Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Pick Your Best Team

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leafsfan_101 Posted - 06/05/2010 : 09:22:17
Hey guys, so I have an idea here. Let's make it somewhat of a competition. You must assemble your best team possible out of all of the players in the NHL. Sound easy? Well you must follow these rules:
1) NHL roster rules apply - 12 forwards, 6 defenseman, 1 utility player (either an extra forward or defenseman) and 2 goalies.

2) You MUST NOT go over the current NHL cap. The current cap is 56.8 million dollars. All salaries are to be based off of the 09/10 season, meaning guys like Toews and Kane are still in entry level contracts. If you need to check any player's salary, a great site is http://www.nhlnumbers.com/

3). Everyone has a stacked team if they include all rookies who are still making entry level deals. Therefore, you can ONLY have a maximum of 3 players still in their entry level contract.

4) Will you focus on a more defensively minded team, or will it be all offense all the time. Be creative, and show how smart you are.

5) Have fun with it. If anything, this should show us just how tough an NHL roster is to assemble.

When you post your team, please make the format as such:

quote:
RW (salary) - C (salary) - LW (salary)

D (salary) - D (salary)
D (salary) - D (salary)
D (salary) - D (salary)

Utility (salary)

Goalie (salary)
Goalie (salary)

Let's see who can assemble the best team of us all.
38   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
irvine Posted - 06/14/2010 : 13:47:45
I'd also like you to remember, that I included all bonuses for players, etc... making salaries much, much higher on guys like Toews, Kane, etc...

If I removed bonuses and all other factors in the salaries, like most of you did, i'd have 10-12 Million dollars in freed up salary. I could fill any holes I needed to, come trade deadline.

As for being defensive on the 3rd/4th lines... i'll take sub-par defensive players, with a couple of guys who play a good defensive game, that score like 2nd line players on both 3 and 4 line slots.

Also, Bertuzzi, Lapierre, Jokinen & Leino all play pretty solid two-way games. The only two who lack, are Backstrom & Afinagenov. But, i'll take the added offense they are going to create, with 4 other guys who can cover the back side of things for them.

Tons of extra offense on 3/4, with enough guys for the defensive side.

Irvine/prez.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 06/14/2010 : 11:09:02
quote:
Originally posted by polishexpress

Since when is Nicklas Backstrom(Caps Center) a "mediocre" scorer? He is simply overlooked or dismissed because of playing with Ovechkin, and yes, it pads his stats, but he is still a first line centre on many teams.

But realistically, Leafsfan, if you were to put together such an offensively gifted group as Irvine listed, when would you be worried about defensive roles? Toews is one of the best in that dept., as is Crosby. You could always grab a player like you did with Malhotra instead of Betuzzi.

Have to say, though, I love your d, leafsan, except for Regehr. I think you can get some cheaper, younger alternatives with similar abilties for under 3.5mil.

Plus, leafsfan, your team would dissolve immediately, as you would not be able to sign Kane, Toews, and Lucic to deals with the cap space you had left.

In 7 games, though, I agree with you that your team would probably win.

Besides Backstrom, of course, but realistically a team should not be focused on having a scoring 3rd line. That is why I don't think the team would work there. You do want some scoring, but defense should come first. The team I created, however, is both solid defensively and offensively, which means that I get what a 3rd line should be PLUS secondary scoring.

If I was trying to build a team for the future, however, this would be a much different tam. You are correct that this team would dissolve very quickly. I made this team as a one time thing, I didn't plan to build a long lasting team for this game.

But in one season, or in the playoffs, this team would beat any team and capture a Cup.
polishexpress Posted - 06/13/2010 : 22:53:08
Since when is Nicklas Backstrom(Caps Center) a "mediocre" scorer? He is simply overlooked or dismissed because of playing with Ovechkin, and yes, it pads his stats, but he is still a first line centre on many teams.

But realistically, Leafsfan, if you were to put together such an offensively gifted group as Irvine listed, when would you be worried about defensive roles? Toews is one of the best in that dept., as is Crosby. You could always grab a player like you did with Malhotra instead of Betuzzi.

