Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Semin kicked off russia

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leafsfan1 Posted - 04/18/2007 : 14:14:25
Alexander Semin was kicked of team russia

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=204661&hubname=

that is so dumb the reason is because he arrived late for a practice that is so stupid

Sens Suck
Habs Suck
Leafs Rule

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mikhailova Posted - 04/20/2007 : 12:08:30
quote:
Originally posted by tctitans

This is simple Mik... Money.

Ah, I should've known. That seems to be the an$wer to everything these days...

quote:
The NHL is a business and that is the bottom-line. The bottom-line is not to win, it's to make a profit.

OK, but what about the NCAA? They let Toews keep playing even though he was arrested. But as for Semin, PuckNuts is right. There's got to be something more that we don't know about. The whole situation was so bizzarre, and pretty confusing with the web of who called whom when from where. It could've been a simple misunderstanding, but who knows...

But what the heck, Russia still has Ovechkin, Fedorov, Frolov, and Malkin's free now. Plus home ice. I guess they figure they have nothing to lose.
B-rett10 Posted - 04/20/2007 : 05:57:56
I personally think they shold of kept Semin because of his shot in the slot and he would really help Russia on the 3rd or 4th line.
PENSFAN8771 Posted - 04/19/2007 : 21:35:43
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

Since Semin has chemistrey with Ovechkin they would just kill in the playoffs. Like i think Russia would prefer to win than lose and with Semin they're winning chances go up.

If they would "kill" in the playoffs, then they would at least be good enough to make the playoffs. I don't think that just being on the same team makes them automatically have good chemistry. It would be nice to see Semin playing, but not because Ovechkin is on the team. This is a foolish TALENT decision, but it may ultimately be a good DISCIPLINE decision by making an example.
Huntman Posted - 04/19/2007 : 19:44:25
I dont care
i am a true canadian Fan
i put molson canadian in my waterbottle

Rock out
tctitans Posted - 04/19/2007 : 19:11:34
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:

This is not an unusal situation at all, especially for 'old schoolers'.

Well his agent seemed to think it was.

And BTW--Willus, if hardline is the way to go with athletes, why wasn't Toews kicked off North Dakota's team for being arrested? Why weren't Belfour and Peltonen suspended for being arrested?

This is simple Mik... Money. The NHL is a business and that is the bottom-line. The bottom-line is not to win, it's to make a profit. That is why it is better to look elsewhere and to other teams/competitions to get a better comparative example...
PainTrain Posted - 04/19/2007 : 18:14:41
Since Semin has chemistrey with Ovechkin they would just kill in the playoffs. Like i think Russia would prefer to win than lose and with Semin they're winning chances go up.
willus3 Posted - 04/19/2007 : 11:40:48
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:

And BTW--Willus, if hardline is the way to go with athletes, why wasn't Toews kicked off North Dakota's team for being arrested? Why weren't Belfour and Peltonen suspended for being arrested?

Because the management for their respective teams don't have a hardline mentality. That's up to them. I'm just saying that discipline would go a long way with a lot of current players.

Also my commie comment was in jest. To clarify for those who didn't know how to take that.

"Go chase headlights!"
Mikhailova Posted - 04/19/2007 : 11:30:25
quote:

willus3 Posted - 04/19/2007 : 06:40:46
The commies don't tolerate individualism. They would have perceived his lateness as a lack of respect or arrogance. No one is special." We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world." - Tyler Durden
I completely agree with TC. Hardline is the way to go with athletes. If they aren't committed to the team, get out. Kudos to Russia.

"Go chase headlights!"
tctitans Posted - 04/19/2007 : 06:03:24
I can only think that many people are surprised about this because they have never played at an elite level for a serious team. This is not an unusal situation at all, especially for 'old schoolers'. Building a team is about dicipline, dicipline, and dicipline. There is no room for individuals or anyone who does not make the commitment to the team their paramount priority. This is old school, but very common. Athletes these days are different than they used to be. They are softer, make tons more cash, have more of an *I* mentality, and so on - of course this is just a generality as there are lots of classy respectable athletes still.
I don't have the particular details, but if Semin was late because he didnt make it a priority to be on time (ie. there wasnt a good reason) then I applaud the Russian team for their stance and their entire team will be better off. A dicipline team working as a team is not the easiest thing to foster, but this no tolerance stance of ideals is a good start.
semin-rules Posted - 04/19/2007 : 05:52:42
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

Saku, why was Leafsfan1 kicked off?

He was bieng disrespectful and was givin to many warnings

back to the topic....

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
SlowShot Posted - 04/18/2007 : 20:39:06
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts

Well after reading the article there is more to it than meets the eye with this situation...Most teams I would think (If you want to win) will try to put the best possible team on the ice...I am interested in the whole situation...

Lead, follow, or get out of the way...

I agree completly. There has to be more because ive never heard of someone being kicked off a team for being late after travaling continent to continent

Go Stars
PuckNuts Posted - 04/18/2007 : 18:39:19
Well after reading the article there is more to it than meets the eye with this situation...Most teams I would think (If you want to win) will try to put the best possible team on the ice...I am interested in the whole situation...

Lead, follow, or get out of the way...
Canucks Man Posted - 04/18/2007 : 17:00:40
Well I dont think they should have kicked him off, it was pretty clear that Semin could have shown up on time, and the rest of the players managed to be their on time so if that was the punishment for missing a practise without a good excuse then he got what was coming to him, I dont think it lowers there chances all that much though, they already have a really good team.

And Saku, why was Leafsfan1 kicked off?

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Saku Steen Posted - 04/18/2007 : 16:28:21
Some people are late, so why is it such a big deal if Semin is late once...

PS, arent you kicked off this site, leafsfan1?

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/18/2007 : 15:21:01
Now because of this Russia will definetely not win the WHC.That is horrible they are not letting Semin on the team. Him and Ovechkin would have been dynamite together. Semin is a great young player in the league and will not be playing for Russia because he was late to a practice.

Always next year!!
-oil-country- Posted - 04/18/2007 : 15:08:44
That is so stupid because I am of course rooting for Canada but i don't think they'll go far and I think Russia has a legitimate chanc but with Semin off the team there chances are falling.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 04/18/2007 : 15:04:54
its crazy that Russia doesnt put Semin on the team, especially with him and Ovechkin having such good chemistry. This is an importatnt tourney for Russia, only cuz they need a new transfer agreement with the NHL. I think that if Russia wins then they will most likely not make the transfer agreement.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
semin-rules Posted - 04/18/2007 : 14:25:55
Aw well. If Russia doesn't want their best player to play, then it's there loss. Semin would have played great for them and if they would rather have him not play then miss a couple hours of the many practices they will have, then that is just pathetic.

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
Mikhailova Posted - 04/18/2007 : 14:20:53
That's ridiculous. Belfour, Peltonen, and Toews have been ARRESTED and not kicked off their teams.

Russia's not doing its team a favor by not letting Semin play. They're going to be depleted already with several good players in the playoffs, so what do they do? Kick off another good player! Good one, Nemchinov.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page