Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Worst player in league

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jbraiter Posted - 03/08/2007 : 20:20:53
Who do you think the worst player in the leauge is?
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Canucks Man Posted - 03/14/2007 : 08:08:57
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4114

Oh and about bertuzzi like its been said before he shouldnt even be close to being on this thread.Before all his troubles came he was one of the most complete power fowards in the game. That hasnt left him just his focus has.

I agree, and for those of you who think Bertuzzi had a bad last year, he had more points then Jarome Iginla, and I didnt hear many people complaining about him last year.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
jbraiter Posted - 03/14/2007 : 07:20:08
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4114

Oh im all good to go. Not too many could claim to be a bigger leafs fan than i am. It just bothers me antropov plays well for a bit and people get their hopes up and than he goes back into his hole like all leafs fans have seen all too often. It just frustrates me because its kind of like a mccabe situation all that talent and not one bit of effort. Effort goes a long way in the nhl just look at tucker.(Mccabe has been picking it up since the acc has been booing him in his defence)

guest i like your arguments you should make an account
Guest4114 Posted - 03/14/2007 : 07:19:27
Oh and about bertuzzi like its been said before he shouldnt even be close to being on this thread.Before all his troubles came he was one of the most complete power fowards in the game. That hasnt left him just his focus has.
Guest4114 Posted - 03/14/2007 : 07:17:32
Oh im all good to go. Not too many could claim to be a bigger leafs fan than i am. It just bothers me antropov plays well for a bit and people get their hopes up and than he goes back into his hole like all leafs fans have seen all too often. It just frustrates me because its kind of like a mccabe situation all that talent and not one bit of effort. Effort goes a long way in the nhl just look at tucker.(Mccabe has been picking it up since the acc has been booing him in his defence)
ED11 Posted - 03/13/2007 : 22:10:44
hahaha, ok fine leafsfan. Antropov has been doing a lot better this years then the previous years. I give him that!

I hope I'm back on your good side! haha.
Guest4114 Posted - 03/13/2007 : 21:45:52
Btw Ive watched all the games pretty much this year and antropov has a shot and hes big thats all he has. He may have a fair bit of talent as he has shown on some occasions but its the fact that he doesnt use it consistantly that makes him suck
Guest4114 Posted - 03/13/2007 : 21:41:17
Ya SOMETIMES antropov does all those things but its his inconsistancy that makes him the worst player. He trips over his feet constantly and hes an awkward player who like i said is useless. I dont think hes ever scored a shootout goal yet and he has had plenty of chances to. Also he is an untradeable player only cause no one else will take him do you need any more??
leafsfan_101 Posted - 03/13/2007 : 20:43:20
quote:
Originally posted by ED11

quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

Nik Antropov is far from the worst player in the league. He is also a force on the ice. He works for the puck well and isn't taking those stupid penalties. Some say he is only doing well because of Sundin. That isn't entirely true. Antropov is a solid checker aswell as scorer. He is far from the worst in the league. Get over yourselves.

I used to think like you Ed, but Antropov has played really well this year. He has adapted to the new NHL nicely and can score as well as dish out nice hits. He may be slow, but as Kashmire said, he works hard and fight for the puck, something most players fail to do. Im suprised this is coming from a Leafs fan too. Maybe you need to start watching more games because you obviously have not been watching this season.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!

I have been watching the games this year. And you are completely right. Antropov has definetly stepped it up this year. I have never liked him though. I never saw that potential in him that Quinn always talked about. This is just my opinion on the matter leafsfan. You gotta gimme that!

Ok agreed, but you can't say that someone is bad only because you dislike him. if he has played better, then give him the credit. I used to hate Antropov, and me and my uncle and cousin gave him some funny nicknames. But he has played decent this year, and to that I give him full, okay partial, credit(Sundin is on his line).

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Mikhailova Posted - 03/13/2007 : 18:44:07
What's the point of trying to pick the worst of the best? They've all gotta be great or else they wouldn't be in the NHL. It's like trying to find the lowest grade in a classroom full of "A"s. It's pointless.
ED11 Posted - 03/13/2007 : 12:00:15
quote:

quote:

Nik Antropov is far from the worst player in the league. He is also a force on the ice. He works for the puck well and isn't taking those stupid penalties. Some say he is only doing well because of Sundin. That isn't entirely true. Antropov is a solid checker aswell as scorer. He is far from the worst in the league. Get over yourselves.

I used to think like you Ed, but Antropov has played really well this year. He has adapted to the new NHL nicely and can score as well as dish out nice hits. He may be slow, but as Kashmire said, he works hard and fight for the puck, something most players fail to do. Im suprised this is coming from a Leafs fan too. Maybe you need to start watching more games because you obviously have not been watching this season.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!

