Just wondering what others' observations are on this. To me, it seemed like Seguin was a little more relaxed and laid back. Does anyone share that view, and more importantly, does that play a role if you're a GM on draft day?

Obviously there are benefits to that type of personality, especially if you're trying to give your franchise a face to build around. Not to mention that we've seen what players that don't feel as much pressure can do compared to those who have a harder time.

Thoughts?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
irvine Posted - 06/04/2010 : 18:18:48
I did not see the interview in question, as I was out fishing. (Caught a nice brown trout, 14.5 inches :P), but...

I have seen a few interviews with both of these guys, and i've found that Taylor Hall seems a little caught up in himself. Every time I see the guy, he's praising his offensive skills. I don't find anything wrong with it, per say. He should be proud of what he has accomplished thus far in his early career. But, he does seem a little full of himself.

Seguin on the other hand, I find to be a little more humble.

Either way, both guys are talented and should come in to their own at the NHL level, within a short period of time.

I have not seen enough of either yet, to really make a judgment about their personalities though.

Irvine/prez.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page