Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Non infraction,Idiotic,Game Resulting PENALTIES

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
spearbelly Posted - 01/09/2007 : 21:04:44
Are there other fans who are EXTREMELY fed up with these CONSTANT "MAKE BELIEF" calls??I'm a fan of eliminating the CLUTCH and GRAB crap and the "FLOW" is now evident and the Dancers and Prancers can strutt their stuff.So WHY these nonsense calls where a stick(hockey utensil) touches a hockey pant pad (without enough pressure to harm a near- death termite) without IMPEDING the Prancer's progress ,can result in a game deciding PPG.It's devastating to players and disgusting to fans.What say you????
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ultimatetitman Posted - 01/11/2007 : 14:08:46
The refs have a mandate from the league to get any and all stickwork out of the game. The league has implimented a zero tolerance for stick infractions, whether they impede or not. It is hope that by cracking down now, hooking and slashing will disappear from the game.
The players know this. Sure, years of using your stick as a weapon or as an anchor are hard to overcome, but they all know the rule.
The refs are in a psotion where they must call these penalties because, in essence, their job depends on it. They don't get multi-year contracts like the players do, and they are not automatically assigned playoff games where their pay jumps considerably. They have to earn these rights, and only by sticking to the mandate will they reap the rewards.
As far as Novie's Briere analogy, that call is at the discretion of the ref. He may not have been in position to see the full incident, or he may have only caught the end of it. If that is the case, and all he sees is Heatley's stick in Briere's face, then he has to call it as he sees it. It's not right, but whoever said life is fair?
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/10/2007 : 20:28:18
GET FIGHTING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE CROSBY
Novie Posted - 01/10/2007 : 12:10:22
Here's one for you...

Briere is breaking down the wing with Heatley half-a-stride behind. Heatley pokes at the puck with his stick (completely under control). Briere reaches down, LIFTS Heatley's stick with his arm/hand, and gets hit in the face because of it.

Heatley, 2 min for HIgh Sticking

Does that mean that if I'm skating by somebody, I can reach out and push their stick so it's in front of me, and then fall over it, and he gets 2 for tripping?

Go Sens
admin Posted - 01/10/2007 : 10:48:21
Unfortunately its not the ref, but the refs which need to be more consistent. With two refs on the ice its nearly impossible for the players to know what will and what will not be called.

And yes I am sick of the weak calls. The crackdown on obstruction seemed like a good idea but I am afraid it has done more harm than good to our beloved game.
bablaboushka Posted - 01/10/2007 : 10:33:25
Oh ok in that sense, I won't disagree.
Beans15 Posted - 01/10/2007 : 08:54:12
Bab's, I don't think you are wrong. What I mean by consistant is that the ref is calling it the same way for both teams in that game. I do see that some refs let some of it go and other call every one. So game to game it is a little different. But in that specific game it is called the same for both teams. My point is that there is no advantage to either team in that game.
bablaboushka Posted - 01/10/2007 : 07:37:26
Well see Beans that's where I disagree with you, the refs are not being consistent. I don't disagree with the calls being made but the consistency is not there. Some refs are still reluctant to make calls late in the game but other aren't and I think that's why teams are so frustrated. I don't think they'd mind the calls being made late in the game, as long as they were being called both ways every game.
Beans15 Posted - 01/09/2007 : 22:45:35
I don't disagree that is is a weak call from what we all are used to. I can say, with a certain amount of confidence, that the calls are being made consistantly. If a team doesn't want a penalty, don't use the stick on the body.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page