Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Fantasy Draft

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nucks07 Posted - 09/01/2010 : 19:48:29
Since its almost fantasy draft time, I was wondering whats your top 10 picks other than the main 5 (ovechkin, crosby, henrik/daniel sedin, backstrom) and maybe acouple sleeper picks you might get in later rounds

Thanks
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 10/04/2010 : 08:52:25
1. Hall/Seguin battle?
I don't think either one will light it up, really.

2. Savard concussion rebound?
From the video I saw of Savard answering question in the Boston dressing room a week or two ago, it looks serious. Savard was pressed by a reporter on the exact symptoms he felt, asking which of the usual he was feeling: nausea, dizziness, temporary confusion, depression - and he answered truthfully that he had felt all of them. To me, this is months and months, not just weeks. It could even be a career ender.

3.Lecavalier redemption
I think it'll be a sideways remeption . . . in that, he'll do about the same as last year. I think his superstar years have passed us by.

4. Horton revival
Revival? He was already a solid young player, nothing to revive, really . . . but improve on, certainly, he'll get a good chance to do so. Me personally, I didn't jump on that bandwagon in my pools, as I think it may be just the slightest of increases . . . ESPECIALLY with Savard out now.

5. Kovalchuk put up or shu up
Agree with Beans here, there was no let down in New Jersey last year, and to me, that was amazing considering the totally different environment, new linemates, and completely different system. He actually impressed me during the playoffs . . . we'll see, but I think he may be in for a career year.

6. Price crash 'n' burn
Definite crash waiting to happen. Mouth watering at prospect (although I have no dislike for the kid, just for Montreal)

7. Washington learn anything last year?
We'll see when they play a solid defensive team in the playoffs, until then it's the Ovie and Backstrom show.

8.Anaheim big three Getz/Perry/Ryan
Un hunh . . . so?

9. Versteeg playing in the bubble
If you follow Toronto, you would know that all the talk in preseason has been about whether Kadri makes it or not, and how Phaneuf as captain and playing a full year for us will change things. Coming from a long playoff run in Chicago, I don't think the Toronto media will be such a huge leap for Versteeg to handle, and I think he'll be just fine.

10. Vancouver make or break?
Definitely, it's their time, and they have to be considered one of the top teams in contention for the cup. Again though, we'll have to wait for the playoffs to see.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
ToXXiK1 Posted - 09/13/2010 : 07:13:25
I'd like nothing better than to see Seguin do one more year in the minors, but I don't think it'll happen. Bruin's need scoring from the wing and with Sturm out they'll make him a winger.
What I meant about Kovalchuck is, for the $ he got, it'll be expected that he play more than a 1 dimensional game that he played in Atlanta. I agree he played well in the playoffs, it's the regular season where he booked alot of nights off in Atlanta.

Can't see the forest for the trees? BUY A CHAINSAW !!
Beans15 Posted - 09/13/2010 : 06:07:15
What does Kovalchuk have to prove??? Put up or shut up?? He does put up: 40+ goals every year. Even with just 27 reg season games in NJ he produced a PPG and was also NJ's best player in the one series they played. He doesn't have to do anything above what he has always done.

I also think you will be waiting at least one more season for the Hall/Seguin battle. With Savard, Bergeron, and Krejci as very well established NHL centres, the only space left for Seguin is the 4th line role. I would think he will develop much faster playing more minutes in Juniors. One has to remember that Seguin has one fewer Junior season that Hall. It's also not a shoe in that Hall is and NHL player this season. Because Edmonton is so bad it is more likely, however it's not a sure thing.

ToXXiK1 Posted - 09/13/2010 : 05:58:26
1. Looking forward to the Hall / Seguin battle
2. Savard concussion rebound?
3. Lecavalier redemption?
4. Horton revival?
5. Kovalchuck put up or shut up?
6. Price crash n' burn?
7. Washington learn anything last year?
8. Anaheim big 3 Getz / Perry / Ryan
9. Versteeg playing in the bubble
10. Vancouver make or break?

Can't see the forest for the trees? BUY A CHAINSAW !!

[Moderator Edit - Please refrain from using profanity. Using symbols in place of some letters in a curse word is also not cool. Thanks]
Beans15 Posted - 09/03/2010 : 20:02:52
quote:
Originally posted by phlyguy90

no love for claude giroux or anti anisimov?

The question is top 10-15, not top 30 or top 60 in Anisimov's case. (I believe this name is Artem, not Anti.)

