Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Steen tries to pull a Crosby!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
semin-rules Posted - 01/23/2007 : 17:54:29
in the first period of the rookie game Alex Steen is behind the net and tries to put the puck on his stick and wrap it around to score
he made a fool of himself doing it because it fell off but i deserves respect for trying

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leafsfan_101 Posted - 01/27/2007 : 15:03:31
quote:
Originally posted by devilsjetsfan

does any know if the steen goal is on the internet?

Go Devils Go

No I don't think it is. He missed so I doubt it would be.

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
devilsjetsfan Posted - 01/27/2007 : 13:18:06
does any know if the steen goal is on the internet?

Go Devils Go
Saku Steen Posted - 01/25/2007 : 10:20:53
Sorry bab. Missed that you said that.
Saku Steen Posted - 01/25/2007 : 10:19:18
To bad it didnt work Also when he was on a breakaway he flipped it up and batted it out of the air. This also didnt work! At least he tried.
lyall Posted - 01/24/2007 : 21:33:59
I always thought the term for it was "lacrosse style". I've seen all those videos before, but never heard of any of those names for the move.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 01/24/2007 : 19:10:53
That was a pretty good move
Beans15 Posted - 01/24/2007 : 14:47:45
It was Michigan.

And if you think that move was cool, check out this link to Robbie Schremp. He tried this move in the annual Oilers against University of Alberta exhibition game last fall. Pretty awesome although it looks like it would be called a high stick. And the clip at the end, Tiger does that with a wedge, Schremp is using a driver. It's pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6anJc6c_dX8
Mikhailova Posted - 01/24/2007 : 14:42:11
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Don't call that "the crosby".......a player for michigan state pulled that move first

Hey I got into Michigan State, LOL

Btw, if he was a Wolverine then he went to the University of Michigan, not Michigan State. MSU's mascot is a Trojan.
semin-rules Posted - 01/24/2007 : 13:46:21
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Don't call that "the crosby".......a player for michigan state pulled that move first....I remember guys trying it back when I played, and we always called it the "michigan state" move...not the "bitching plagarist" move.

I HATE CROSBY

ok sorry everyone i didnt know

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
bablaboushka Posted - 01/23/2007 : 20:06:21
Kudos to Alex Steen for tying to do some cool stuff at the game, he even tried to flick the puck up and bat it in, thank god someone made it interesting...

IHC is right, it is Mike Legg's move. He was a Michigan Wolverine at the time and is the first known player to do this on video anyways. Crosby merely imitated it but of course many think it is his move because of all the exposure he gets. I coach Atom and they all thought it was Crosby's move until I explained to them that it wasn't him that invented it. Now to avoid confusion, I just call it the scoop move cause essentially that's all it is.

Here's the video of the first time it was done by Mike Legg: http://youtube.com/watch?v=mzsOkwHYBno

Check this out, in minor hockey too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydt-OFoybA0&mode=related&search=
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/23/2007 : 19:31:52
Don't call that "the crosby".......a player for michigan state pulled that move first....I remember guys trying it back when I played, and we always called it the "michigan state" move...not the "bitching plagarist" move.

I HATE CROSBY
the hockey guy Posted - 01/23/2007 : 18:01:46
When was that game and what time is the all star game at?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page