Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 George Laraque challenge

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 07/04/2010 : 14:34:01
Yesterday the 3rd of july i had the privilage to participate in a pick uo game organized by George Laraque to promote his company which makes synthetic ice. So here i am in full ice hockey goalie gear on a sythetic rink on a beach just north of Montreal playing a 2 on 2 hockey with big George calling the game, (he eventually lost to my team in the finals btw) all i can say it is likley that Big georges NHL career is over and though i have never been a huge fan of him as a player, what a class act i would have gone nuts if 1000s of people who have bashed me since i came to montreal spent their whole day asking me questions and to take a picture with them,, honestly a great guy always smilling jokeing around it was like playing pickup hockey with a 6 ft 2 260lbs friend hahah,, when we played the final game my buddy who is all of 5ft 6 told laraque to keep his head up and Laraque laughed and said ``full contact` my buddy spent the whole game trying to hit big Georges it was hilarious, all in all we got lots of pics from the game Georges told me he would have them on his website and the sunthetic ice website when i see them i`ll be sure to share, all in all a great hockey expirence, (except george kept takeing my beer from me and handing me a water bottle)

Pasty
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4776 Posted - 07/06/2010 : 14:57:05
very very cool story, maybe hell find a job in the nhl somewhere really hope****** he does cuz ive always repsetced him, dont c why ppl havent
leigh Posted - 07/06/2010 : 14:49:51
Great tale Pasty!

To me Laraque has always come across as a classy guy. While many disagree with his fighting style (staged fights) I've always thought it was good because he generally only went after the other tough guys. His interview personality is great too, he's always honest and respectful. Sounds like that's his real personality to me.
freddyboy Posted - 07/05/2010 : 15:49:40
dude you must have died of heat in there. it was like super warm near mont tremblant (were i was at my chalet, doing some wakeboard and boating time) i mean in a goalie gear!!! damm.

i wish i was there maybe your team would have lost to mine hehe ;)

but that's cool stuff, i saw george laraque at fuzzy laval once (i know lame) but he was a cool guy with the people there

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Pasty7 Posted - 07/05/2010 : 13:04:21
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Beans15[/i]
[br]Great Story. Sounds very typical of the Georges that us Edmontonians learned to love as well. Might not be Ace's on the ice but there is no one more involved in the community in the NHL than Big Georges. He never said no to anyone, charity or otherwise, for an appearance. In fact, there were often times after he left Edmonton where he would front his own dime to come back and get involved with anything he was asked to be involved in.

Tough guy, class act, super funny, great personality. If his career is in fact over, the NHL would be doing themselves a huge service to get this guy on the payroll as an embassador to the game of hockey. Few could do it better.

i actually asked him about offers and he said to me he had had 3 offcial offers but all for the league minimum, but you are 100% right he would do very well as a embassador too the game and as a promoter,, i have been checking the super glide synthetic ice site regularly for the pics of this even and their are all sorts of events similar in all sorts of countries ranging from Germany to south Africa to Guatamala,, beleieve it or not he is doing a lot to promote our game all over the world

Pasty
Beans15 Posted - 07/05/2010 : 09:01:06
Great Story. Sounds very typical of the Georges that us Edmontonians learned to love as well. Might not be Ace's on the ice but there is no one more involved in the community in the NHL than Big Georges. He never said no to anyone, charity or otherwise, for an appearance. In fact, there were often times after he left Edmonton where he would front his own dime to come back and get involved with anything he was asked to be involved in.

Tough guy, class act, super funny, great personality. If his career is in fact over, the NHL would be doing themselves a huge service to get this guy on the payroll as an embassador to the game of hockey. Few could do it better.
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 07/05/2010 : 08:40:30
Souds cool

Hope you had a great time Pasty.

GO SHARKS GO
n/a Posted - 07/05/2010 : 07:32:41
Great story, and thanks for sharing it with us.

Yeah, ever since I read the article Georges Laraque wrote on why he doesn't actually endorse fighting as being part of the game . . . I have had a lot of respect for him. And since then, lots of stories about him being such a nice, happy-go-lucky kind of guy, sounds like a real class act to boot.

Wish there were more like him around.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
irvine Posted - 07/04/2010 : 17:30:55
I've always been a fan of Georges Laraque, personally.

He may not be the most skilled guy on the ice, but he does his job well out there. He's there to be a fighter, and he does as best as anyone. He's one of the toughest in the NHL, bar none.

I always love his attitude. You can tell he's a guy who just loves the game of hockey and life it self. He's always smiling, always happy.

Seems like an easy going guy, a real fun guy to be around.

Hope you had a blast Pasty!

Irvine/prez.
Guest4776 Posted - 07/04/2010 : 17:27:25
cool story bro
Alex116 Posted - 07/04/2010 : 17:24:42

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Pasty7[/i]
(except george kept takeing my beer from me and handing me a water bottle)

Pasty

What an a--hole!

Sounds like a good time Pasty!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page