Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 NHL players, you have met / seen

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
semin-rules Posted - 03/27/2007 : 19:45:14
I have always wondered if anyone has seen like Crosby or Sakic when they aren't playing hockey?? Have any of you met or seen a player while they weren't playing hockey??

The best I have seen is Brandon Ried, I got to talk to him when he was waiting outside the dressing room. It's not Crosby, but it's better than nothing.

Who have you seen / talked to?

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
1 Crosby fan Posted - 04/02/2007 : 20:37:57
I met Cherry before and Ron MacLean.

Winners never Quit and Quitters never win
Patchy Posted - 04/02/2007 : 18:52:59
I don't know if this counts, but I met Don Cherry at his restaurant, he sat with my family and I for a bit, really nice guy.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Canucks Man Posted - 04/02/2007 : 18:27:50
My dads friend grew up in Cranbrook BC and played on a line with Steve Yzerman

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
semin-rules Posted - 04/02/2007 : 18:23:44
Absolutley no joke! I have talked to Steve Yzerman

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
freddyboy Posted - 04/02/2007 : 17:51:48
ive met kovalev in a restaurant in montreal..... he was nice we talk like 5 min an have took 4-5 pics with him
semin-rules Posted - 03/31/2007 : 11:04:57
Does anyone here know who Stephan Patrick is?

~~~~~GO STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
PuckNuts Posted - 03/31/2007 : 09:52:59
I played hockey this past summer with Dave McLlwain...

The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way...
wyntyre Posted - 03/31/2007 : 06:05:59
Forgot about Tretiak....I met him at abook signing and got his autograph...I haven't met dustin boyd, but I've met his dad...and I also know Adam Courchaine who was drafted by Minnesota after playing with the vancouver Giants. He spent most of his time last year in the "E" and is now over in Europe somewhere.

Can't go...The Roads Are Dirty
Saku Steen Posted - 03/31/2007 : 04:14:37
I dont really think of them as NHL players but, My dad knows Bob Mongraine really good and I go to camp instructed by Cam Russell.
I dont know if you would know these names though.
semin-rules Posted - 03/30/2007 : 21:17:23
I have also seen Peter Cajanek

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
ryschevy1 Posted - 03/30/2007 : 18:20:01
Carey Wilson. He almost took my buddies head off with a slapshot from center ice when he was playing goal in an exhibition game. Our local Ashern Hornets bantam team played the Jets Alumni one year for a fundraiser for the local teams. It turned out great, but I can't remember who else was on that team. That was about 13-14 years ago.

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
the hockey guy Posted - 03/30/2007 : 15:07:57
To answer you question Mik. I met Tretiak at my frined's place because they are friends or related or something
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/30/2007 : 15:07:11
quote:
Originally posted by the hockey guy

My friends sister was also engaged to Derek Roy but as soon as he got drafted to the NHL he broke up. It was pretty sad for her and she wishes that he breaks his legs every game he plays

LOL that is funny and really she was engaged to him

Winners never Quit and Quitters never win
the hockey guy Posted - 03/30/2007 : 15:00:59
My friends sister was also engaged to Derek Roy but as soon as he got drafted to the NHL he broke up. It was pretty sad for her and she wishes that he breaks his legs every game he plays
Mikhailova Posted - 03/30/2007 : 14:59:07
quote:
Originally posted by the hockey guy

I have met Hossa, on a plane to Checoslovakia...all the Toronto Maple Leafs....Tchetiak

1. Czechoslovakia (P.S. Did you mean the Czech Republic?)
2. That must suck
3. You mean Tretiak? Where on earth did you mean him?? Did you go to Russia?
the hockey guy Posted - 03/30/2007 : 14:55:09
I have met Hossa, on a plane to Checoslovakia, Jaromir Jagr Marc Savard, all the Toronto Maple Leafs, Iginla, Kiprusof Tchetiak, Patric Roy, Ed Belfor, Cujo, Turco, M.A. Fleury, J.S. Guiguere.

