Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 McGeough

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lyall Posted - 03/20/2007 : 23:25:17
I know I started this forum once before, when Mick cost the the Oilers a goal or two. If you missed it check it out.
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=762

But good ol' Mick is at it again. This time it's St.Louis that get's burnt on two goals. I think it's time to fire up that old petition again. This guy's a joke & an disgrace to hockey.

"I Was So Happy I Gave Kerry Fraser A Hug" -Bill Guerin
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leafsfan_101 Posted - 03/22/2007 : 16:32:26
Mick needs to retire. Seriously. He is horrible. And to answer Babs question, i don't mind Don Coharsky. He calls a good game.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Novie Posted - 03/22/2007 : 16:21:16
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

Maybe it's just the quality of the ol' YouTube, but the first video looks like Gerber gets it with his glove...but it's a poor quality replay.

2nd one....oh god...I just hope we get Michael "Don't Call Me Mick Anymore" McGeough for our playoff run!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

Just saw the reply on "That's Hockey"....totally in the net....good lord Mick, you suck

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
PuckNuts Posted - 03/22/2007 : 06:29:19
You can not review every shot on net, the game would take forever.
Why was there not one player on the ice for St. Louis that approached the Ref to say they thought it went in? The shooter did not even see it go in...If one of the players had questioned the play the booth would have had time to review the play, and a goal would have been awarded. As for blowing the horn to stop the play, that is just plain stupid...

Every time you get a shot on net, and the play is stopped all the players should raise their arms and gather like they scored, that way there would be time to review the plays...

I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy…
manninm Posted - 03/22/2007 : 06:17:56
Oh, and by the way, I like Fraser too. I think he got a bad rap for the Buffalo-Dallas controversy in '99. I'm pretty sure that decision came from upstairs.
manninm Posted - 03/22/2007 : 06:16:26
The first one does go in. It goes under Gerber's glove, hits his stick after crossing the goalline, then comes back into him. Really hard to tell on youtube, tho. I watched the game and saw the replays.

Good Ol' Mick has been one of the worst for a while now. I can't imagine a reason why you wouldn't go upstairs after the first one.
Novie Posted - 03/22/2007 : 05:47:30
Maybe it's just the quality of the ol' YouTube, but the first video looks like Gerber gets it with his glove...but it's a poor quality replay.

2nd one....oh god...I just hope we get Michael "Don't Call Me Mick Anymore" McGeough for our playoff run!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 14:54:23
Don’t forget my friend Kerry Fraser he also had his share of controversy.

Go leafs Go by the way
Guest2896 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 13:31:21
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Ok I've watched all four videos:

Like I said in the other McGeough thread and like Beans said here: Deal with it and move on. No one likes whiners who criticize refs and dwell on it forever. McGeough seems to be the only ref anyone ever complains about, yet I've witnessed much poorer reffing from others.

Agreed that other refs make some similar mistakes. But if you watch enough McGeough games, you would see that he is the one ref in the league who wants to have a say in who wins each and every game. Whether it be a ridiculous penalty call late in the game, or not reviewing plays that obviously need review.

As for the comment about the quick whistle. As far as I understood from the game, McGeough's ruling was that he had intended to blow the whistle and not that he actually had blown the whistle. If he had blown the whistle it would have been a different story.

Anyway, All I am trying to say is that although there are more than one party involved in miscalls, Mr. Mick always seems to find himself right in the middle
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/21/2007 : 13:21:25
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by lyall

...when Mick cost the the Oilers a goal or two.

But good ol' Mick is at it again. This time it's St.Louis that get's burnt on two goals.

Lol..I didn't see the "C" when I read it at first and I was thinking "What did I do?"

Jeez Mik you cost the oilers a goal shame on you
bablaboushka Posted - 03/21/2007 : 13:15:52
Ok I've watched all four videos:

The first one should have been reviewed further by the goal judges in the arena and by the video replay guys in Toronto. Often when a call is questionable like this, they will call down to the rink to initiate the discussion about whether or not it was a goal. THEY dropped the ball here. I can't say anything about whether McGeough heard them yelling from the bench or if they dropped the puck "quickly" or whatever, that's just being picky. The goal judges dropped the ball here. I don't think it's fair that anyone expects the ref to be able to tell whether or not that was in just by seeing it live, especially by how close it was. Murray exaggerates how far it was in a little too much, the puck seemed to have only crossed by a few inches.

The second one was just a quick whistle, sh!t happens. My team was just in a tournament out of town and we got shafted of a few goals from quick whistles but also got saved a couple from them. With those you win some, you lose some. It all ends up even in the long run. It should have counted, but what can you do?

Who sounds the horn in the middle of play? That was ridiculous.

Like I said in the other McGeough thread and like Beans said here: Deal with it and move on. No one likes whiners who criticize refs and dwell on it forever. McGeough seems to be the only ref anyone ever complains about, yet I've witnessed much poorer reffing from others.
Mikhailova Posted - 03/21/2007 : 12:44:05
quote:
Originally posted by lyall

...when Mick cost the the Oilers a goal or two.

But good ol' Mick is at it again. This time it's St.Louis that get's burnt on two goals.

Lol..I didn't see the "C" when I read it at first and I was thinking "What did I do?"
Beans15 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 12:37:59
Poor calls happen from all ref and the happen to all teams. Sometimes it costs them a game. It's part of hockey. Deal with it.

Just out of curiousity, how many refs do people actually like???
Guest2896 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 11:50:47
quote:
Originally posted by Buddyno2000

I Also found comments by Blues coach Andy Murray

You should watch this, the guy is unbelievable his team just got screwed and he keeps his cool that just shows how much of a man he is about the situation.

I hope the league is gonna do something about all this (not about what as been done but for was is to come)

Go leafs Go by the way

You have to understand that had Andy Murray been coaching a team that was fighting for a playoff spot, he would not have been cool or calm at all. But considering the circumstances, there is absolutely no need for him to get bent out of shape about a couple bad calls.

I have to agree though, Magoo...and I will spell it that way because he reminds me of the blind cartoon character...needs to be taken care of. Whether is is lazer-eye surgery or just plain dropping him back to AA hockey. Let him work his way back up. I have seen nothing in about the past 5 years as a fan that has made me want to watch the game when he is the referee.
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 11:42:30
I Also found comments by Blues coach Andy Murray

part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLraK-loD9c&mode=related&search=
part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWG8fFD-Z1g&mode=related&search=

You should watch this, the guy is unbelievable his team just got screwed and he keeps his cool that just shows how much of a man he is about the situation.

I hope the league is gonna do something about all this (not about what as been done but for was is to come)

Go leafs Go by the way
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 11:30:45
Here It is 1st : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf2vI-u9Ovc
2nd : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls_I7KAU2mA

thats is really really sad

Go leafs Go by the way
bablaboushka Posted - 03/21/2007 : 10:11:54
Shake and swing your body-o?

Sorry, proceed.
Beans15 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 10:06:49
Audio?
bablaboushka Posted - 03/21/2007 : 10:04:13