Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Ray Emery Suspended for 3 Games

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/12/2007 : 17:25:01
Gotta love Youtube. Here is why Emery is suspended. By the way, I posted Emery fighting earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_k4nIkW2Ck

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lyall Posted - 02/13/2007 : 16:12:33
That's a pretty butal play on Emry's part. 3 games os fair. Poor Sens though. Have to play with Gerber in net for 3 games.
admin Posted - 02/13/2007 : 15:38:29
quote:
Originally posted by framer87

quote:
Originally posted by admin

quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

Is he suspended form the NHL or the AHL for 3 games??

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

I dont get it?

Anyways, I think 3 games is more than fair. He said that he was disapointed because he "didn't mean to do it". I don't think he did mean to do it but that is absolutely no defence for his action that could have resulted in a career ending injury if the person on the receiving end was not wearing a visor. Emery should shut up and accept his punishment.

But Admin people in the NHL get "accidently" high sticked in the face all of the time so if you give him a three game suspension why not give all of those players three game suspensions? I think that he should of got suspended but maybe one or two games not three.

Go pens

You misread my statement. I never said it was accidental. Emery said that he didnt mean to do it. I think what he is saying is he didnt mean to get him in the face - because he definitely meant to slash at him. I dont think he meant to land the end of his stick across the guys face but he did and that is against the rules.

Let me restate my position. Although not quite as bad as the Mcsorely/Brashear slash to the head, the fact is that he slashed a guy in the head and 3 games for that is getting off easy.

This was no accidental high stick.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/13/2007 : 15:28:35
quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

I think if that was a player swinging his stick at another player the suspension would be a lot more. Just because he is a goalie he only got 3. Emery should have around 12 games.

No it was more then fair. I think beause he didn't hurt Lapierre his sentence was cut shorter.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Saku Steen Posted - 02/13/2007 : 15:05:37
I think if that was a player swinging his stick at another player the suspension would be a lot more. Just because he is a goalie he only got 3. Emery should have around 12 games.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/13/2007 : 14:48:09
I know you put accidental in " " but come on this was intent to injure. Not to the extent of a knee-on-knee or a check from behind or hit to the head, but Emery clearly used his stick to slash Lapierre in the head. That type of action is uncalled for. You're right, high-sticking does occur, but rarely are they intentional slashes as opposed to careless use of the stick (fore-swing, trying to lift a guy's stick, etc.).
framer87 Posted - 02/13/2007 : 14:28:45
quote:
Originally posted by admin

quote:

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

I dont get it?

Anyways, I think 3 games is more than fair. He said that he was disapointed because he "didn't mean to do it". I don't think he did mean to do it but that is absolutely no defence for his action that could have resulted in a career ending injury if the person on the receiving end was not wearing a visor. Emery should shut up and accept his punishment.

But Admin people in the NHL get "accidently" high sticked in the face all of the time so if you give him a three game suspension why not give all of those players three game suspensions? I think that he should of got suspended but maybe one or two games not three.

Go pens

admin Posted - 02/13/2007 : 10:27:16
quote:

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

I dont get it?

1 Crosby fan Posted - 02/12/2007 : 18:46:09
It was in the NHL
semin-rules Posted - 02/12/2007 : 17:35:39

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page