It seems like most hockey players I meet are goalies. It is funny because I am not a goalie.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/30/2007 : 09:48:30
quote:
Originally posted by oil guy

Met Martin Gelinas at game 3 of the Stanley Cup final in Edmonton last year, a little too cocky.

Wierd a player going to watch a game

CANUCKS RULE!!!
manninm Posted - 03/30/2007 : 08:35:33
quote:
Originally posted by PENSFAN8771

quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

was Malkin even alive in 86 PainTrain??

CANUCKS RULE!!!

He was born in '86, so he would have played on the Russian '86 team, not played in 1986.

ya, that makes sense...my bad
oil guy Posted - 03/30/2007 : 08:02:09
I ran into Ryan Smyth in a Visions in Edmonton, great guy.
Met Martin Gelinas at game 3 of the Stanley Cup final in Edmonton last year, a little too cocky.
Kyle Mclarens mom was my moms maid of honor and we hung out as kids.
PENSFAN8771 Posted - 03/30/2007 : 06:25:23
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

CANUCKS RULE!!!

He was born in '86, so he would have played on the Russian '86 team, not played in 1986.
Saku Steen Posted - 03/29/2007 : 03:43:07
quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

I dunno if you've heard of him or not but his name is Jeremy Stevenson. He currently plays in Denmark, but he played on the stars earlier this year. I also got to go along with the wild in their cup run. (Well for some of it)

~~Go Leafs Go~~

Ive heard that name before!
Canucks Man Posted - 03/28/2007 : 23:32:35

CANUCKS RULE!!!
lyall Posted - 03/28/2007 : 20:32:24
Raffi Torres, Fernando Pisani & Jarret Stoll all come into my restaraunt pretty regularly. The last time Torres Scored he came in for lunch. & once Stoll came in with Rachel Hunter.

Most of the Oilers got to the my sister Restaraunt before every home game.

"I Was So Happy I Gave Kerry Fraser A Hug" -Bill Guerin
Patchy Posted - 03/28/2007 : 19:11:56
I dunno if you've heard of him or not but his name is Jeremy Stevenson. He currently plays in Denmark, but he played on the stars earlier this year. I also got to go along with the wild in their cup run. (Well for some of it)

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Saku Steen Posted - 03/28/2007 : 16:39:38
Whos your cousin?
Patchy Posted - 03/28/2007 : 16:34:14
I met Roberto Luongo and Kevin Bieksa after a leafs nucks game, they're both great guys, i didn't want them to sign my leafs jersey so i just met them lol. I've also met mike dunham, wes walz and scottie upshall when my cousin played on the preds/wild.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
leafsfan_101 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 16:20:07
Well, I haven't met him, but Matt Stajan is a good family friend of mine. My grandmother and his are best friends, and my mom and his are friends also (she confirmed my mom). Sometimes i hear that me and Matt Stajan are third or fourth cousins from my grandma, so i don't know if they are couzins themselves or just really good friends, or even sisters. When my grandfather died Matt came to the funeral home, but I wasn't there.

my other grandfather met lots of NHL players. He used to be a tailor and NHLers would go to my dad's house all the time. He knew Tim Horton, Pat Quinn and many more. Once when my dad was small Tim Horton came to his house to get a suit. My dad went downstairs and was so excited he said "Hey number 7". He still laughs about that.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
PainTrain Posted - 03/28/2007 : 16:01:59
When i was five i played a hockey game between the first period of a regina pats game against Gilbert Perrault and Tiger Williams, funny Tiger accidentally knocked my friend over and i went and started punching Tiger in the gut, i was only five at the time. And i met the whole world under 17 hockey challenge team of team U.S.A. During that time i met Ron Rolston brother of Brian Rolston.
Beans15 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 15:14:10
Todd Fedoruk was a friend of mine in Junior High. I haven't seen him since High School.

Grant Fuhr when I was young at a lake near Edmonton

Played Ball Hockey Against Ryan Smyth and Georges Laraque

Doug Weight in a bar in Edmonton (two fisting pitchers of beer and hitting on all the lovely ladies)

wyntyre Posted - 03/28/2007 : 15:02:10
