Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Who won the 2009-2010 NHL Draft?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
irvine Posted - 06/25/2010 : 22:44:26
Who in your mind, won this years 2009-2010 NHL Entry Draft?

(Overall -- not based solely on who received the #1 pick!)

Irvine/prez.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 06/29/2010 : 11:54:17
Anaheim anyone Emerson Etem ranked 17th get him at 29.Cam Fowler ranked 4th get him at 12.They didnt win but they did pretty good.Unlike the Sharks who get someone I never heard of.

GO SHARKS GO
Alex116 Posted - 06/28/2010 : 08:13:44
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Whoever got the best player won the draft that year . . . and if anyone below pick #1 and #2 gets a player that goes on to better than both Hall and Seguin, then they would be the winner for sure.

Check back in 5 years.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Like trades, it's always easier to "check back in 5 years" but my idea of a team winning a draft is which team did the best with the picks they had. In this case, it's hard to argue against that team being Anaheim. One could say Florida if for no other reason than the number of high picks they got but to simply say the team who in 5 years has the best player is kinda boring, no?
n/a Posted - 06/28/2010 : 08:08:17
Whoever got the best player won the draft that year . . . and if anyone below pick #1 and #2 gets a player that goes on to better than both Hall and Seguin, then they would be the winner for sure.

Check back in 5 years.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 06/26/2010 : 23:24:27
I have to agree with those saying Anaheim! Fowler and Etem were both picked much lower than they were projected!
Deaner Posted - 06/26/2010 : 15:39:08
i would say florida and the ducks had the best take home last night. obviously edm and bos both got solid players as well.
Canucks Man Posted - 06/26/2010 : 10:41:41
quote:
Originally posted by redneck76ca

quote:
Originally posted by irvine

Of course, Boston & Edmonton with #1/#2 got the two best players going.

But, overall I like what Florida did. In the first round alone, Florida picked up (D) Erik Gudbranson, (C) Nick Bjugstad & (LW) Quinton Howden.

Gudbranson was the top Defensemen in the draft... and they managed to add two forwards who should develop nicely, if given the proper chance. They also have many other selections in this years draft, including a few 2nd round selections (if i recall correctly.)

Irvine/prez.

They have 5 in the top 50, and 8 in the top 100. Good moves by Tallon. Its too bad he doesn't get his name on the Cup this year, as it was the team that he built that won the Cup (+Hossa).

He actually signed Hossa as well.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Guest9258 Posted - 06/26/2010 : 10:28:06
I like what Boston did. If you look at the Offence they added Seguin and Horton, seems to me thay are well on their way back to the level they were at before Kessel got traded.

I will admit that they have a log jam at the center position but I am sure that it will work itself out with trades in the future.
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 06/26/2010 : 09:46:03
I gotta tip my Hat to Anaheim on this one. Scoring Fowler 12th (really? 12?) overall was a huge steal for them. Massive. I though he was gone top 5 for sure.

Florida is going to come out of this draft with a bright future as well, but that shouldn't really be surprising anyone, they made some great and timely trades.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Sensfan101 Posted - 06/26/2010 : 05:54:06
Easily Aneheim they got two players Fowler and Etem way lower than they were ranked.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
redneck76ca Posted - 06/26/2010 : 02:39:44
quote:
Originally posted by irvine

But, overall I like what Florida did. In the first round alone, Florida picked up (D) Erik Gudbranson, (C) Nick Bjugstad & (LW) Quinton Howden.

Gudbranson was the top Defensemen in the draft... and they managed to add two forwards who should develop nicely, if given the proper chance. They also have many other selections in this years draft, including a few 2nd round selections (if i recall correctly.)

Irvine/prez.

They have 5 in the top 50, and 8 in the top 100. Good moves by Tallon. Its too bad he doesn't get his name on the Cup this year, as it was the team that he built that won the Cup (+Hossa).
irvine Posted - 06/25/2010 : 22:48:31

Irvine/prez.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page