Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Saddledome show

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
willus3 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 19:16:28
Just thought I'd let everyone know i saw a far better show in the Saddledome Monday night than the Flames have put on for a couple years.
I watched a true legend. Mister Slowhand himself.
Fantastic!!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Novie Posted - 03/30/2007 : 05:03:14
Ahhhhhhh, gotcha...see I live in Calgary and didn't even know it was happening! And Clapton is just barely beyond my days that I didn't know his nickname..but great tunes!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
willus3 Posted - 03/29/2007 : 19:11:09
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

quote:
Originally posted by willus3

Excellent Beans! I was beginning to think there was no one out there who appreciates great music.
And Novie i posted it stating that it was a better show than the Flames put on in the Saddledome. I figured it might get a reaction from some Flames fans. Apparently not.
Clapton > Flames

How long did he play for? Highlights?

Well since this was asked by a moderator I feel free to answer.
Robert Cray opened. That in itself was worth the price of admission. The guy is phenomenal. Clapton was fantastic of course. His band was very tight.
He's got an up and coming great playing lead with him. Doyle Bramhall II. Very talented. He played a lot of newish stuff that I'm not that familiar with but also played classics like Cocaine, Wonderful Tonight, Crossroads, Layla. Played a solo Robert Johnson tune. And also covered Little Wing. Didn't play any stuff from his Cream days which was too bad. I guess it wouldn't have been the same without Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce anyway.
Yep I'll take that show in the Saddledome over watching the Flames.
leigh Posted - 03/29/2007 : 16:50:00
quote:

Excellent Beans! I was beginning to think there was no one out there who appreciates great music.
And Novie i posted it stating that it was a better show than the Flames put on in the Saddledome. I figured it might get a reaction from some Flames fans. Apparently not.
Clapton > Flames

How long did he play for? Highlights?
willus3 Posted - 03/29/2007 : 16:16:01
Clapton > Flames
Beans15 Posted - 03/29/2007 : 14:32:04
I heard a a rockin show in Edmonton too.

Clapton is a God!
Novie Posted - 03/29/2007 : 14:24:12
quote:

I wasn't watching a hockey game.

Then what are your comments doing on a hockey forum?

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
manninm Posted - 03/29/2007 : 05:42:10
By far, the best scoreless game I've ever seen. It wasn't a fart-fest like pre-lockout scoreless games. End to end, especially at the end. The goalies just stood on their head. It was a fun game to watch.
willus3 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 19:30:09
I wasn't watching a hockey game.
Guest2892 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 19:18:41
A battle of the goaltenders indeed. Was quite the masterpiece on either end. Not too often you see a game with no goals.

I am cheering on Calgary to maintain 8th....easier opponent for the Canucks to face if the 8th seed makes it that far in the playoffs

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page