Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 John Tavares

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
willus3 Posted - 03/19/2007 : 08:05:58
Has anyone seen this kid play or know much about him? Apparently he just broke Gretzky's junior record for goals in a season by a 16 year old. He is also the first player ever to be granted "exceptional player" status in the OHL. He is the youngest player to be drafted at only 14 though Bobby Orr was signed and played at a younger age. From the sounds of things Tavares could be really something to see. Thoughts?
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stef Posted - 04/28/2008 : 13:14:05
I havent seen him, but have heard a lot of things. Personally, I am not a fan of "Sid" but whatever. I cheer for all Canadian players. Crosby is good but it seems he has to be in every commercial and is not focusing more on his hockey career but rather is promoting things that do with hockey. It should be about the love of the game and having fun (of course winning is always icing on the cake.)
There will always be kids coming along going to be "The Next" but someone will always like somebody different.
If Tavares is supposedly good right now, then good for him and I hope he gets better! Duchene was also awesome, but then, some of those young guys just havent quite got to the stage where they can get 100+ points all the time. Some kids havent even been seen yet...so we shall see!
Guest6659 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 12:51:58
Guest 9272. You sound bitter. Guys who don't play AAA don't play for a reason. They're not good enough. So you're either high, drunk, or bitter if you think Tavares and Crosby have no talent. Which is it?
Guest9272 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 11:57:02
The kid is a dud he has no hands has no skill and no sense of hockey at all. As for Crosby he is a waste of talent and there are plenty better kids out there that never get drafted just because of the fact they dont play AAA hockey some kids would rather play just for fun then being "faught" over and being a poster child which is what these two softies are. If the OHL and NHL had a poster child it would be these two for their lack of talent and skills.
fly4apuckguy Posted - 04/25/2007 : 22:00:50
He's not the first player to be granted special status or permission to play as a 15-year-old. Spezza was given that, too. I think maybe Rico Fata had that, too. (That worked out pretty well, huh?)

Is Tavares destined to be as good as Crosby? Slow down. The kid is 16, and has phenominal hands. Unbelieveable scoring touch. Amazing.

Did I mention he was 16?

Canada (and I love my country) has a history of annoiting the "Next Ones" too early, possibly just because we want another Gretzky, Mario, Orr, whatever.

Alexandre Daigle, Paul Kariya, Eric Lindros, Vincent Lecavalier, and Joe Thornton have all worn this label, to varying degrees of success. Only Crosby (in my mind) is the type of guy you mention with Gretz and Mario.

Tavares maybe a superstar one day (I'm collecting his cards just in case), but right now he's scoring on 17 year olds, not Luongo or Kipper or Marty Brodeur.

He has a ways to go yet.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
willus3 Posted - 04/25/2007 : 21:31:27
Geez he's a big kid!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ90W2F780A&mode=related&search=

"Go chase headlights!"
tctitans Posted - 03/26/2007 : 14:48:15
quote:
Originally posted by T-RAV17

Tavares=#1 pick. He will be just as good a s Crosby, maybe even better.

Go Sens!

I personally doubt this very much.
manninm Posted - 03/26/2007 : 13:50:37
Hard to say who will be better at this point, considering I don't think we've seen the best Crosby has to offer yet, let alone Tavares.

Speaking of John Tavareses, I watched the lax Johnny T light up Colorado for 7 goals on Sat. night. If the younger is anything like the elder, we should be in for something special.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/24/2007 : 13:25:22
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by jbraiter

ya he is amazing i read about him supposed to be the next crosby

So according to the media that would make him "The Next Next One"

lol i don't think he will be better tho
bablaboushka Posted - 03/24/2007 : 13:18:06
Yeah Crosby played two years in the Q with Rimouski when he was 16-17 years old. He went to Shattack-St. Mary's when he was 15.
Saku Steen Posted - 03/24/2007 : 09:37:47
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

quote:
Originally posted by willus3

Has anyone seen this kid play or know much about him? Apparently he just broke Gretzky's junior record for goals in a season by a 16 year old. He is also the first player ever to be granted "exceptional player" status in the OHL. He is the youngest player to be drafted at only 14 though Bobby Orr was signed and played at a younger age. From the sounds of things Tavares could be really something to see. Thoughts?

Let's all remember, SId went to school instead of playing junior, so we'll never know if he should have the record anyway.

What is 'exceptional player' status? I don't get it...

I think he'll have a great junior career, get drafted #1...and then, who knows?

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

Didnt Crosby play Jr, with the Ocenic in the Q.
Novie Posted - 03/24/2007 : 09:17:25
quote:

Let's all remember, SId went to school instead of playing junior, so we'll never know if he should have the record anyway.

What is 'exceptional player' status? I don't get it...

I think he'll have a great junior career, get drafted #1...and then, who knows?

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
T-RAV17 Posted - 03/24/2007 : 07:36:21
Tavares=#1 pick. He will be just as good a s Crosby, maybe even better.

Go Sens!
Mikhailova Posted - 03/19/2007 : 12:56:49
quote:
Originally posted by jbraiter

So according to the media that would make him "The Next Next One"
jbraiter Posted - 03/19/2007 : 12:50:09
Saku Steen Posted - 03/19/2007 : 11:54:28
He is something to watch on T.V. I only can imagine watching him live.

Yay! I dint even realize im a pro now! Another star for me!
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/19/2007 : 10:15:28
Can't wait to see what that dude is gonna be doing in a couple of years. He might be something to see. Just hope it's not gonna get out of proportion like it happen with Crosby, I mean media wise

Go leafs Go by the way
Guest2646 Posted - 03/19/2007 : 09:54:57
He's good, but he needs some more time, to see if his scoring can remain consistant. Kind of like crosby has done by maintaining 100 pts + so far and no signs of slowing down.
Beans15 Posted - 03/19/2007 : 08:44:01
The things I have heard about him is that he obviously has scoring skills. The knocks on him are he is supposedly a weak skater and he needs to develop some hockey sense to make him more responsible defensively.
tctitans Posted - 03/19/2007 : 08:24:49
quote:

I've heard lots about him and he's slated to go #1 in 2009 (I think Matt Duchene will give him a run for his money, but he might go to college instead). Anyways, I've never seen him play, so I cant comment personally, but from everything i've read, he seems like the real deal. Amazing hand-eye coordination and a lacross star as well. But, he's still very young.. and you never know what will happen and how he will progress in the next few years. For every Gretzky, Spezza, and Crosby, there are 50 Pat Peakes, Brian Lawton's, and even lesser impact players... only time will tell.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page