Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Crosby/_________ Duo?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
willus3 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 06:29:15
Sorry IHC I'm not done talking about Crosby yet like you are.
If you could take any player in the league, who would you choose to be the other half of a Crosby duo? A duo that would be the likes of Gretzky/Kurri or Kariya/Selanne.

"Go chase headlights!"
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/04/2007 : 18:37:14
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

quote:
Originally posted by Guest8372

quote:

If you could take any player in the league, who would you choose to be the other half of a Crosby duo? A duo that would be the likes of Gretzky/Kurri or Kariya/Selanne.

Some more that hasn't been mentioned.
1. Jarome. Power, speed, grit and finish
2. Nash. Power, size, speed, grit and finish
3. Morrow. Same as Jarome not quite the finish though younger
4. Getzlaf. What a shot he has and he'll play defence
5. Vanek. See Nash.
6. Blake from NYI or Smyth
7. Drury. Imagine what would happen in the playoffs?? Mr. clutch, I'd like to introduce you to Sid.

I like Gabby, Heater and Vinny too.

Anyone of those guys playing with Sid would be at 50 in 50.

Getzlaf, yes. Great pick there. This guy is going to be great. Crosby to Getzlaf...he scores....

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"

Mr. clutch just sent the sabres-rangers game to OT

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
willus3 Posted - 05/04/2007 : 14:17:39
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8372

quote:

5. Vanek. See Nash.
7. Drury. Imagine what would happen in the playoffs?? Mr. clutch, I'd like to introduce you to Sid.

Getzlaf, yes. Great pick there. This guy is going to be great. Crosby to Getzlaf...he scores....

Guest8372 Posted - 05/04/2007 : 12:22:59
quote:

5. Vanek. See Nash.

Guest0962 Posted - 05/04/2007 : 11:42:05
sorry but this another irrelevant topic to even be discussing,
the penguins drafted malkin and staal for a reason. give them another year or so and im pretty sure they will all be 50 goal scorers in no time.
im surprised no one picked staal, hes a natural goal scorer, and hes only 18!!!!
GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/04/2007 : 10:25:35
well if ovechkin and crosby were on the same team they probably wouldnt be on the same line...one would probably get sent to a different line to strengthen it...but at the same time on the fly you could just send both of them out there to wreck the net haha

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was a one hundred percent effort that you gave - win or lose. -Gordie Howe
willus3 Posted - 05/03/2007 : 14:59:13
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

Would it be lethal? Wouldn't it be a little too much skill? Think about it, if there are 3 guys that are amazing players all playing on the same line, wouldn't they want the glory and hold onto the puck? I agree that it would be a great line but I think that sooner or later, someone will just hog the puck.
Just my opinion

~~~Don't think about where your going, think about where you going to go~~~

And I wonder which one it would be? Hmmm.....

Mikhailova Posted - 05/03/2007 : 14:58:41
Well, it'd be lethal for a little while at least. But if you put any great player on a line with another star player, they'd probably start hogging the puck in any case. Good point though, it is better to have more balanced lines, with the good players spread out more. Like Buffalo
semin-rules Posted - 05/03/2007 : 14:36:40
Would it be lethal? Wouldn't it be a little too much skill? Think about it, if there are 3 guys that are amazing players all playing on the same line, wouldn't they want the glory and hold onto the puck? I agree that it would be a great line but I think that sooner or later, someone will just hog the puck.
Just my opinion

~~~Don't think about where your going, think about where you going to go~~~
Mikhailova Posted - 05/03/2007 : 13:40:16
When I think of a Crosby duo, I think of either Ovechkin or Malkin. Probably because Malkin's on the same team, and Ovechkin is often mentioned alongside Sid when talking/debating about young talent. Though really, I could see either one of those players as part of the Crosby duo. Or what about a trio? Crosby-Malkin-Ovechkin. Man that line would be lethal.
Beans15 Posted - 05/02/2007 : 20:42:25
I can appreciate what many of you are saying, but let's think about the great duo's in the league today. Cheechoo/Thorton, Lecavalier/St. Louis, Hossa/Kovalchuk, Spezza/Heatley, Sedin/Sedin, Nylander/Jagr.

