Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Cliff Fletcher Deja vu?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cujofan31 Posted - 04/12/2007 : 10:41:13
I'm putting this out there because no one else has yet...amazingly enough. First off, I don't have any sources on this topic, nor do I think this is a great idea or a bad idea. It's strictly something that I'm going to toss in the water and see what I catch.

Here's my question that I want to bounce off everyone. With the "house cleaning" in Phoenix and both Cliff Fletcher and Mike Barnett getting the heave-ho, do you think this may open a possibility of Fletch coming back to T.O.?

I'm seeing deja vu about this situation. Here we have a hockey team that is a complete mess from MLSE right down to the guy who is currently removing the ice for floor boards at the ACC.Fletch looses his job in the desert. The Leafs could be (I said "could) in the possition to let Fergie Jr. go. The Leafs haven't made the play-offs in the last two years. We have a owner/corporation who is basically running this once great team into the ground. Does any of this sound familiar?

Do you think that bringing back Fletch to the blue and white would be a great plan, or do you think it would just be a sad attempt to bring back 1993? That's also if all the cards fell into place and MLSE actually decided to lure Fletch back.

Thoughts?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BigShow Posted - 04/12/2007 : 16:04:53
He was the GM in Calgary, and extremely successful during the mid80s (For a non-Edmonton team at any rate). After he left Calgary he went to Toronto, and then proceeded to pick the pocket of his former assistant, Doug Risebrough.

He brought Gilmour to Toronto, from his former team, for the lint in his pocket...

Toronto was actually somewhat successful under Fletcher. In 92/93 they had their most successful season to that point- 44 wins and 99 points. Since he left in 97 they have hit 45 wins 3 times.

Since he left Toronto he hasn't done near as well... in Tampa 99-01 and now Pheonix 01-07.
willus3 Posted - 04/12/2007 : 14:18:36
Ol' Cliff is a putz. It sounds like a Leaf thing to do though. It wouldn't surprise me if they sign Ryan Smyth either. It just seems like something they would do.

"Go chase headlights!"
Beans15 Posted - 04/12/2007 : 11:54:18
Did he win in TO before?? He just finished running Phoenix into the ground, why give him the chance to make the Leafs even worse than they already are??

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page