Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 What NHL team would you play for?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
semin-rules Posted - 01/22/2007 : 06:10:13
If you could play on any NHL team, who would you play for and why?

I would play for the Dallas Stars obviosly because there my favourite team

Or i would play for the Colorado Avalanche. because i would want to play with sakic and milan hejduk and i like the state of Colorado

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
-oil-country- Posted - 02/12/2007 : 20:01:21
quote:
Originally posted by welfareposse

Buffalo can stay in first place til the playoffs start for all it matters. All Anaheim has to do is make it there(which they will). Its like a whole new season once playoffs start. The number one ranked team heading into the playoffs rarely.....very rarely wins the cup.

If you're not first, you're last...

Perfect example Edmonton vs. Detroit (lol i had to bring it up)
too bad we came one game short.....so close yet so far.
Mikhailova Posted - 02/12/2007 : 14:17:36
LOL yah, if they didn't I'd wonder about them, lol
semin-rules Posted - 02/12/2007 : 13:51:42
I think everyone knows who would play for...

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Mikhailova Posted - 02/12/2007 : 13:30:42
Well Anaheim, if you're not first, you're last

It was rather ironic to end a post like that with your signature, lol
welfareposse Posted - 02/12/2007 : 13:09:35
Buffalo can stay in first place til the playoffs start for all it matters. All Anaheim has to do is make it there(which they will). Its like a whole new season once playoffs start. The number one ranked team heading into the playoffs rarely.....very rarely wins the cup.

Mikhailova Posted - 02/12/2007 : 11:52:39
quote:
Originally posted by welfareposse

ducks- cuz they're gunna win they cup this year

Uh-huh...we'll see about that. Especially since Buffalo sits in first place in the league with the Ducks trailing by 6 points
welfareposse Posted - 02/12/2007 : 11:18:54
Id like to play for a) Phoenix - why? coached by gretzky, and the team sucks so i'd get lots of ice time haha.
b) ducks- cuz they're gunna win they cup this year and i've always wanted the cup.
c) rangers - Think playing with jagr would be awesome.

Saku Steen Posted - 02/12/2007 : 09:51:56
I would play for Montreal because they are my favourite team and being led by Saku Koivu would be amazing.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 01/24/2007 : 18:42:41
I think i would play for Nucks or Pens because of my 2 favorite players Markus Naslund and you guys should know
Beans15 Posted - 01/24/2007 : 14:35:17
I hear your point Babs, but that was last year. It's like saying Sid the Kid was a whiner. He was last year but matured this year.

You got your opinion and I respect it. I know you have a dislike for the Oilers, but you have never disrespected them.

bablaboushka Posted - 01/24/2007 : 07:40:18
Well you guys can watch plenty of Oilers games and I know you'll defend him to the death like I would a Sharks player and that's why I won't get too deep into this.

I had made these comments before on this site. During the playoffs last year against the Sharks, almost every time the camera was focused on Stoll, he was complaining about something. Either when he was getting kicked out of a faceoff, or being given a penalty or even a petty little offside, he was there spoutin' his mouth off at the officials. Even when his teammates got penalties, he was there whining about something. Look at a guy like Marleau, he's so composed on the ice and he hardly ever starts shouting at the ref for having made a bad call. Even the other night when he was given a horrible penalty (I won't get into details), he calmly pleaded his case, obviously lost the argument and calmly went and sat down in the box.

Stoll isn't the only one who acts this way, but he did this stuff so often last year during the playoffs that I got sick of watching him. Call it IHC syndrome or whatever, but I just have no respect for him.

By the way I never doubted his faceoff skills, nor did I say anything against the Oilers.

Back to the topic...
lyall Posted - 01/24/2007 : 07:31:17
Yeah, I don't think Stoll complains ever. I think you meant to say "Stoll is the best faceoff winner in the NHL"

I think you're just looking for stupid reasons to dislike the Oilers.
Beans15 Posted - 01/23/2007 : 21:45:04
I gotta disagree Babs. I think you have not seen the number of Oil games that I have, but he plays with a lot of heart and a lot of grit. He is not a cheap player and doesn't complain much at all. I am really not sure where you are getting your opinion from.
bablaboushka Posted - 01/23/2007 : 19:35:22
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8888

Why the hate for Stoll Babs?

Stoll is the biggest whiner in the NHL, he is a disgrace to the overall class of players in the NHL.
Just-in-time Posted - 01/23/2007 : 16:09:46
It would be awesome to play on a team with martin brodeur, but even better to play with a NHL'er like Teemu.