I have been watching the games this year. And you are completely right. Antropov has definetly stepped it up this year. I have never liked him though. I never saw that potential in him that Quinn always talked about. This is just my opinion on the matter leafsfan. You gotta gimme that!
Patchy Posted - 03/12/2007 : 19:59:23
quote:

For bad attitude I would sya Tucker but for bad skill I would say Alexei Kovalev

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

Did you see Tucker after Janssen's hit on kaberle?? he was the only player defending him, he's one of the best team players in the NHL today and he always plays to win. If you ask me, that's a good attitude towards the game.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Canucks Man Posted - 03/12/2007 : 18:22:11
I agree with admin, Samsanov and Bulis and Kovalev are all greatly skilled players but Lazy individuals and Bulis just has terrible hockey sense

CANUCKS RULE!!
Saku Steen Posted - 03/12/2007 : 18:04:29
quote:
Originally posted by 87CrOsBy87

jordin tootoo and rory fitzpatrick

Forget about style; worry about results.
Bobby Orr

CROSBY RULES!

Jordin Tootoo is the best for what he is getting paid to do.
87CrOsBy87 Posted - 03/12/2007 : 15:22:44
jordin tootoo and rory fitzpatrick

Forget about style; worry about results.
Bobby Orr

CROSBY RULES!
semin-rules Posted - 03/12/2007 : 14:16:58
quote:
Originally posted by admin

quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

Define "Worst Player" does it mean bad skills, or bad attitude or what??

For bad attitude I would sya Tucker but for bad skill I would say Alexei Kovalev

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

Do you mean Kovalev has no skill? There is no way you can believe that - he has plenty but rarely uses all of them.

Yeah I know he has skill but he doesn't use it

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
admin Posted - 03/12/2007 : 14:11:38
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

Do you mean Kovalev has no skill? There is no way you can believe that - he has plenty but rarely uses all of them.
semin-rules Posted - 03/12/2007 : 14:04:43

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
PENSFAN8771 Posted - 03/12/2007 : 13:53:01
I think it has spiraled off topic, so I'm sorry. I agree that it's hard to label any player the worst based on skill because they are all very talented. So in order to label them as "bad" or "the worst" I think it may be best to exclude the skills part and look at other acts than just lacking goals. Skillwise, Bertuzzi may be in the top 10% of players, but I have to think that what would qualifiy someone as "the worst" would have to extend beyond just skill, but also to character and face for the game. Thus, I say Bertuzzi.
admin Posted - 03/12/2007 : 10:38:54
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Guys, just like the other thread, you've gone WAY off topic. Bertuzzi is far from the worst player in the league so he's really the last guy you should be talking about. There are plenty of other places where this discussion would be more appropriate.

Sorry babs, had to get that in.

Worst player in the league, I would have to say: Jan Bulis. Lets face it, anyone who makes the NHL is a VERY good hockey player. I think Jan is one of the more skilled players in the league, but the fact that he wastes his skill drives me crazy. Sergei Samsonov can also be included here.
bablaboushka Posted - 03/12/2007 : 10:38:40
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Guys, just like the other thread, you've gone WAY off topic. Bertuzzi is far from the worst player in the league so he's really the last guy you should be talking about. There are plenty of other places where this discussion would be more appropriate.

Thanks...
admin Posted - 03/12/2007 : 10:35:52
quote:
Originally posted by PENSFAN8771

quote:
Originally posted by tctitans

quote:

Todd Bertuzzi is the worst person in the NHL, but player, I'm not so sure anyone who made it deserves that label.

Bert really is a good guy. unfortunately, ignorance propagates ingnorance.

Really good guys don't perpetrate pre-meditated, career-ending injuries. It's kinda like how really good guys don't plot to steal their employee's pensions, or laugh when a child is lying on the ice injured, or build an arsenal to go on shooting rampages because someone made them mad at work. Who people are is based on what they do, not how many times they say sorry and there are just some decisions we can't take back. If he was a really, genuinely good guy, this conversation wouldn't be taking place. However, the fact of the matter is that he is playing in the NHL and the guy he injured is not. It's time for Canucks fans to stop standing up for the thug that hasn't been their problem for some time now.

I have to disagree. Good people are capable of making bad decisions. We have to remember that all of these guys are real people like you and me. Steve Moore may never play again. He had his lively hood taken away from him. A dream stolen. Todd Bertuzzi did something unforgivable. He made a bad decision, and he will have to live with it for the rest of his life. I dont think this makes him a bad person.
bablaboushka Posted - 03/12/2007 : 10:26:09
leafsfan_101 Posted - 03/12/2007 : 10:23:09
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

The Bertuzzi incendent was NOT pre-meditated he wanted Moore to fight but he wouldnt turn around, now dont go saying i agree with what bert did, but he didnt plan on anything like that bad happening

CANUCKS RULE!!

How can you say that what Bertuzzi did was not pre meditated. He even told the media he would hurt the guy. Look at the video again, you will see that even after he took Moore down he still intended to hurt him. His arm was up getting ready to punch again and if a Colorado player had not jumped on him in time Todd would have pounded Steve even more.