Have to say, though, I love your d, leafsan, except for Regehr. I think you can get some cheaper, younger alternatives with similar abilties for under 3.5mil.

Plus, leafsfan, your team would dissolve immediately, as you would not be able to sign Kane, Toews, and Lucic to deals with the cap space you had left.

In 7 games, though, I agree with you that your team would probably win.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 06/13/2010 : 21:46:59
quote:
Originally posted by Guest3421

I think my team would beat anyone's here, just because of the two-way players I have. And I can score, while having one of the most stingiest and toughest defenses to beat.

Irvine's team is good, but I think mine could easily take his. After his top 6 the rest kinds fizzle out. I mean, Maxim Afinogenov had a nice bounce back year, and Ville Leino suprised a lot of people in the playoffs, but I wouldn't put scorers, and mediocre scorers, on my 3rd line. The 4th line lacks any definition, and Big Bert is older and definitely benefited this year from playing top 6 minutes. But if that 4th line is set to take on defensive roles, apart from Laperriere, yikes!

Mine will take any team here, without question!

Sorry folks, that was me.
Guest3421 Posted - 06/13/2010 : 21:46:20
I think my team would beat anyone's here, just because of the two-way players I have. And I can score, while having one of the most stingiest and toughest defenses to beat.

Irvine's team is good, but I think mine could easily take his. After his top 6 the rest kinds fizzle out. I mean, Maxim Afinogenov had a nice bounce back year, and Ville Leino suprised a lot of people in the playoffs, but I wouldn't put scorers, and mediocre scorers, on my 3rd line. The 4th line lacks any definition, and Big Bert is older and definitely benefited this year from playing top 6 minutes. But if that 4th line is set to take on defensive roles, apart from Laperriere, yikes!

Mine will take any team here, without question!
polishexpress Posted - 06/12/2010 : 20:47:26
Pasty, your goalies are your weak spot. Steve Mason is an unproven talent, and although this year, the fianlists' goalies were Niemi and Leighton/Boucher, this is not EA's NHL10 where a high potential in Mason will eventually pay dividends.

Yes, I know Mason has a better than .900 save percentage over 2 years and in 119 games in the NHL, and I don't think he is a bad goalie, but I think that if you have mason as your starter, get a better goalie than Garon to backup, then I would stand behind your team(I have the same problem with Halak/Harding). Maybe you could use a better second line left wing than Bill Guerin.

My top 3 lines beat your top 3 hands down: i have the league's best in Crosby and Ovechkin, the cup winning scorer in Kane, one of the youngest ever to score 50 in Stamkos, a player oft overlooked in Parise(way better that your 2nd line winger, Guerin) Byfuglien who displayed his physical play in the finals, and then a second line center on any other team in Pavelski, a great pk guy in Burrows(not to mention annoying), and LA kings captain Dustin Brown. And I could still afford Toews.

I think the best team is Irvine's.... rock solid goaltending, experience and youth in d, as well as prolific scoring 2 lines, 2nd line quality on the third, and 3rd line quality on the 4th.

Your d is better than mine though, pasty. So do not declare
Pasty7 Posted - 06/12/2010 : 10:42:04
either waY my team is still the best nto to mention mine i could keep together for years i even have enough cap room to replace Bill Guerin when he retires

Pasty
whereismykovalchuk Posted - 06/12/2010 : 07:36:23
irvine those arent with extensions the cap hit is so high because of bonus based on performance and draft position hence kane made 3.7 not .875 and not 6 million

bring back the franchise player or the team will leave like the last one
irvine Posted - 06/11/2010 : 22:25:57
Team Irvine
- - - - - - - - - -

Forwards:

Martin St. Luis (5.250) - Sidney Crosby (8.7) - Rich Nash (5.4)

Patrick Kane (3.725) - Jonathon Toews (2.8) - Wojek Wolski (2.8)

M. Afinaganov (0.800) - Nicklas Backstrom (2.4) - Ville Leino (0.531)

Todd Bertuzzi (1.5) - Ian Laperriere (1.167) - Jussi Jokinen (1.7)

4 Forward lines combined = $36.773

Defense:

Duncan Keith (1.475) - Drew Doughty (3.475)
Zbynek Michalek (1.250) - Tyler Myers (1.300)
PK Subban (0.875) - Niklas Hjalmarsson (0.643)

Defense Total: $9.018

Starting Goalie: Ryan Miller (6.250)
Backup Goalie: Jonas Hiller (1.300)

Goalie Total: $7.550

Total: 53.341

*** NOTICE: I used ACTUAL Cap Hits for each players contracts. Not their salary for the year. This includes guys under entry level deals, driving their Cap Hit much higher (with the new deal they signed). Example: Toews & Kane. Thus nullifying them as rookies for me. Also, some D are not under entry-level deals, they just make low salaries.