What do they all have in common??

My opinion is that they compliment each other, they are not very similar. Cheechoo is the yin of Thorton's Yang. All of these duo's are a yin and yang except the Sedins. They are twins, that's not fair. The other thing that is common is they can all skate with each other and keep up.

So, how is Sundin the yin to Crosby's Yang?? Think about Crosby's biggest strengths. Great vision, solid skater, good stick handler. Would it make sense to put another player like that with him?? Not to me. He would flourish with a good finisher, solid staker, physical presense type of player. Lecavalier and Heatley are the best I have heard. I still think Gaborik with him would be nice to see as Gaborik is more of a finnisher. But some of the other picks?? Not sure of.
Kashmire Posted - 05/02/2007 : 19:16:37
I actually think Sundin would do really well too How are these players at a different level from Sundin? He is probably one of the best players in the league I think. He can control the puck so well, is wicked on the offence, solid on defense and has good size and speed to go with that. He can set-up plays and finish them. He may not be as fast as some of these guys but so what?
Patchy Posted - 05/02/2007 : 19:10:04
quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

I would really like to see Sidney with someone like Patrick Marleau, a big strong guy who can score. Another possibility would be Mats Sundin.

~~Go Leafs Go~~

Marleau would play great together. Sundin I have to disagree, he is just not nearly as skilled as the other players we are talking about.

Yea, I was just kind of throwing him in the mix becuase I like him.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/02/2007 : 18:15:26
"well as long as your being realistic"

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was a one hundred percent effort that you gave - win or lose. -Gordie Howe
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 05/02/2007 : 16:40:50
quote:
Originally posted by GOWINGS19

entitled to your opinion all the same hate...but they are both better at their sports...and richer than you'll ever be

Why would you go and say that? For all you know, I'll come up with something that will blow windows away and replace bill Gates as the richest man.......Then I'll buy Pittsburgh off Mario and move them to a town where I know no body likes hockey, then Like wayne I'll coach the team, and NEVER play Sid...Watch what you say big guy.......Don't forget the real $ is in business and Computers.

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
Saku Steen Posted - 05/02/2007 : 16:16:42
quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

I would really like to see Sidney with someone like Patrick Marleau, a big strong guy who can score. Another possibility would be Mats Sundin.

~~Go Leafs Go~~

Marleau would play great together. Sundin I have to disagree, he is just not nearly as skilled as the other players we are talking about.
Patchy Posted - 05/02/2007 : 13:51:14

~~Go Leafs Go~~
GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/02/2007 : 12:04:33
entitled to your opinion all the same hate...but they are both better at their sports...and richer than you'll ever be

Guest4024 Posted - 05/01/2007 : 23:54:36
wait to ruin a good discussion with that post...
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 05/01/2007 : 23:36:57
I would love to see the crosby/Kobe Bryant duo...If Sid wants to act like a bitch, then he could at least do us the favor of playing a bitch sport, and join forces with the biggest Douche-bag in any league. Then I could make comments about my 2 least favorite atheletes simultaneously, and it would save me a lot of time.

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
freddyboy Posted - 05/01/2007 : 17:21:26
fly4apuck....

these are real nice lines if they come true....omg what a team this would be

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/01/2007 : 17:06:16
first off how crazy would a highlight real be with any of those dou's ripping down the ice with eachother secondly...who would be able to touch a lineup like that canadian olympic team wow if thats not high power...i dunno what is

fly4apuckguy Posted - 05/01/2007 : 10:50:50
quote:
Originally posted by tds1

You're all wrong... LOL, anyone of these guys could "potentially" work, but Crosbey needs an old school tough guy goal scorer type to watch his back like Shanahan or even better, if not the best... Joe Thornton. That guy is huge, not to mention his touch and skating ability when he has the puck... Cheechoo is over-rated and Ovechkin and Hossa definitely create their own scoring opportunities, it's Crosby's Hockey sense that sets him apart from them, or at least in a different catagory. My vote would be for Thornton, he would bring much needed leadership, awareness, experience, and scoring, along with defensive ability. That my friends would be a tandem!

