Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Cherry and Hull - That will be Great TV!!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Beans15 Posted - 04/10/2007 : 18:40:09
NHL playoff commentary is about to get more colourful on both sides of the border.

Don Cherry is ready to introduce his unique brand of commentary to U.S. audiences.
The CBC's Don Cherry will team up with NBC's Brett Hull for shared segments set to air on both networks during the Stanley Cup final, the broadcasters announced Tuesday.

Details are still being ironed out, but Cherry, the legendary star of the CBC's popular Coach's Corner segment, said he's looking forward to working with Hull, a rookie studio analyst on NBC's Saturday afternoon hockey coverage.

"We're ready, we're ready," Cherry said during a joint CBC-NBC conference call, adding that the new pairing won't jeopardize his longtime partnership with Ron MacLean.

"I'd always stick with him," Cherry said of his Coach's Corner sidekick. "Him and I have something going pretty good. He keeps me on the right track."

Hull, known during his brilliant two-decade playing career as one of the NHL's most outspoken personalities, said he's long admired Cherry's opinionated style.

"It's going to be an honour to be on with Don," Hull said. "I've been a big fan for a long time. He's very talented at what he does."

Cherry, Hull high on Ducks

Hull predicted his new partner's act would go over well with U.S. audiences.

"That's a part of the thing that's missing in all coverage, not just hockey, in the American sports world - some personality," Hull said.

The pair also offered their predictions for this year's playoffs, which are set to begin Wednesday.

Hull sees Buffalo taking on Anaheim in the final, while Cherry envisions an Ottawa-Anaheim championship series.

"I like Anaheim for a lot of reasons," Cherry said. "I like (forward Teemu) Selanne. And (goalie J.S.) Giguere has been there before - he was the MVP" of the 2003 playoffs, when Anaheim lost to New Jersey in a seven-game final.

While he favours the Senators in the East, Cherry cautioned they've drawn a tough first-round opponent in the Pittsburgh Penguins, who will visit Ottawa for Game 1 on Wednesday (CBC, 7 p.m. ET).

"If Ottawa doesn't do something this year, there's going to be a lot of guys paying the price," Cherry said, referring to the Senators' past struggles in the playoffs. "They can't choke again."

Flames worth watching

Cherry also said fans should also keep an eye on the Calgary Flames, who open their Western Conference first-round series against the top-seeded Detroit Red Wings on Thursday (CBC, 7 p.m. ET).

"There's something about that Calgary club that reminds me of old-time hockey," Cherry said. "They're all scared up and everything like that."

Hull agreed, likening the Flames to last year's Edmonton Oilers, who also went into the playoffs as the eighth seed in the West and made it all the way to the Cup final before losing to Carolina in seven games.

"If there's a team that reminds me of Edmonton last year, it's Calgary," Hull said. "I don't understand their difficulties on the road but they're unbeatable at home.

"If there is one team that has home-ice advantage in the NHL, it's the Calgary Flames. It's an intimidating building to go into."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2007 Bell Canada, Microsoft Corporation and/or their contributors. All rights reserved. Terms of Use Advertise Privacy Statement About Us
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mikhailova Posted - 04/11/2007 : 14:01:11
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

Well there you go Mik. Now you'll be able to see what Cherry is all about. Enjoy!

Yay! That should be fun
manninm Posted - 04/11/2007 : 06:09:30
I dunno...it's alright. I get to see Cherry on HNIC, which is pretty sweet, but I can't stand Hull. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
PuckNuts Posted - 04/11/2007 : 05:57:39
I wonder if Cherry will hit him in the head with an elbow pad, initiation of coarse...

Hull and Cherry seam to say what is on their minds, should make for some interesting intermissions...

There are: People that make things happen, people that watch things happen, and people that wonder what happened, who are you...
Saku Steen Posted - 04/11/2007 : 03:46:19
This will make the playoffs even better!!

Viktor Kozlov is also my hero!!!
Guest4009 Posted - 04/10/2007 : 21:56:22
I like Brett Hull, and I love Don Cherry. Two good Canadaina boys doing well on TV is always good. Yes, Hull is a Canadian, too. Dual citizenship.
willus3 Posted - 04/10/2007 : 19:16:58
Well there you go Mik. Now you'll be able to see what Cherry is all about. Enjoy!

"Go chase headlights!"

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page