Go Jets Go
leafsfan_101 Posted - 01/23/2007 : 15:41:27
I would play in Toronto. My name kinda gives it away that I'm a Leafs Fan, but it would be cool to play for a team with a storied history and packed building every night. This would be bad if I played like Antropov though.

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
Guest8888 Posted - 01/23/2007 : 15:34:05
Why the hate for Stoll Babs?
KariyaSelanne Posted - 01/23/2007 : 14:46:53
Pretty crazy story there, Babs. Ya, where is the Chezk Republic?

Go Preds Go!!!
Mikhailova Posted - 01/23/2007 : 11:47:19
quote:
Originally posted by the hockey guy

i know this is hard to believe but i have met hossa. It was on a plane to the Chezk Rep. and i saw him 5 rows back from me. I will try and find the picture to prove it to you guys. It was one of the best days of my life!

Where's the Chezk Republic? I've heard of the Czech Republic...

Anyway, that's really cool that you got to meet Hossa! That would be sweet.
Canucks Man Posted - 01/22/2007 : 22:21:46
I would love to play for the Canucks, and to be on a line with the Sedins that would be amazing. Set me up where they put linden on the power play.
bablaboushka Posted - 01/22/2007 : 20:13:50
I would give anything and everything I own to play just one game with the Sharks. I'd play RW beside Thornton and Marleau on the first line, EV and on the PP. It would be an unrealistic dream come true. Getting the nice cross-ice feed from Thornton for a one-timer past Kiprusoff, or sending Patty on a clear-cut breakaway against Edmonton with my beautiful breakout passes (I was actually a very good passer when I played, probably the strongest part of my game). Of course he would fake Roloson out with a fake-forehand, backhand shot where his mom keeps the cookies. While he was skating down the ice, I would slash at the back of Stoll's knees for being such a p**** and a disgrace to hockey. I would then skate over to the boards and imitate Andrew Peters's fine impression of a golfer, then leave Rexall Place or the Saddledome (whichever suits you best) with a huge grin on my face, knowing that I won at life.
-oil-country- Posted - 01/22/2007 : 19:59:34
quote:
Originally posted by the hockey guy

i know this is hard to believe but i have met hossa. It was on a plane to the Chezk Rep. and i saw him 5 rows back from me. I will try and find the picture to prove it to you guys. It was one of the best days of my life!

that's pretty cool but you were ahead of Hossa, were you in first class? cause i can't see a hockey player sitting in normal seating.
the hockey guy Posted - 01/22/2007 : 18:10:32
-oil-country- Posted - 01/22/2007 : 16:27:11
i would either play for Atlanta,Washington or Edmonton because Atlanta is a good team and has 2 of my favorite players (Kovalchuk and Hossa) and i like Kari Lehtonen. I would play for Washington because of Semin and Ovechkin. Or i would play for the Oilers because there my home town and Hemsky and Smitty rule!
Beans15 Posted - 01/22/2007 : 16:00:57
Pronger on the long list of players who decide who they play for. In my opinion, it started with Lindros refusing to play for Quebec. Pronger is a traitor. Not because I am an Oiler fan, but because he handled it like a true meatball. It's not like he called a press conference and said that it wasn't the team or the fans or the city, it was that his family was not comfortable here. Instead, he got his Agent to say that he demanded a trade and left to Carribean for a holiday. He didn't handle it like a Pro, and that is what the biggest problem in him leaving Edmonton was. If he was a real Pro, why would he leave a team that just went to game 7 of the Stanley Cup final??

By the way, I would play for Washington. The chance to play with Ovi and help build a franchise into a winner. That would be a blast!
KariyaSelanne Posted - 01/22/2007 : 15:17:19
Pronger isn't a traitor he had "personal issues" to move.

Go Preds Go!!!
devilsjetsfan Posted - 01/22/2007 : 14:32:02
quote:

i would be playing with guys like Selanne, Pronger and Niedermayer.

Pronger=traitor

Go Devils Go
devilsjetsfan Posted - 01/22/2007 : 14:29:48
i would play for the new jersey devils, not just cause there my favorite team but because i could play with brodeur , the best golie ever!

Go Devils Go
KariyaSelanne Posted - 01/22/2007 : 14:28:17
I would probably want to play for Anaheim because one: they were my favorite team when i was little and two: i would be playing with guys like Selanne, Pronger and Niedermayer.

Go Preds Go!!!
Mikhailova Posted - 01/22/2007 : 09:47:19
I would play for the Buffalo Sabres. One, because they're my favorite team, and two, because I'd like to play alongside Afinogenov, Drury, and Briere. It'd also be cool to play for the Penguins to play with Crosby and Malkin. Or the Caps, because of Ovechkin and because they're my local team.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page