Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 NHL can't get its video replay calls correct

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leafsfan_101 Posted - 03/12/2007 : 17:05:25
During yesterday's game featuring the Carolina Hurricanes@New York Rangers the NHL screwed up on one of its instant replay calls. With the score 1-1, Canes goalie John Grahaem played the puck behind his net. His clearence attempt went to a Rangers player and he promptly shot towards the goal. Grahaem appeared to make a spectacular stop, the puck hitting his stick, then crossbar, then out of harm's way. The play went under review and it was labled no goal. After searching the web for some pics of the save, I happened to notice that it was, in fact , a goal.

Image 1 shows the puck heading towards the goal.
http://tinypic.ca/viewer.php?id=bwy1173742769v.jpg

Image 2 shows the puck just before he makes the stop.
http://tinypic.ca/viewer.php?id=klz1173743632w.jpg

Image 3 is difficult to see. Look closley near the blade of Grahaem's goal stick. The puck, along with blade of the stick, are inside of the net.
My conclusion, GOAL.
http://tinypic.ca/viewer.php?id=bwy1173743793w.jpg

Although the Rangers still won in a shootout, this play happened in regulation. This gave the Canes an extra point, which means that it can easily change the playoff implications in the Eastern Confrence. This could be the turning point in the playoff race.

I think that the only reason that this was called a no-goal was because it wasn't conclusive. Some may argue it is, some it isn't. Personally, I would call this a goal. but you be the judge.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Canucks Man Posted - 03/12/2007 : 18:02:30
I gotta say its to inconclusive for me

CANUCKS RULE!!
bablaboushka Posted - 03/12/2007 : 17:33:05
As soon as I saw the highlights, I thought it was a goal. It actually seemed pretty clear to me, because after Grahame tips it, it looks like it hits under the crossbar inside the net. They showed it a few times and every time it looked to me like it was in.

The Conroy goal against TB seemed too obvious to me, why did it take so long? I knew it went in while watching it live, let alone the ref that was right there... They showed umpteen replays and none of them contradicted that, it cleared showed that the puck was under his blocker which was across the goalline. Sometimes it seems like they take VERY long on obvious-looking goals but quickly call off some plays that actually should have been reversed.
leigh Posted - 03/12/2007 : 17:15:05
I only saw the one replay on the shot and my reaction from it was that it was a goal. But I ould ahve to see it a few more times to decide. Unfortunately these shots you supplied are fairly inconclusive but they do suggest it is possibly a goal. Love to see the video again.

On the other hand they definitely got it right in the Calgary/Tampa Bay game on Saturday where Conroy scored on Denis but it was under his blocker.

I'd say that the NHL gets 99.5% of the calls right if they go to replay. If I was an Oiler fan I'd probably think differently! haha. They have been burned a few times in the lasst couple years.
tctitans Posted - 03/12/2007 : 17:12:05
Sorry, inconclusive from the evidence provided. Hence, gotta default to the call on the ice.
;)

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page