Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Gilles Duceppe is a craphead!!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest7005 Posted - 05/03/2007 : 19:15:44
Who here thinks that Gilles Duceppe and his bullcrap party friends are full of crap?? Shane Doan is a good canadian who represents Canada well for us and Duceppe wants to defame him by accusing him of racial profiling against french canadians. (mainly Quebecers)

Gilles Duceppe can take his province and shove it if he thinks that!!

When life hands you a Leaf, rake it and burn it...
23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fly4apuckguy Posted - 05/07/2007 : 19:08:35
To all my French Canadian brothers and sisters out there... I am not from Quebec. Your countrymen do not dislike you. We do, however, despise it when stuff like this comes up. It is a pathetic attempt to drive a deeper wedge between us, and it is almost always perpetrated by your politicians. Sadly, I do detect a veiled defence of these knobs.
That is why we have problems. It seems like common sense went bye-bye for many of you long ago, and was replaced by fear and loathing of your countrymen.
Ditch the attitude, grab a Molson's, and just chill. Doan didn't say anything.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
Mikhailova Posted - 05/07/2007 : 12:54:10
quote:
Originally posted by The_only_Odelein_fan

I don’t think it's jealousy but it's due to the all time dispute of the French vs. English present in our country since the 17th century

Come to think of it, Britain and France have never liked each other. If you're gonna start a hissy fit every time they insult each other, you'll never have a moment where you're not angry.
Guest9930 Posted - 05/07/2007 : 11:15:16
Folks the only reason the dumb politicians are jumping on this issue is to buy votes for a possible upcoming election. If it was a majority govermnment, there probably wouldn't be as big an issue on "the hill".

You want to have a unified Canada, here's what you do. Let Quebec seperate, Canada then invades Quebec and takes back the land and claims Quebec as a part of Canada. Done and done! :)
The_only_Odelein_fan Posted - 05/07/2007 : 06:08:14
quote:
Originally posted by Buddyno2000

I'm French Canadian and I couldn't care less what people say about that, Doan might have called the Ref a frog but he would not be the first one to do it so, and don't get me the wrong way on this but the French Canadians can be really cocky and believe me on this 'cos I know what I'm talking about, living in a French part of New Brunswick (close to Quebec). The problem is that a lot of French Canadian are jealous of the English community. I'm not saying eater side is better (english or french) but life would be so much easier if people stopped going nuts and saying he called him a frog , he called him a square head lets make his life miserable. stop taking everything personal, its not like its a hate crime or something c'mon. I know I shouldn't point finger a anyone but the French Quebecers are responsible for most of that crap.

“I never did say that you can't be a nice guy and win. I said that if I was playing third base and my mother rounded third with the winning run, I'd trip her up.” Leo Durocher

I'm a French Canadian too, and I just want to understand why English people call French ones "frog" if it's only French people who are jealous of English people. I don’t think it's jealousy but it's due to the all time dispute of the French vs. English present in our country since the 17th century. I know what you want to mean by "cocky" but I think it's natural to try to preserve our language and be proud of our culture. But I think we don’t have to judge anybody for the language he speaks. For the Doan controversy I also think that goes too far and he just called a ref a frog not all of the French Canadians. I think that Duceppe like to bring controversy because he doesn't have any power and he wants some attention.
Guest4096 Posted - 05/05/2007 : 18:34:24
you're so lame dude...

I meant to call him a s***head...

[ADMIN EDIT, Content Removed --- Play nice!----]
Guest7497 Posted - 05/05/2007 : 16:53:16
Ya i heard Jack was taking shots at doan as well. But crap head...seriously is that the best you can come up with? or are you afraid of calling him a stupid frog...
Mikhailova Posted - 05/05/2007 : 16:18:01
I bet a lot of players call refs frogs or something of the like (though maybe not out loud). What proof is there that he was saying it because the ref was French Canadian? Maybe he just didn't like the call, refs do make a lot of dumb ones.

