Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Worst playoff format in pro hockey

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 07/17/2010 : 17:18:05
Last season the Central Hockey League consisted of 15 teams 10 of which qualified for the playoffs. This year the Central league has merged with the IHL to form a league of 18 teams. The playoff format will have 16 of them in the playoffs. This pretty much boils the regullar season down to 66 games of practice for the playoffs. And I thought it was a bit overboard that over half of the NHL made the playoffs.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 08/23/2010 : 17:17:34
That's pretty funny to look at....Memphis loses in round 1, then goes on to win in round 2! Pretty weird!
99pickles Posted - 08/21/2010 : 10:32:30
Here it is, from the 2007 Central League playoffs:

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/playoffbracket.html?leagueid=12&seasonid=1744

It appears that the "loser" of the 3 seed vs. 4 seed match-up in each conference got to advance to the next round and face the #1 seed.

Strangest set-up ever.
99pickles Posted - 08/21/2010 : 10:25:21
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by 99pickles

Wow...horrible format!

Two playoffs ago The CHL had the best-performing 1st round (or was it 2nd rd?) loser advancing to the next round in order to make it an even number again. So basically it was a playoff mulligan!
This time they've outdone themselves!

Are you serious? How in the hell did they decide who the "best performing" team was??? That's the first i've heard of that and it is utterly laughable!

Insane, eh? I'll find a link...
Alex116 Posted - 08/09/2010 : 11:32:09
quote:
Originally posted by 99pickles

Wow...horrible format!

Two playoffs ago The CHL had the best-performing 1st round (or was it 2nd rd?) loser advancing to the next round in order to make it an even number again. So basically it was a playoff mulligan!

Are you serious? How in the hell did they decide who the "best performing" team was??? That's the first i've heard of that and it is utterly laughable!
99pickles Posted - 08/08/2010 : 14:37:16
Wow...horrible format!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page