Also, I'm sure I could fix up the back end and forwards a little bit, with some more research. So, I may edit this at a later date when I have more time.

Irvine/prez.
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 06/11/2010 : 12:27:19
quote:
Originally posted by Jumbo Joe Rocks

Here is my team....
Clowe(3.6)-Thornton(7.2)-Voracek(1.2)
Marleau(6.3)-Bozak(1.7)-Bernier(2)
Whitney(3.5)-Crosby(8.7)-Lapierre(0.800)
Shelley(0.700)Wolski(3)-Mueller(1.3)

Demers(0.500)-Volchenkov(3.2)
Seabrook(3.5)-Keith(1.9)
Leach(0.400)-Gorges(1)

Nabokov(6.5)
Gustavsson(0.900)

RE-SIGN PATTY

Fixed, salary $56.5
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 06/10/2010 : 19:54:36
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinOilCountry

Forwards (35.865M)

L. Eriksson (1.7) - S. Crosby (8.7) - S. Stamkos (0.875)
R. Bourque (1.4) - J. Toews (0.850) - D. Byfuglien (3)
T. Holmstrom (2.25) - P. Kessel (4.5) - M. St Louis (4)
A. Ladd (1.65) - J. Staal (4) - M. Knuble (2.8)
B. Eager (0.965)

Defense (15.225M)

D. Keith (1.9) - B. Seabrook (3.5)
D. Doughty (0.875) - Volchenkov (3.2)
T. Poti (3.5) - H. Gill (2.25)

Goalies (2.35M)

J. Hiller (1.3)
C. Anderson (1.5)

total salary of 54.64M

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.

Fixed. I think.

FLYING -V Posted - 06/10/2010 : 16:37:56
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinOilCountry

Here goes, I think I did it right:

Forwards (35.865M)

L. Eriksson (1.7) - S. Crosby (8.7) - P. Kane (0.875)
T. Holmstrom (2.25) - S. Stamkos (3.725) - M. St Louis (4)
B. Eager (0.965)

Defense (15.225M)

Goalies (2.35M)

T. Rask (0.850)

C. Anderson (1.5)

So, assuming I followed the rules right and didn't bugger my math I have a total salary of 53.44M

pretty sure the rules were 3 entrly level players, not five. stamkos makes .875 per year

Its not worth winning if you cant win big!
leafsfan_101 Posted - 06/10/2010 : 13:38:48
I did it this way so that it is based off of their contract for the entire year, as opposed to only a portion. This way it is more fair, and more accurate.

Pasty got it right, and if you look at the Thrashers salary page they would still have Ilya Kovalchuk listed on their cap hit, since they did pay him to start the year. He will be greyed out though.
whereismykovalchuk Posted - 06/09/2010 : 15:15:28
but that is total hit the salary is the payment that year but salary would be different
they use an average of the value of contract over the term i believe not like other leagues which use the salary you make that year so your cap hit will either go up or down after each year where the nhl just uses the average it is the answer to those front loaded deals

Pasty7 Posted - 06/09/2010 : 15:04:33
quote:
Originally posted by whereismykovalchuk

oh that makes more sense then but salary doesnt affect the cap the cap hit is what gets deducted form the cap

i dont quite understand all of it but the jist is if you take say ilya kovalchuk his cap hip is not representative of his actual salary since his cap hit is extremly low because he has only been a devil for a quarter of the season i think

Pasty
whereismykovalchuk Posted - 06/09/2010 : 14:19:58
oh that makes more sense then but salary doesnt affect the cap the cap hit is what gets deducted form the cap