What if some French Canadian player said something like this to an English-speaking Canadian ref? Would there be any trouble like this about it? I doubt it. It's just the Bloc separatists looking to stir up bullcrap.
Guest0178 Posted - 05/05/2007 : 15:48:21
easy buddy, I'm french-canadian as well, Not all french people want separation.
Guest0776 Posted - 05/05/2007 : 12:50:28
IHC you are the reason why this happened ppl just like you, no one knows what he said and really who care's you french are all just whinny ppl, just seperate already then we don't need to hear this crap anymore, it's game not a war. christ sakes.
Buddyno2000 Posted - 05/05/2007 : 10:55:33
I'm French Canadian and I couldn't care less what people say about that, Doan might have called the Ref a frog but he would not be the first one to do it so, and don't get me the wrong way on this but the French Canadians can be really cocky and believe me on this 'cos I know what I'm talking about, living in a French part of New Brunswick (close to Quebec). The problem is that a lot of French Canadian are jealous of the English community. I'm not saying eater side is better (english or french) but life would be so much easier if people stopped going nuts and saying he called him a frog , he called him a square head lets make his life miserable. stop taking everything personal, its not like its a hate crime or something c'mon. I know I shouldn't point finger a anyone but the French Quebecers are responsible for most of that crap.

don't take any of this personal, you guys here are all great lol.

“I never did say that you can't be a nice guy and win. I said that if I was playing third base and my mother rounded third with the winning run, I'd trip her up.” Leo Durocher
leafsfan_101 Posted - 05/05/2007 : 08:58:15
I heard on the radio he called the French ref a "frog". I don't know what it means but in the context he used it it was very bad. I think that people are blowing this out of preportion but I can see both sides of the coin. I am not French-Canadian but I think that if I was and I thought Doan made this comment I would be pretty pissed off to know he is leading our team.

I doubt Doan said what he said on purpose, it was a heat of the moment thing. Shane Doan doesn't look like a guy who would say something like that on purpose, and he doesnt look as if he would say it at all.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
bablaboushka Posted - 05/05/2007 : 08:18:01
I also don't doubt that he said whatever he did, in fact worse things have been said. I bet 99% of us have said something that could have qualified as a "racial slur" without even knowing it. I know I have. I certainly never meant it though because I am not a white supremacist or anything, but in the heat of competition, I have probably recited every word in the "Swear Dictionary" at least once. Competition naturally does that to most people.

All I've heard that he's said so far is something like "effing Frenchman". As a French-Canadian, I don't see how that is a slur in any way. The word "effing" (for cleanliness) is used in front of everything. And if Doan referred to Cormier as a Frenchman afterwards, then he did nothing other than refer to him as what he really is. If he made some kind of comment about the fact that four French officials were working their game against Montreal, then it is simply an observation that, to me, was worth noting with humour/suspicion. Now I know the issue is now deeper than the actual words he said, but I just thought I would share my opinion about it. I agree with IHC that this is not solely Duceppe's doing and that this is really an attack by committee. But I do defend what Nicholson did on Doan's behalf. Maybe not some stuff he said as I didn't hear his whole shpiel but the fact that the President of Hockey Canada would pationately and emotionally defend his players in the way he did shows me that he is behind our players 100% and that is a good thing for Canadian hockey.
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 05/04/2007 : 23:27:20
Here's a big suprise (sarcastic tone).....I disagree with all of you......

WRT the Doan incident, I have no doubt the allegations are true. even guys like Ray Ferraro admit it's probably true, when you're in the middle of a game, you do say stupid s***......Seeing as Quebec is a large part of this country, I don't like the idea of some anti-francophone player captaining the team....I don't think is was actually Duceppe himself who decided to throw this tantrum, I think it was a language commitee or something, so don't make a habit of slamming the wrong people w/o doing your research..... you would flunk out of university in a heartbeat for making such unjustified claims.......Plus that is slander........My point is make sure you guys actually know WHO brought Shayne Doan under the gun before you run your mouth and improperly influence people....Cause I think Duceppe himself does have bigger issues to deal with...He might have backed the idea after having it proposed(As I personally believe he should), but it wouldn't be Duceppe himself who would concoct this all alone....The fools on the sports stations are saying the exact crap you guys are saying, and you don't really understand (even at a laymans level) how the system works...So I really urge you guys and girls to keep your mouth shut about it!!!!

and on a final note Bob Nicholsons "he's a Christian" call shows how dumb that guy is......Open up a history book guys and girls, and I bet you'll hear about some devout Christians who have said and done some dumb things in the last 2007 years...Or better yet go down to the local church, I bet you'll hear some Christians say some inappropriate/slanderous stuff...News flash people, being a Christian doesn't automatically mean your a 4-star human being.

