Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Islanders fans

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
manninm Posted - 04/17/2007 : 06:44:17
So, does anyone think the Islanders fans have officially supplanted Flyers fans as the worst in hockey? After last night's display, I think they have. I mean, if it were the uproar for the officiating, that's one thing. But swearing during a moment of silence and booing the national anthem singer? That's just classless. It demeans the sport.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Saku Steen Posted - 04/18/2007 : 03:32:57
It was just disgraceful. I dont really care about the littering of the ice (it was a really bad call, I have to say) but swearing during the moment of silence? Come on, I hope the NEVER happens again.

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!
PainTrain Posted - 04/17/2007 : 16:42:37
When they we're booing during the moment of silence i felt so bad for the families that could be watching and the fans also threw towels and beer cans on the ice when Randy Robitaille got a penalty and the islanders didn't really have a chance of winning being shorthanded.
Kashmire Posted - 04/17/2007 : 16:24:18
Tough croud eh? It's a shame...31(?) dead and there is booing during the silence to respect them. That's disgusting.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 04/17/2007 : 15:06:58
Thats horrible and distasteful, and everything that is wrong. We should honour and remember the victims, not yell profanity and boo. Shame on the people of the Island.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
Mikhailova Posted - 04/17/2007 : 14:39:15
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Mik aren't you in Virginia? Are you near to the city where the shootings happened?

No I'm in Maryland. Virgina Tech is about a two hour's drive from here. But my neighbor goes there and I know a few people at school who go there/were planning to go there. They're alright though.
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/17/2007 : 13:45:14
That was horrible what they did. Gary Bettman was also in attendance. I dont think he was very thrilled when that happened.

Always next year!!
leigh Posted - 04/17/2007 : 13:34:02
yah there is no need for that. but lik mik says we shouldn't judge a city by the actions of a few. Every city has its moments from time to time.

Mik aren't you in Virginia? Are you near to the city where the shootings happened?
hithere311 Posted - 04/17/2007 : 13:17:38
All those 100 fans at the stadium making noise!
bablaboushka Posted - 04/17/2007 : 13:14:49
Yeah the moment of silence was for the Virginia Tech shootings and the anthem singer was pretty good, which is why I didn't understand why anyone would be booing...
leigh Posted - 04/17/2007 : 13:05:51
I missed the game. What was the moment of silence for? the school shooting? was the anthem singer that bad?
Mikhailova Posted - 04/17/2007 : 12:28:10
Islanders fans always seemed to have a lot of spirit for the game, but from the acts manninm described, I'd say that automatically qualifies those involved as the worst fans (you can't slam the whole fanbase based on one incident, I'm sure there are those who would've been appalled). But of the participants, it was rude and classless, and shouldn't be done at a hockey game or anywhere.
bablaboushka Posted - 04/17/2007 : 08:47:54
I couldn't believe how loud some fans were yelling during the moment of "silence", that was truly distasteful and disgraceful. Did they think they were being funny?

I thought I heard some booing during the national anthem but then I thought to myself that it wouldn't make sense... Guess it wasn't just me who heard it...

I would be embarrassed if I was an Islander.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page