HawkinOilCountry Posted - 06/09/2010 : 12:32:50
Here goes, I think I did it right:

Forwards (35.865M)

L. Eriksson (1.7) - S. Crosby (8.7) - P. Kane (0.875)
T. Holmstrom (2.25) - S. Stamkos (3.725) - M. St Louis (4)
B. Eager (0.965)

Defense (15.225M)

Goalies (2.35M)

T. Rask (0.850)
C. Anderson (1.5)

So, assuming I followed the rules right and didn't bugger my math I have a total salary of 53.44M

Pasty7 Posted - 06/09/2010 : 11:12:05
quote:
Originally posted by whereismykovalchuk

well now this is a good one but no team really only carries that 19 skaters so its more three goalies seven d and 14 forwards so try that it might be more difficult but more realistic

Kovalchuk 6.4 Backstrom 2.4 Kessel 5.4
Parise 3.1 Toews 2.8 Nash 5.4
Afinogenov .8 Laich 2.1 Ladd 1.6
Ott 1.4 Kesler 1.8 Fiddler 1.1
Rypien .6 Chipchura .5

35.4M

Volchenkov 2.5 Smid 1.3
Giordano .9 Robidas 1.5
Keith 1.5 Green 5.3
Foster .6

13.6M

Rask 3.2
Anderson 1,8
Niittymakki .6

5.6M

Total 54.6 Million

no one else noticed Rask had better numbers that miller hmmm...or that backstrom arrived and the caps suddenly became a playoff team maybe he helped ovechkin succeed top four in socring doesnt happen just because you paly with ovechkin i mean look at mike knuble he had an alright year but he didnt have 100+ points

And polish express that is not quite true as the cap hit for your rookies is much higher than your thing states because stamkos and kane are 3.7ish and doughty is 3.5 so not so far from the cap more like half a million to hand out next year

uhh its because we are not useing the cap hit we are useing the salary for 09 or 10 for example nash`s cap hit 09 10 is actually 7 not 5.4 i made that same mistake

Pasty
whereismykovalchuk Posted - 06/09/2010 : 10:30:41
well now this is a good one but no team really only carries that 19 skaters so its more three goalies seven d and 14 forwards so try that it might be more difficult but more realistic

Kovalchuk 6.4 Backstrom 2.4 Kessel 5.4
Parise 3.1 Toews 2.8 Nash 5.4
Afinogenov .8 Laich 2.1 Ladd 1.6
Ott 1.4 Kesler 1.8 Fiddler 1.1
Rypien .6 Chipchura .5

35.4M

Volchenkov 2.5 Smid 1.3
Giordano .9 Robidas 1.5
Keith 1.5 Green 5.3
Foster .6

13.6M

Rask 3.2
Anderson 1,8
Niittymakki .6

5.6M

Total 54.6 Million

no one else noticed Rask had better numbers that miller hmmm...or that backstrom arrived and the caps suddenly became a playoff team maybe he helped ovechkin succeed top four in socring doesnt happen just because you paly with ovechkin i mean look at mike knuble he had an alright year but he didnt have 100+ points

And polish express that is not quite true as the cap hit for your rookies is much higher than your thing states because stamkos and kane are 3.7ish and doughty is 3.5 so not so far from the cap more like half a million to hand out next year

polishexpress Posted - 06/08/2010 : 19:09:13
Well, here is my 09/10 team, as per rules above (I hope!):

Ovechkin (9) Crosby (9) Kane (0.875) = 18.875

Parise (3) Stamkos (0.875) Byfuglien (3) = 6.875

Burrows (2) Pavelski (1.725) Dustin Brown( 2.45) = 6.175

Glencross (1.2) Belanger(1.75) Laperriere(1.3) = 4.25

Doughty(0.875) Keith(1.9) = 2.77

Douglas Murray (2.5) Giordano (1) = 3.5

Smid(1.3) Gorges(1) = 2.3

Strudwick (0.7)

Halak(0.85) Harding (1.1) = 1.95

Total Salary = $47.4mil

Now, next year, once all the extensions kick in, I would be in trouble, since I would only have $9.4mil to hand out. Other than that, I think I have a pretty good team, and could afford upgrades in any positions if salaries stayed the same.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 06/08/2010 : 18:08:23
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

Actually, you guys both read the website incorrectly. You don't look at the cap hit column (the one in grey), you look at the column titled 09/10 salary, because that is the amount to be made. The cap hit column is to show how much a team played a specific player for that year (eg Demers was only on the team for 99 days, so he was only paid 99 days worth of his NHL contract, which is .200. His actual salary is .523 mil.