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/04/2007 : 22:42:56
for anyone who is from anywhere but canada this should enlighten you on what is being talked about...http://www.dobberhockey.com/content/view/289/1/ I wanna know how on earth shane could possible shadow anything by being a captain is beyond me...something once again minor blown out of proportion for personal gain in politics

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
Guest7088 Posted - 05/04/2007 : 19:17:01
and he makes his "countrymen" (mainly separatist quebecers who think they can live apart from Canada...good luck bitches) look stupid because he drags them down with him.

Shane Doan is a devout christian (not that I am...) so I seriously doubt he would utter any type of racial slur towards french people.(I'm french-canadian by the way and don't care what people slur at me)
Mikhailova Posted - 05/04/2007 : 12:58:59
Man what a dumbass this guy is. This is ridiculous, all those Bloc-types looking to stir up trouble for the rest of Canada...

Seriously Duceppe, your province is not a separate sovreign country, you're a part of Canada. Stop creating cases against your countrymen to cook up excuses to make everyone else feel sorry for you.
freddyboy Posted - 05/04/2007 : 09:18:10
im a a french quebecers and i think the Doan incident did go really too far

its the same as if Vinny Lecavalier go in ontario and tell the ref that are from there "squarehead" i dont think it would do such a plate....

i know we (quebec people in general) are stupid in a way, thinking about being a country is the only thing we should live for, but i can use my judgement to see that its a minor incident.

form a french quebecer and proud of it ( but is able to see thing as they are)

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Buddyno2000 Posted - 05/04/2007 : 09:00:02
This is just another proof that those ***** Quebecers (speaking in general no ofense to any off you out there) think they are the world, They think everyone's life are based on them, this is just another part of there getting a Quebec team in the Olympics plan. And Gilles Duceppe is a separatists so for sure he was going to complain if the Canadian didn't have a Quebec player as a team captain, that they way they are and that is never going to change.

''The future ain't what it used to be''. Yogi Berra.
manninm Posted - 05/04/2007 : 08:12:16
Oh, and by the way Canadian politicians, Doan just had a natural hat trick to lead your team to a 6-3 victory against Belarus. Granted, it's Belarus, so not that impressive, but they were down 1-0 when he started the scoring.

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
BigShow Posted - 05/04/2007 : 07:07:58
This is so unbelievabley stupid...

Useless Liberal and Bloc politicians trying to make politcal hay out of anything they canget their hands on...

Props to those MPs that opposed this BS. Particularly Mahavolich and Dryden, who actually have insight into the hockey world.
Guest0962 Posted - 05/04/2007 : 06:07:33
quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

I cant believe that Canada would even come up with this. Your running a country and thats what your concerned about! Come on Canada! I heard Bob Nickelson did a good job.

those guys in parliament honestly need to get a life and worry about the real issues on whats going on in our country/world. its that effin block party we have in canada, crying and stiring crap up as usual. just shut up, you probably get more than benefits than the rest of the country, what more could we possibly give the effer's. doan has been on team canada for years now, hes well deserving, maybe i wouldve picked ryan smyth, is he even there or? anyways, what he supposedly did happened 2 years ago. give it a rest already. that ref is gonna have to go in hiding now, haha, what a douche bag.
Saku Steen Posted - 05/04/2007 : 03:39:42
I cant believe that Canada would even come up with this. Your running a country and thats what your concerned about! Come on Canada! I heard Bob Nickelson did a good job.
fly4apuckguy Posted - 05/03/2007 : 21:47:34
I am going to find out which meatheat politicians are behind this besides Layton and I am going to make sure no one I know votes for them. I may even go door-to-door. It's unreal that someone would trash Doan (who wouldn't say you-know-what if his mouth was full of it).

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page