Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Belak VS Janssen

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4040 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 10:12:41
what a fight, belak lands smething like 16 punches before janssen lands one

heres the link.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w429Y0bH3FQ
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blubberboy Posted - 04/07/2007 : 11:11:29
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

My favorite part was when Janssen waved the linesmen off...classic!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

Ha. So True.

Go Vancouver
Saku Steen Posted - 03/22/2007 : 10:55:16
Guest 4040. you need to sign up! You would have like 400 posts by now.
Guest4164 Posted - 03/22/2007 : 07:19:07
Number one thing to get out of the way is that was not a good fight at all. Belak needs to learn that those short jabs while grabbing the jersey do NOT hurt the other guy at all. Janssen was laughing at belak when he was punching him(the ones that actually did connect). Being a leafs fan i also agree its sad that Belak is the toughest guy on that team, true retribution was definately not accomplished that night. On the other hand i dont think you could consider someone losing in a fight because the other guy took him down. When that happens usually the guy who starts the take down is getting too tired and uses that as a last minute ditch of the fight to save him some face. Now lets talk a good fight. Fedorek getting knocked out AGAIN!
manninm Posted - 03/22/2007 : 06:20:22
Gotta love both guys in this fight. Belak stands up for his boy, throws down, does his job. Janssen faces the facts, like a man, fights Belak (the waving off the linesmen was a nice touch, too), and exorcises those demons from March 2. Pretty classy, in my opinion.
Novie Posted - 03/22/2007 : 05:42:57
My favorite part was when Janssen waved the linesmen off...classic!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
JerseyDevil Posted - 03/21/2007 : 22:47:16
Hmm, who won? You all seem to forget the part where Janssen wrestled Belak down to the ice and the refs had to pull Janssen off Belak, ending the fight.
These two have a history of fighting, and it's usually pretty even, I must admit.

By the way, Mike "Doc" Emrick and Glenn "Chico" Resch are definitely better announcers. They're actually unbiased, believe it or not. The (better) video is here, for anyone who wants to hear the real thing. I mean, come on. The Punch-o-Meter? I liked how it stopped counting when Janssen started getting hits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr27z9DmJuQ

Check out the other Janssen-Belak fights:
In the one that was posted in the first post, Belak does nothing but strip Janssen, Janssen lands some good hits though.

In this one( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxDF12wzPfA ), the announcers make some good points, but this fight is relatively uneventful until Janssen's last 2 punches at the end. You can also see Janssen talking to the refs in this one- He does it a lot, and prides himself as a strong finisher; his fights don't really pick up till the end when the other person is out of energy.

In a radio broadcast I heard of the most recent fight (the March 20th one), the announcers were saying that Belak was trying to push Janssen off of him at one point... I just thought that illustrated Janssen's fighting style- he waits until the end to step it up.

On a different note, the leafs won that game because of their crappy refs. The interference/trip of Pandolfo led to a goal, when it should have either been a Devils goal, or barring that, a Devils power play.
Guest7881 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 13:23:55
Belak killed Janssen whoever doesnt

say belak won is dumb
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/21/2007 : 13:19:10
I lost count with the punches when Belak had 16 and Janssen had 1
Mikhailova Posted - 03/21/2007 : 12:35:25
That was not a great fight. All they did was spin around in a circle at center ice while wapping each other. They weren't even punching very hard either, mostly they were just waving their arms around and occasionally they'd hit the other guy's helmet.

FIrst Kaberle now Belak. Janssen seems to like to pick fights with Leafs.
Beans15 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 12:26:30
The fight really wasn't very good. The play by play guys made it sound better than it was.

ultimatetitman Posted - 03/21/2007 : 12:10:10
How can anybody call that an awesome fight? Either than punching each other's helmet, neither fighter really landed anything. There are no cuts, black eyes, or even bruises.
Belak's a joke what with his whole "stripper" routine, and Janssen didn't back down.
The only good part of the fight was when Janssen waved off the officials. Obvioulsy Belak wasn't doing much if Janssens could spare a hand to wave them off.
The only people who think it was a great fight are TML fans, and only because the rest of the country had to watch 90 seconds more of Toronto highlights.
Saku Steen Posted - 03/21/2007 : 11:36:49
That was an awesome fight! It was so long. It was a close fight too!
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 11:23:22
sooooooooo Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!
Can’t say who actually won that bout but it was one of the best I’ve seen in a wile

Go leafs Go by the way
Beans15 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 11:22:59
The thing I liked about this was it was like the old days. Belak being the tough guy for Toronto went out to seek "retribution" for what Janssen did. Janssen fought like a man, and it's over.

This is how retaliation should happen in hockey. None of this cheap shot crap.

bablaboushka Posted - 03/21/2007 : 11:15:23
quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

Isn't that the old fight??
I think this is the newer one.---->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSzAFNW_pe8&NR Enjoy.

~~Go Leafs Go~~

There, that one makes more sense.
Guest8436 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 10:49:58
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4040

what a fight, belak lands smething like 16 punches before janssen lands one

heres the link.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w429Y0bH3FQ

There is a difference between punches thrown and punches landed. He's lucky if he "landed" 3 of those 15 punches. I'm glad someone went after him, it's just too bad that the toughest guy on the Leafs is Belak.
Patchy Posted - 03/21/2007 : 10:21:10
Isn't that the old fight??
I think this is the newer one.---->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSzAFNW_pe8&NR Enjoy.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
bablaboushka Posted - 03/21/2007 : 10:15:08
You mean the opposite? Belak sucked.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page