So both you and Pasty have teams which would be over the cap.

You said the salary was 56.8 I had 56.4 I was not over the cap.

RE-SIGN PATTY

I meant that you are over because you had read the salaries wrong. Jason Demers' salary is .523 mil, not .200 mil. You also have Jody Shelly's contract incorrect. Duncan Keith should be 1.9 mil, and Lapierre should be at .800.

That is how you are over the cap, it isnt your fault, you just read the players salaries incorrectly.
Guest6142 Posted - 06/08/2010 : 18:07:37
just weighing in on current teams since i'm way too lazy to make one myself.

Jumbo and Guest are both over the cap and probably should redo their rosters, which leaves leafsfan,pasty and flying v.

In my opinion all three teams are pretty even up front, with leafsfan maybe earning a slight advantage cuz of ovechkin.

on the back end, i think patsy and flying v both have put together bluelines with v maybe getting the advantage just cuz of niedemeyer.

in goal i give the advantage hands down to flying v, with the leagues best goaliw along with a solid up and comer in hiller.

so all-around i think i'll give edge to flying,with leafsfan putting up the second best roster and pasty a close third.

just my 2 cents
Pasty7 Posted - 06/08/2010 : 17:47:21
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

here goes

Cammalleri (5) Toews (.85) Carter (5)
Guerin (2) Geztlaf (5.1) Nash (7)
Chimera (1.8) Lombardi (2.3) Doan (4.55)
Kostopulos (.9) Neidmyer (1) Ott (1.5)

total on forwards (36.95)

Doguhty (.875) Weaber (4.5)
Seabrook (3.5) Keith (1.9)
Quincey (.520) Georges (1.1)
extra Dominic Moore (1.1)

total d men with extra (10.49)

S. Mason (.910)
M. Garon (1.1)

for a total cap hit of 48.45 million so if i need an edge at the deadline i can go get a rental ,, and if you take a look this isn`t a one year team this team i could easily keep together for another 4 years given the contracts can you say DYNASTY!! i should be a gm hahahaha

Pasty

see the changes im well under may cap now except i have 4 rookie contracts so exchange mason for miller and i still easily have the best team so far

Pasty
Pasty7 Posted - 06/08/2010 : 17:19:36
quote:

Actually, you guys both read the website incorrectly. You don't look at the cap hit column (the one in grey), you look at the column titled 09/10 salary, because that is the amount to be made. The cap hit column is to show how much a team played a specific player for that year (eg Demers was only on the team for 99 days, so he was only paid 99 days worth of his NHL contract, which is .200. His actual salary is .523 mil.

i`m still well under the cap even more so with your changes i was already paying doughty 4.5 million and i didn`t have too so im actually way under the cap now,, i may go get ryan miller to give me an edge

Pasty
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 06/08/2010 : 16:32:26
quote:

You said the salary was 56.8 I had 56.4 I was not over the cap.

RE-SIGN PATTY
Alex Posted - 06/08/2010 : 15:27:21
quote:

Surprised you'd take Carcillo on a playoff team... your roster seems pretty good past this guy, but honestly, I don't think he's a gamer when it's all on the line.

I don't love your goaltending, but then again, look who's backstopping these finals while Brodeur, Luongo, Fleury and Nabokov all made early exits... maybe this spells the beginning of the end for the "build from the net out" mentality?
leafsfan_101 Posted - 06/08/2010 : 14:18:11

Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 06/08/2010 : 10:44:27
quote:

Here is my team....
Whitney(3.5)-Crosby(8.7)-Lapierre(0.600)
Shelley(0.200)Wolski(0.500)-Mueller(1.3)

Demers(0.200)-Boyle(6.6)
Seabrook(3.5)-Keith(1.4)
Sopel(2.5)-Gorges(1)

Nabokov(6.5)
Gustavsson(0.900)

Figure out salary cap later

RE-SIGN PATTY

My salary cap is 56.4 that is alot of money very close to the cap what would I do with 4 thousand dollars.buy 40 people a hot dog.