Giroux has a wicked playoffs pointw-wise, but he has had just 27 and 47 points in his first 2 NHL seasons. Far from top 15.
As far as Anisimov goes, again 28 points in not a top 15 player.

So yes, to answer your question, absolutely no love for either player to be top 10 - 15.
phlyguy90 Posted - 09/03/2010 : 12:32:13
no love for claude giroux or anti anisimov?
Guest7924 Posted - 09/03/2010 : 09:45:34
Other than some of the names already being tossed around...

1.Marian Gaborik. Played 76 games last year which in encouraging. Still the health risks are always there. 90+ Points if healthy.

2. Pavel Datsyuk - With the return of Jiri Hudler and the emergance of Johan Franzen and Valterri Filppula and conssitant point producers the Red Wings look to return to dominace.

Rick Nash - No more Hitchcock hopefully equals a more offensive minded approach this season. This will benefit not only Nash but younger offensively talent guys like Brassard, Vorachek and even Filatov.

As for a sleeper pick I think Columus' Jakub Vorachek is going to have a coming out year. Uber talented Czech.
Nucks07 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 18:18:56
Ya I was thinking about John Tavares and sometimes I try anf get players that had a injury last year and didnt play many games like M. Hossa who had 51 points in 57 games or j. Franzen who had 21 points in 27 games. But I guess its risky cause they might get injured again

my next ten would be

1) Evgeni Malkin- I think he's back to a 100 point season next year (if healthy)
2) Steven Stamkos- how could you not take him
3) Alexander Semin- Wash. is always at the top for team scoring
4) Martin St. Louis- He'll assist on all of Stamkos's goals
5) Kovalchuk/Parise- If kovy signs with NJ they'll put up some numbers, another sleeper people might forget about is Elias since he had a injury last year.
6) The SJ big 3- Heatly/Thornton/Marleau
7) Ryan Getzlaf/Corey Perry- They'll both get more points if Getzlaf stay healthy
8) Brad Richards/M. Gaborik- had really good years last year but I never know with Gaborik he seems to always be injured
9) Anze Kopitar- I think if Ryan Smyth stays healthy he'll have more points this year
10) D. Alfredsson/J. Spezza- Both will get more points this year with Gonchar on there power play
polishexpress Posted - 09/02/2010 : 13:38:35
If you are looking for sleepers, I think John Tavares. 54pts for a rookie year is none-too shabby, and he can only improve, especially with his slow start last year. Some may overlook him, since he plays on a weak Islanders team, but he'll get plenty of PP time, and tons of 1st line, or at least 2nd line time.

Fellow Islander Kyle Okposo was also in the 50pts range, and has improved over the two years from 39pts in 65games in 08/09 to 52pts in 80 games. Playing on the same team, if not the same line as an improving JT will no doubt up his stats. Those two are my sleepers.

Other than that, my top 10 behind Ovechkin, Crosby, Sedins, and Backstrom are:

1. Steven Stamkos- can't ignore his skill level, but careful, nearly half of his points were on the PP, a league leading 41(teammate St. Louis had 94pts(40on PP) so if they lose chemistry, or St. Louis gets injured, production will drop significantly)

2.Ryan Getzlaf- with an injury free year, he could easily match his 08/09 record of 91pts, playing with Corey Perry, and (maybe) Bobby Ryan. In 09/10, scored 69pts in 66games, so even through injury was better than a point per game

3.Eric Staal- same as Getzlaf, could easily reach 100pts with a campaign free of ailments. Doesn't have as much support as Getzlaf

5-7 Any of Heatley/Marleau/Thornton - never ignore these guys during the regular season, but be wary come playoffs!

8. Patrick Kane- my issue: Stanley Cup Hangover, literally

9. Semin or Richards- Semin plays for Washington, but is injury prone and accused of lack of effort, while Brad Richards comes off playing his first full season since 06/07.

10a. Daniel Alfredsson - always a pt per game player, but aging, so playing a full season may not be likely, but having a healthy Spezza to centre his line for the whole season will definitely improve his stats.

10b. Martin St. Louis - plays with Stamkos...
Alex116 Posted - 09/01/2010 : 23:14:43
I'd think you'd have to have Malkin in there and hope he plays a full season?

Other's to watch for would be other guys who like Malkin maybe didn't play a full sched (cough, cough, ahem, Getzlaf)?

My sleeper, who really is hardly a sleep but a guy who i could see sneaking into the top ten would be Z. Parise, especially if they get the Kovalchuk deal done?

Also, things could be very different if it's a keeper league???

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page