NY Rangers in "07"

I respectfully disagree.

First, Thornton is a set-up man, not a shooter. Crosby needs a shooter.

Second, Crosby doesn't need leadership, awareness or defensive help from Thornton. That would be like the Pope asking for information about Jesus from a rabbi.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
tds1 Posted - 05/01/2007 : 08:10:23
You're all wrong... LOL, anyone of these guys could "potentially" work, but Crosbey needs an old school tough guy goal scorer type to watch his back like Shanahan or even better, if not the best... Joe Thornton. That guy is huge, not to mention his touch and skating ability when he has the puck... Cheechoo is over-rated and Ovechkin and Hossa definitely create their own scoring opportunities, it's Crosby's Hockey sense that sets him apart from them, or at least in a different catagory. My vote would be for Thornton, he would bring much needed leadership, awareness, experience, and scoring, along with defensive ability. That my friends would be a tandem!

NY Rangers in "07"
Guest5103 Posted - 04/26/2007 : 08:01:10
I gotta admit. Crosby with LeCaviler would be SWEET!!!!! but how about this:
Crosby-Briere????

These guys would not be stopped. Maybe JFJ will sign both because he's doing such a great job now!!!!!
fly4apuckguy Posted - 04/25/2007 : 22:09:57
You want scary?

2010 Olympic Team Canada:

Lecavalier Crosby Spezza - first line
Heatley Iginla St. Louis - second line
Sakic Thornton Briere - third line
E. Staal J. Staal Savard - fourth line

Sakic may be too old, but I wouldn't count him out. I could easily sub in Ryan Smyth, Captain Canada. Defence won't even matter.

I could play on the fourth line, and they'd still win.

Tavares will be 19. I wonder....

BigShow Posted - 04/25/2007 : 10:59:15
Vinny and Sid would be awesome too, but they are both natural centers. Sometimes forwards adapt well to other forward positions, sometimes not. At the least it would make for a heck of a scary PP.
fly4apuckguy Posted - 04/25/2007 : 08:02:05
Crosby with Heatley or Lecavalier. That would be amazing.

I watched about 75 Pengiuns games this year (seriously, and yes I need to get out more), and I have to say that Malkin is terribly overrated. I'm a huge Penguins fan, but he does not support either end of the ice at all. He's very much a perimeter, nuetral-zone player at this point. He has the moves and a scoring touch, but at this point, not much else. He's a guy who can disappear for a whole game, but then score a highlight reel goal. I think he'll be more consistent next year (I hope).

Crosby needs someone in their prime (sorry, Recchi) who can finish. If there is one element of his game that is missing, it is a lack of scoring touch. It may develop, but I'm not sure he'll ever be a big goal scorer, so he needs someone who is not afraid to drive the net and who can very simply pick up a pass and deposit it in the net.

Similarly, he needs someone on defence who can score. Sheldon Souray would have 35-40 goals if he was a Penguin (isn't he an UFA?). Ryan Whitney missed more opportunities off of Sid's passes this year than you can imagine. If he had scored on just one of five great chances he was set up for, Sid would have had 160 points, not 120.

Gonchar...don't even start with him. The laziest player in the NHL. He couldn't get motivated to break a sweat if his family was in danger.

Guest9641 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 15:25:59
as much as i hate crosby, i think him and heatley would make a great duo. Both have the natural ability to score and make amazing plays on the ice. Heatley is more of a grit player who comes out with the puck in tight situations and would make a perfect wingman for crosby.

go sens
bablaboushka Posted - 04/24/2007 : 15:08:38
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

Crosby and Lecavalier. Crosby is a crafty playmaker that has the abillity to make everyone around him look good and Lacavalier is power forward that is a goal scoring machine.