I forgot Russ Courtnall, I booked a hotel room for him in New York City for a grand a night. He was pretty funny...thought he was calling a company in the States so when I asked who I was speaking to he said Russ Courtnall. I was like "NHL Russ Courtnall?" and he said "You must be Canadian?"

It was pretty funny

Can't go...The Roads Are Dirty
hithere311 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 13:33:34
I bumped into ryan smyth in southgate mall when he played in edmonton.
Guest2897 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 12:43:53
quote:
Originally posted by -oil-country-

Ryan Smyth, really nice guy, he came out of dressing room and gave me and like 5 other kids signed pucks. Ales Hemsky, he said hey buddy how you doing? (when i was like 6 or 7) i was so proud and bragged to kids at daycare, Marc-Antoine Pouliot, talked to him while he was waiting outside dressing room too and Georges Laraque (when he was an Oiler), just said hi.

Ales Hemsky is 23 years old...how old was he when you met him?

As for me, I had the pleasure of going in to Trevor Linden's summer house as well as Greg Adams summer house (both on Okanogan Lake in Kelowna). I am related to an old-timer golfer who also had his summer home on Okanogan Lake, so he took me and my sister to hang out with each of their families for a part of the day. It was quite the treat. Other than that I had the chance to get the entire 1996 Canucks team autographs, as my mom works for the company where they all get their blood tested prior to the season. She brought me in to work that day and I had a chance to say hi to the lot of them.

Just over 2 years ago I sat down for a beer with Alex Auld, Ryan Kesler, and Jason King, as they were all having lunch at the local Boston Pizza. They invited me and my buddy over for a beer as we were both wearing our Canucks gear.
manninm Posted - 03/28/2007 : 10:25:36
Malkin? Evgeni Malkin? He was born in 1986.
PENSFAN8771 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 10:10:17
I've never been able to confirm this one, but maybe someone can help. When I was 13, the Russian 1986 team visited my home town on a US tour. In theory, Malkin would have been on this team. I skated with them in practice one night, but I have never know if he was actually there.
PENSFAN8771 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 10:06:28
I also met Mike Vernon in a hot tub in Disney World. He was sitting around just casually talking with the people in there with him and mentioned something about moving to Florida for his job. When asked, he said he had just been traded from San Jose to Florida. I was the only guy in the hot tub that even recognized his name (and there were 5 grown men sitting in there). He was there with his family and his young daughter came over soon to get him for something and he left.
PENSFAN8771 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 09:58:40
Went to penguins hockey camp as a kid. Trottier was a coach there too. He was real friendly and a very good coach. He taught me a good bit about screening and shooting when the pucks already in the crease. Ken Wregget also stopped in for one day.
bablaboushka Posted - 03/28/2007 : 09:42:18
quote:
Originally posted by wyntyre

I work with Brian Skrudlands neice

That's right I've met Brian Skrudland on many occasions because I played hockey with his nephew, Scott. Scott's dad, Barry, who is Brian's brother was our coach at the time.
Lrocker Posted - 03/28/2007 : 09:15:49
I know I am showing my age, but in the early eighties I met Phil Russel. He was buying milk at the local store.
Chatted with an excited Craig Conroy after he was traded back to Calgary at the Flames celebrity poker tournament.

"Bye Bye!" John McLaughlin
Guest4406 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 08:34:10
Last night I was out at the bars with my friends and i turn around and in one of the booths was ray emery and mike comrie
juice32 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 08:27:50

I got to meet and chat with Brian Trottier. He was playin a charity game in St. john's NL. He signed a puck for me after the game and tld me that I needed to get a pen that worked......lol. I also got to see Curtis Joseph, he was waiting for a bus.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page