Get your facts straight before you defend Bertuzzi again. There is no defening what he did. Don't go beating around the bush for something that was wrong. Stop trying to cover up what he did and face the facts.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Guest4040 Posted - 03/12/2007 : 00:01:36
leave bert alone!
Canucks Man Posted - 03/11/2007 : 21:59:33
Oh and just like my Simon vs McSorley thread this has turned into a beat up on bert thread

CANUCKS RULE!!
Canucks Man Posted - 03/11/2007 : 21:56:25
The Bertuzzi incendent was NOT pre-meditated he wanted Moore to fight but he wouldnt turn around, now dont go saying i agree with what bert did, but he didnt plan on anything like that bad happening

CANUCKS RULE!!
PENSFAN8771 Posted - 03/11/2007 : 21:21:07
quote:
Originally posted by tctitans

quote:

Todd Bertuzzi is the worst person in the NHL, but player, I'm not so sure anyone who made it deserves that label.

Bert really is a good guy. unfortunately, ignorance propagates ingnorance.

Really good guys don't perpetrate pre-meditated, career-ending injuries. It's kinda like how really good guys don't plot to steal their employee's pensions, or laugh when a child is lying on the ice injured, or build an arsenal to go on shooting rampages because someone made them mad at work. Who people are is based on what they do, not how many times they say sorry and there are just some decisions we can't take back. If he was a really, genuinely good guy, this conversation wouldn't be taking place. However, the fact of the matter is that he is playing in the NHL and the guy he injured is not. It's time for Canucks fans to stop standing up for the thug that hasn't been their problem for some time now.
Guest4541 Posted - 03/11/2007 : 21:10:07
Either: Kristof Oliwa, Darcy Hordichuck, or Dan Cloutier. They all suck so much!!!!!!!! WOW!! OMG!!!!!
The_only_Odelein_fan Posted - 03/11/2007 : 19:43:48
Jose Theodore is the worst player in the league. He has a lot of money for warming the bench. Gainey did a geat job when he trade him to colorado. Aebisher is not realy better but he is cheaper. The only good thing Theo did in his life, was when he had Paris Hilton in his bed!

Lyle Odelein is a god!
OILINONTARIO Posted - 03/11/2007 : 19:16:48
[quote]Originally posted by PuckNuts

I am not a big Antropov fan either, he can play well but he is to inconsistant to be in the NHL...

After Aki-Petteri Berg left the team the only one left that I don't like is Antropov, he needs some skating lessons...

I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy…

Credit for the lobotomy quote must be given to the great Tom Waits.
Patchy Posted - 03/11/2007 : 18:56:31
quote:

Agreed, Antropov isn't the greatest skater but he can put pucks in the net, hits well, and playes okay defence and isn't a liability to their team. He isn't top 100 player in the league but he is a decent player worth having on your roster.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!

agreed

~~Go Leafs Go~~
leafsfan_101 Posted - 03/11/2007 : 18:43:42
Agreed, Antropov isn't the greatest skater but he can put pucks in the net, hits well, and playes okay defence and isn't a liability to their team. He isn't top 100 player in the league but he is a decent player worth having on your roster.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
PainTrain Posted - 03/11/2007 : 17:57:22
Antropov is so slow someone needs to help him with that
Patchy Posted - 03/11/2007 : 17:48:56
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

He also has great chemistry with mats and poni.

I dunno how you can play well on a hockey team with mats and ponies, but somehow Antropov does it....Hahahaha

Haha nice, yea antropov can do anything.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Mikhailova Posted - 03/11/2007 : 17:38:47
quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

He also has great chemistry with mats and poni.

I dunno how you can play well on a hockey team with mats and ponies, but somehow Antropov does it....Hahahaha
Patchy Posted - 03/11/2007 : 17:35:27
quote:

quote:

Long Live Leafs Nation!!

i agree with you leafs fan, antropov is far from the worst player, he's obviously not overrated cuz nobody thinks much of him and he puts up points. He also has great chemistry with mats and poni.
It's hard to say who the WORST player in the NHL is, because they all have to have alot of skill in order to make the NHL.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
leafsfan_101 Posted - 03/11/2007 : 17:30:00
quote:

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Guest4040 Posted - 03/11/2007 : 16:49:22
quote:

how could you say that? because of one incident that happened? hes paid the consequences and paid his dues. you just hate him until someone else does worse (chris simon). do you know todd personally? i dont think so. I've heard hes a really great and friendly guy. Chris Simon is a great team guy or so thats what his teamates say. so if you dont know the guy dont make opinions saying they are a bad person or not.
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/11/2007 : 16:38:44
How about Sergei Berezin the guy can shoot but don't ask him to make a pass cause no can do
I don even know if he's still playing.

Go leafs Go by the way
Mikhailova Posted - 03/11/2007 : 16:13:13
quote:
Originally posted by the hockey guy

its too bad that the leafs have most of their players fit into this topic

I was noticing that...I think it's hilarious (Says a lot, doesn't it?)

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page