Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Shoulder vs. Elbow

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Novie Posted - 03/09/2007 : 15:57:28
What's really dangerous here is that I hope the guys at NHL head office have a lot more common sense than some of the opinions I've seen in these forums.

"Flying Elbows" is a term that gets used a lot...I fail to see why we keep insisting on calling these hits elbows when it is CLEAR that the arm comes up after the play. Neil on Drury, Janssen on Kaberle...neither was the notorious FLYING ELBOW....just hard hits where the arms come up AFTER the hit.

Dion Phaneuf does it every single time he hits anybody, and he hasn't had to face the firing range about his "Flying Elbows". Watch the latest Darcy Tucker hit. What about Gary Roberts?

Sorry for the rant, but I've seen it too much..

Now...Macho Man Randy Savage......THAT WAS A FLYING ELBOW!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Saku Steen Posted - 03/10/2007 : 16:26:45
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

These are some videos of some suspensions....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=634nSML35AE

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

Ugh, that was terrible to watch.
semin-rules Posted - 03/10/2007 : 15:00:54
These are some videos of some suspensions....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=634nSML35AE

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
oil guy Posted - 03/10/2007 : 14:54:45
Yes thats right it was Zednik, thanks.
Saku Steen Posted - 03/10/2007 : 14:19:05
quote:
Originally posted by oil guy

I remember Kyle Mclarens elbow that seemed a lot worse due to the fact the pad looked like a dangerous weapon.
I can not recall who he hit but he got several games for it.

Kyle McClaren close lined Zednik some time ago. Thats the only time I remember him getting suspended.
oil guy Posted - 03/10/2007 : 12:58:10
I remember Kyle Mclarens elbow that seemed a lot worse due to the fact the pad looked like a dangerous weapon.
I can not recall who he hit but he got several games for it.
Novie Posted - 03/10/2007 : 06:55:04
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts
and if you saw coaches corner after the hit you will remember when Don hits Ron over the head with an elbow pad to demonstrate how the pad could hurt you...

I DO remember that, it was when I truely started loving Don

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
PuckNuts Posted - 03/09/2007 : 19:17:15
I can't find a video on Geoffs hit, can anyone else, post if you find it...

I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy…
Patchy Posted - 03/09/2007 : 19:00:41
good point. Many players get ripped off becuase of this.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
PuckNuts Posted - 03/09/2007 : 16:40:50
Has anyone seen the hit that ended Geoff Courtnall's career, now that was an elbow, it goes a way back (1999) I will see if I can find it but his face makes contact with the other players elbow, and if you saw coaches corner after the hit you will remember when Don hits Ron over the head with an elbow pad to demonstrate how the pad could hurt you...

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright, until they speak...
leigh Posted - 03/09/2007 : 16:13:40
100% in agreement Novie. Good call! People need to call it at the point of impact. Was the hit initiated with the ELBOW or the SHOULDER? Simple stuff.
ED11 Posted - 03/09/2007 : 16:12:26
Hahahahaha, macho man was great! And indeed had an awesome flying elbow. I see what you are saying about the "flying elbow" thing being used so often and I myself am guilty. But, a lot of hits are indeed elbows. I don't know if you've played hockey but when you get hit with an elbow...you know!!! It hurts. Any player will tell you that. I have had 3 elbows to the head playing Universtiy hockey and they are not fun. NHL'ers know how to hit. But sometimes emotions run high and someone raises an elbow. I still believe that the hits on Drury and Kaberle were bad hits. But thats the beauty of this site, we all have our opinions!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page