Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Conroy - Will he turn it around?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4665 Posted - 02/08/2007 : 16:22:23
I was wondering what your thoughts are on conroy, weather you think hes going to turn his season around with the flames. or could the same thing happen to him and the flames like what happend to the oilers and nedved
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leigh Posted - 02/09/2007 : 12:00:24
I think 4195 has it about right. The Flames are doing well. "kicking ass" might be an exageration but they are winning fairly consistently 5-2-3 in the last 10 (everybody loses a couple) Conroy was a good deal but they didn't give up a "back of pucks", they gave up a good young centermen who was averaging almost 60% when he was traded and only cost $600,000/year. He'll have a good future on the right team. So far Conroy has been better than solid. Yes, we'll see how it goes but that's what we say with all NHL players so the point is irrelevant. Like 4195 said, Conroy is a role player who adds some decent depth.

Now if the Flames could win on the road they would be unstoppable, but then again every team in the Northwest has s***ty road records.
Canucks Man Posted - 02/09/2007 : 08:31:07
Im tired of everybody talking about how Conroy got 3 goals in 1 game, hes amazing, well the fact is any given player can score 2 or 3 or even 4 goals on any given night, u dont have to be a superstar to do it

CANUCKS RULE!!
Beans15 Posted - 02/09/2007 : 05:37:19
Or that he's a crap player. I agree that the deal was right. Calgary basically got him for a bag of pucks.

And to the person who said the Flames are kicking ass. Losing back to back games against Chicago and Columbus is far from kicking ass. There are only two teams in the league with the same or fewer road wins than the Flames. Even Philadelphia has more wins on the road tihs year than the Flames! They are good at home and they will make the playoffs, but we all know that if you can't win on the road, you can't win Lord Stanley's Mug.
Guest4195 Posted - 02/09/2007 : 01:51:56
He's a decent player that adds some depth to the team. He's not touted as their superstar and I don't think anyone expects him to be one. They didn't have to give up anthing they coudn't afford to get him so the deal was good. The fact that we're even having a lengthy discussion about him is proof that you think he is a good player and deserves being talked about.
Guest4195 Posted - 02/09/2007 : 01:48:14
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

He has 2G, 2A in 4 games with the Flames. Sounds good right?

Other than Vancouver, here are the other three teams he's played against as a Flame:

-Los Angeles, league ranked 29th.
-Columbus, league ranked 28th.
-Chicago, league ranked 27th.

Get my drift? All four of those games were also at home. Tonight's game is another big matchup *rolls eyes* against Columbus... Let's look back in 20 games and see how well he's doing.

you're a whiner. It's not his fault the shcedule has him up against lower level teams. Lots of great players don't do well against lower teams. the fact of the matter is he is puting up points and he has good history with the Flames. Who are kicking ass by the way.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/08/2007 : 20:30:26
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

You should have heard the "If Kipper was in net" crap that was being said.

Probably a good thing I wasn't there... Someone would have gotten hurt and it probably would have been me.
Beans15 Posted - 02/08/2007 : 20:17:24
Conroy (and the rest of the Flames for that matter) did nothing against CBJ tonight. I watched the game in Calgary in a sports bar. Man was it great. Totally proved my point that the Flames fans are meatballs. You should have heard the "If Kipper was in net" crap that was being said. It was a fine moment to watch them leave the bar with their heads held low!

PS-To answer the question, Conroy does not make the Flames any better or worse.
-oil-country- Posted - 02/08/2007 : 17:35:32
Lol good points babs i didn't even realise they played them and the funny thing is they lost to 2 of those teams being Columbus and Chicago.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/08/2007 : 17:08:05
He has 2G, 2A in 4 games with the Flames. Sounds good right?

Other than Vancouver, here are the other three teams he's played against as a Flame:

-Los Angeles, league ranked 29th.
-Columbus, league ranked 28th.
-Chicago, league ranked 27th.

Get my drift? All four of those games were also at home. Tonight's game is another big matchup *rolls eyes* against Columbus... Let's look back in 20 games and see how well he's doing.
-oil-country- Posted - 02/08/2007 : 16:53:25
ya he has like a goal and 5 assists or something like that and it's not like the Oilers were expecting him to be the guy who makes them get to the playoffs or anything he was just a guy so that we can trade off a forward or two for a good D-man. Back to the topic....I do think Conroy will be a good fit on the Flames roster.
semin-rules Posted - 02/08/2007 : 16:39:18
Conroy has been a big help to the Flames in my opinion..
he is working well wiht Iginla and fitting right in

What do you mean "will something happen to the Oilers with Nedved?"
I think Nedved is doing alright in Edmonton..

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page