I like this one the most. As good a playmaker as Crosby is, I would ideally like him with someone who could reciprocate a little, something Lecavalier can do. Both are also natural finishers and Lecavalier is also a physical player. I think these two would complement each other very well.
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/24/2007 : 14:38:35
Crosby and Lecavalier. Crosby is a crafty playmaker that has the abillity to make everyone around him look good and Lacavalier is power forward that is a goal scoring machine.

Forecheck+Backcheck= Paycheck!!!
Mikhailova Posted - 04/24/2007 : 13:18:14
Crosby/Selanne

Great playmaker + great goal-scorer =
Beans15 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 11:43:20
Saku, I strongly disagree. Crosby has proven to be a playmaker that can finish, not a finisher who can playmake. Putting Savard with him would be a great display of passing, but in the end, I think many plays would be overpassed and not finished.

And Willus, you are dead right with saying Heatley physical presence would help Crosby. But since we are talking about something that we all know will not happen, I would say that they physical presense for the line would come from who ever they were with. Big guys that could skate with Gaborik and Crosby, there are many. Pittsburgh could today could put Ruutu, Malone, or Staal on that line that would give the physical play to complete that line. Man, Staal could get 40+ a year just standing in front of the net with his stick down.
Saku Steen Posted - 04/24/2007 : 11:34:36
Crosby/ Savard

I think that would be something to watch. Crosby could do all the scoring while Savard sets him up.

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!
willus3 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 11:23:01
Gaborik is a great call too but I like Heatley because of the physical presence he brings. A duo that would play that physically and score goals would be so much fun to watch.

"Go chase headlights!"
BigShow Posted - 04/24/2007 : 10:43:53
In hindsight i'll have to rescind my Hossa for Gaborik. Beans is bang on there.
Beans15 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 10:40:13
I am thinking Crosby and Heatley together would be a better fit than Hossa or Ovechkin. Heatley is more of a Brett Hull type sniper while Ovechkin and Hossa are self-set up players. Cheechoo would be another good fit for Crosby in that kind of role. So would Vanek, Stastny, or a younger Rolston. However, I think all of these players would benefit more from Crosby than Crosby would from them.

Ultimately, my pick would be Gaborik. I think that those guys would throw a fit into this league for the next decade. I think they would play off each other very well and could easily fit the role of the scorer or the set up man depending on each situation down the ice. Both are very fast, strong on the puck and have the hockey sense to shoot or pass at the right time.

Crosby/Gaborik would be amazing!
willus3 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 10:06:48
I'd love to see him play with Heatley. I think there styles would work very well together. They both play physically. Crosby could set Heatley up for 60 plus a season. Heatley could set Crosby up for 50. I can dream...

"Go chase headlights!"
PuckNuts Posted - 04/24/2007 : 07:15:43
Crosby / Ovechkin now that would be a combo...

We could see who is the best, there will be no he played with better players, or he was on a weak team, or he had a body guard, he played during the high scoring NHL, BLA BLA BLA, I could keep going...

This way there would not be another Gretzky / Lemieux debate over Crosby and Ovechkin in 15 years...

Lead, follow, or get out of the way...
Thrasher17 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 07:05:58
I think Crosby is already playing with a great player in Malkin.
Malkin has already shown that he can play great with Sid and the two of them are only going to get better.
This guy can score goals and make great passes too.
BigShow Posted - 04/24/2007 : 06:54:25
Crosby/Hossa.

Despite his collapse in the playoffs, i think Hossa would do exceedingly well with Crosby.

He's got the wheels, and the tools.

He doesn't seem to have a big head, and played second banana to Kovalchuk last year, putting up career high points. He is a pretty good playmaker, and would make Crosby look even better than he already does. Hossa has really picked up on defensive awareness the past couple seasons, and playing with a guy like that would be nothing but great for Sid.

Hossa would not only benefit on the ice, but would have Sid's raging need to win pushing him on. I think they would feed off of each other really well.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page