Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Atrocious Reffing in Ottawa - Pittsburgh Series

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
willus3 Posted - 04/16/2007 : 18:24:08
Anyone else notice how bad the calls were in this series thus far? Malkin gets called for a hook that was a joke. Then Fisher gets a hooking call for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Just two examples for both teams. I know there is more going on that the refs can hear on the ice but still, the rfs have been lousy.
Thoughts?

"Go chase headlights!"
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 04/19/2007 : 07:09:33
I have noticed a lot of inconsistancy as well. If interference happens at centre ice it is called, but in the offensive of defensive ends it is not.

Also, Crosby was getting man-handled pretty good in the first two periods of the last game and they were not making the calls. I noticed at least three times there should have been a call and the ref was right there.

Overall, the games are keeping a decent flow and the calls are happening. But between series, there seems to be a different standard. A call in the Buff-NYI series would not be called in the Ott-Pitt series.
manninm Posted - 04/17/2007 : 05:51:49
I think the reffing has been pretty bad all around the NHL in the playoffs. There's been major inconsistency - especially with the end of the regular season. It seemed like the refs were letting things go toward the end of March and early April, but as soon as the playoffs started, they cracked down.

The inconsistency, once again, was the biggest problem with last night's BUF-NYI game. They made some calls that were "borderline" but then let other similar offences go. And the Islanders fans reaction was understandable, yes, but also disgraceful. Fans as a whole should have more class than that. Buffalo could've done the same thing Saturday after Max Afinogenov got called for a phantom hook that led to the game winning goal, but didn't.
Saku Steen Posted - 04/17/2007 : 03:54:43
I dont think the reffing has been that bad in the series but that Malkin call was really bad.

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!
PENSFAN8771 Posted - 04/17/2007 : 00:19:08
I was watching the game with my friend who is a Senators fan and we were laughing about some of those calls the first couple times. The calls eventuallually just got annoying though. At least they were going both ways. On the otherhand, most of the Penguins penalties have been on undisciplined plays in the series.
bablaboushka Posted - 04/16/2007 : 21:46:38
I'm never one to really complain about reffing but how about that NYI-Buffalo game. That was brutal and even though it may not be the best way to react, the fans had every reason to throw their junk on the ice. Some TERRIBLE calls made in that game.

And for all you McGeough haters out there, I just finished watching the Sharks game ( guess who won?) and he reffed a very good game, I was impressed. Probably one of the best-reffed games I've seen these playoffs.
Huntman Posted - 04/16/2007 : 18:45:46
I thought the reffing was amazing

Calgarys reffing sucked

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page