RE-SIGN PATTY
Guest1481 Posted - 06/08/2010 : 01:09:56
okay no one has taken niklas backstrom hmm,

hossa (5.2) Backstrom (2.4) Kovalchuk (6.4)
Parise (3.1) Toews (2.8) Nash (5.4)
Armstrong (2.3) dubinsky (1.9) Ladd (1.6)
Kessel (5.4) Eaves (0.5) Ott (1.4)
Orr(1.0)
murray (2.5) shultz (0.7)
keith (1.5) weber (4.5)
Doughty (3.5) Giordano (0.9)
Anderson (1.8)
hiller (1.3)

56.1 total so still a bit of wiggle room for improvements at the deadline or to carry an extra defensemen
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 06/07/2010 : 16:33:48
Here is my team....
Whitney(3.5)-Crosby(8.7)-Lapierre(0.800)
Shelley(0.700)Wolski(3)-Mueller(1.3)

Demers(0.500)-Volchenkov(3.2)
Seabrook(3.5)-Keith(1.9)
Leach(0.400)-Gorges(1)

Nabokov(6.5)
Gustavsson(0.900)

Figure out salary cap later

RE-SIGN PATTY
Pasty7 Posted - 06/06/2010 : 16:30:25
quote:
Originally posted by Sensfan101

He Pasty I'm pretty sure Guerin is from the U.S.A.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky

you re right my bad

Pasty
Sensfan101 Posted - 06/06/2010 : 12:08:10
He Pasty I'm pretty sure Guerin is from the U.S.A.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Pasty7 Posted - 06/05/2010 : 15:02:08
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

here goes

Cammalleri (6) Toews (.875) Carter (5)
Guerin (2) Geztlaf (5.325) Nash (5.4)
Chimera (1) Lombardi (1.87) Doan (4.55)
Kostopulos (.9) Neidmyer (1) Ott (1.3)

total on forwards (35.22)

Doguhty (3.4) Weaber (4.5)
Seabrook (3.5) Keith (1.4)
extra Nick Boynton (.210)

total d men with extra (14.62)

S. Mason (.910)
M. Garon (1.1)

for a total cap hit of 51.85 million so if i need an edge at the deadline i can go get a rental ,, and if you take a look this isn`t a one year team this team i could easily keep together for another 4 years given the contracts can you say DYNASTY!! i should be a gm hahahaha

Pasty

i just realized my entire team in Canadian hahaha not intentional waht so ever,, all 4 of my forward lines do everything they score they hit and they play a north south game with the exception of Cammalleri, they all have proven themselves clutch in playoffs and or tournoment play and well kosto will take a beating for anyone on the team ,, i do think Boynton is a mistake though how could his cap hit be only .210 anyway i took him but i think it must be a typo.... my d is perfect my goaltending is suspect but im betting on steve mason developping into a stud and Garon being imo one of the top back ups in the league,,, imo this team beats what leafs fan and flying v have put together in a 7 games series

Pasty
Pasty7 Posted - 06/05/2010 : 14:44:49
here goes

Cammalleri (5) Toews (.85) Carter (5)
Guerin (2) Geztlaf (5.1) Nash (7)
Chimera (1.8) Lombardi (2.3) Doan (4.55)
Kostopulos (.9) Neidmyer (1) Ott (1.5)

total on forwards (36.95)

Doguhty (.875) Weaber (4.5)
Seabrook (3.5) Keith (1.9)
extra Dominic Moore (1.1)

total d men with extra (10.49)

S. Mason (.910)
M. Garon (1.1)

for a total cap hit of 48.45 million so if i need an edge at the deadline i can go get a rental ,, and if you take a look this isn`t a one year team this team i could easily keep together for another 4 years given the contracts can you say DYNASTY!! i should be a gm hahahaha

Pasty
FLYING -V Posted - 06/05/2010 : 12:11:24
Miller(6.25)
Hiller(1.3)

