Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 2010 NHL Award Predictions

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rambo2305 Posted - 06/21/2010 : 07:00:11
With the awards on tap for Wednesday, who do you think will be taking home the hardware?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 06/24/2010 : 07:34:02
Slozo, it's funny cuz when Marcus Naslund won the Pearson/Lindsay award back in '03 (i think that was the year?), many around here were choked he didn't win the Hart and said the other was just a small consolation. I never looked at it that way. The Hart seems to get the most hype but look who votes on it, the same media / hockey writers we often find ourselves criticizing for their opinions!!! How ironic is that!

I've never thought of your suggestion of other awards voted on by the players. I think it'd be neat to see but at the same time, it could confuse things with the other awards much like the Hart vs Lindsay is now imo. In a perfect world, both would end up going to the same guy, which of course does happen often, but not this season.
n/a Posted - 06/24/2010 : 07:10:32
Agreed 100% Alex - I have to think that as a player, the more meaningful award is the one voted on by your peers, for sure. I do think it is a shame that the Ted Lindsay award seems to be only for forwards . . . would be nice if there was a "Bobby Orr" award or something like that, maybe a "Patty Roy" award for the goalies, with the same thing - voted on by peers.

But yeah, in terms of actual value to their team . . . I don't know if Washington even falls down two places in the regular season Eastern Conference standings. Without Crosby, I would doubt the Pens make the playoffs altogether, while Vancouver may have had to scratch and claw to get in.

But if really voting for a true "mvp", as stated before, it would really have to be a top goalie on a middling team. Bryzgalov, Miller, Anderson, Howard this year all propelled their teams to the playoffs, and without them, they are all out.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 06/24/2010 : 00:22:49
I was a little surprised Henrik got the nod as i really thought Crosby would get it but i think you could make an argument for all three nominees. Hart's a funny thing being that it's supposed to be the "most valuable to his team" but it's often given to the guy who had the best year. It's also recognized as the "top" award (individual) in hockey but really the Lindsay to me would mean as much or more. When your peers are selecting you, that should mean a lot to any player! You have to think there's a ton of guys around the league who don't like Ovechkin so much but he still won it! Show's there's some serious respect for his talent!!! Still, i'm shocked Crosby got neither!!!
n/a Posted - 06/23/2010 : 19:53:24
I thought Crosby should have gotten it, but really, not a bad choice with Henrik.

Myers really deserved the Calder, he earned it, glad they got this right for a change.

We all knew Keith would get the Norris, anticlimactic.

These are the only 3 indivdual trophies I really care about.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
ryan93 Posted - 06/23/2010 : 18:23:31
I'm glad it wasn't Ovechkin too, and for what it's worth i think Crosby deserved it...but yeah it's kinda nice to see Henrik get it.
Leafs81 Posted - 06/23/2010 : 18:12:49
I thought Ovechkin was the last choice of the three. Crosby gets Rocket Richards, Sedin got the Art Ross. And Ovechkin got suspended twice.

I was surprised Crosby didn't win because I thought he really carried the team from having a Stanley Cup hang over this year. It seems like he was the only one who really wanted to repeat and he had a great season. Malkin didn't have as strong of a season. He was only 3 points behind Sedin but he lead the league in goals (tied with Stamkos).

Anyway it was nice to see Sedin get it, I'm just glad it wasn't Ovie for the reasons I named above.
ryan93 Posted - 06/23/2010 : 18:04:14
I have to admit, i was surprised Sedin won the Hart, i thought Ovechkin probably would.
Guest6013 Posted - 06/23/2010 : 17:14:36
myers wins calder
Alex116 Posted - 06/22/2010 : 00:35:49
Hart - Crosby
Lindsay - Sedin
Norris - Keith
Calder - Myers
Byng - B. Richards
Selke - Datsyuk
Leafs81 Posted - 06/21/2010 : 14:18:02
Hart - Sidney Crosby
Norris - Duncan Keith
Vezina - Ryan Miller
Calder - Tyler Myers
Sensfan101 Posted - 06/21/2010 : 13:04:19
Hart - Ovechkin

Ted Lindsay - Ovechkin

Norris - Kieth

Calder - Myers

Lady Bing - Datsyuk

Selke - Datsyuk

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Guest6013 Posted - 06/21/2010 : 07:28:39
Hart Trophy: Alex Ovechkin (Washington Capitals)

Ted Lindsay Award: Henrik Sedin (Vancouver Canucks)

Vezina Trophy: Ryan Miller(buffalo sabres)

Norris Trophy: Duncan Keith (Chicago Blackhawks)

Calder Trophy: Tyler Myers(buffalo sabres)

Lady Byng Trophy: Pavel Datsyuk(detroit redwings)

Selke Award: Ryan Kessler (Vancouver Canucks)

Rambo2305 Posted - 06/21/2010 : 07:05:35
Hart Trophy: Alex Ovechkin (Washington Capitals)

Ted Lindsay Award: Henrik Sedin (Vancouver Canucks)

Vezina Trophy: Martin Brodeur (New Jersey Devils)

Norris Trophy: Duncan Keith (Chicago Blackhawks)

Calder Trophy: Jimmy Howard (Detroit Red Wings)

Lady Byng Trophy: Brad Richards (Dallas Stars)

Selke Award: Ryan Kessler (Vancouver Canucks)

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page