Niedermeyer(6) - Lidstrom(7.45)
Doughty(0.875)- Keith(1.9)
Coburn (1.4) - Yandle(1.1)

Stamkos(0.875)-Crsoby(8.7) - St.Louis(4)
Parise(3)-Toews(0.875-Lagenbrunner(2.8)
Kesler(1.75)-J.Staal(3.5)-Asham-(0.675)
Gordon(.650)-R.Johnson(1.1)-D.Miller(0.500)
Utility-Parros(.875)

That puts us at about 56.131 for salary, a shade below the cap.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 06/05/2010 : 11:26:23
quote:
Originally posted by FLYING -V

Leafs fan, pretty sure you went over your entry level limit,

Lucic
Toews
Kane
Rinne

you've got four of them, might want to revise your roster

Thank you sir, you are correct. I forgot to take into account Rinne because he was a goaltender, and because he is 26. It was my error, so thank you for helping me to correct it,

My team is now complient with both the rules and the cap.
FLYING -V Posted - 06/05/2010 : 11:08:22
Leafs fan, pretty sure you went over your entry level limit,

Lucic
Toews
Kane
Rinne

you've got four of them, might want to revise your roster

leafsfan_101 Posted - 06/05/2010 : 10:50:08
Here is my team. It fits the style of play I like to not only play, but it is a good mix of everything I think it would take to win the Cup.

quote:

Ovechkin (9) - Toews (0.850) - Kane - (0.875)
Parise (3) - Richards (5.6) - Iginla (7)
Carcillo (0.938) - Callahan (2.2) - Langenbrunner (2.8)
Lucic (0.685) - Malholtra (0.700) - Laperriere (1.3)
Byfuglien (3)

Salary = 37.95

Seabrook (3.5) - Keith (1.9)
Sopel (2.5) - Regehr (3.5)
D. Murray (2.5) - Gorges (1)

= 14.9 mil

Hiller (1.3)
Garon (1.2)

= 2.5

Total Salary = 55.35 mil
Total Cap Space = 1.45 mil

This team delivers the exact type of team I would love to not only play with, but watch. They are hard-hitting, fast, rugged, defensively sound, have scoring prowess, are strong down the middle, I mean they are everything.

My three entry-level guys are Lucic, Kane, and Toews. But I just absolutely love this team. My top line are skilled, fast and can score, yet have the creativity and work ethic to make plays happen. They are the line that, if a goal is needed, they will get that goal.

The 2nd line is a tough as nails line, with the ability to put the biscuit in the net. They are great 2-way players as well, so I can see this line scoring as well as shutting down the opposition.

The 3rd line is absolutely killer. This line wins games. Carcillo is the spark, and Langenbrunner and Callahan is the fuse. Ryan Callahan is my 3rd favourite player in the NHL, and in my opinion the most underrated by far. This guy is a beat defensively, yet has the hands and the ability to a playmaker or scorer. He is Mike Richards 2.0. Langenbrunner is a good 2 way guy, and Carcillo is just a pest. He will get under your skin and prevent you from playing your game. It is just an unstoppable - and underrated - line.

My fourth line is another shutdown line is another line who will get down and dirty. Laperriere and Lucic are beasts, and they will check and grind you to a pulp. They block shots, force turnovers, and win games. Big Time.

In fact, most of my team here has a huge physical component to it. Richards, Callahan, Langenbrunner, Iginla and Malholtra are all solid 2 way forwards. This team is good at winning faceoffs, and can easily handle any and all situations.

The defense is not flashy, but they get the job done. Seabrook, Keith, and Sopel are all amazing, as evidenced by the playoffs this year. Little things done by Douglas Murray, Robin Regehr and Josh Gorges will be the difference though. And, if need be, Dustin Byfuglien can play as either a 13th forward or a 7th defenseman.

In net, it is all about consistency and skill. Hiller can make the big save if need be, but most of all, his consistency is umatched. Garon has been good on occasion, and he would be a very suitable backup. With that team in front of them, they will easily be counted on to just not lose games.

So that is my team, and I think it is pretty great. Think you can top it?

Well let's see.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page