Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 CBJ in trouble

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jack Kayden 66 Posted - 11/29/2005 : 10:34:16
How do you sit your captain in the press box as a healthy scratch??? There are some major problems going on in Columbus right now. I know coaches use the press box to send a message when players are under performing but I can't remember the last time a captain had this happen to him. I feel bad for Luke Richardson. Obviously he had no choice but to give up the "C".
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bablaboushka Posted - 11/30/2005 : 19:33:04
I hope Rick Nash doesn't get it, he's way too young. My vote is for Foote when he comes back.
Jack Kayden 66 Posted - 11/30/2005 : 08:50:11
I agree that the press box is a great tool for sending a message to underperforming players - including star player like Mogilny. I just think if you are sitting your captain, then there are some major problems with the team in general. A captain's job is to lead his team by example, and bring them together and motivate them by being a voice in the dressing room and on the ice. How can a captain do this from the press box? It is obvious to me that Gerard Gallant felt Richardson was not doing the job as captain and put him in a situation where he was forced to "give up" the C rather than have it stripped. I just hope Fedorov doesn't get it but with that franchise I wouldn't be surprised.
bablaboushka Posted - 11/30/2005 : 05:52:53
You're right about the statement that it sets a message among players, moreso with the captain. Captains cannot possess the popular motto of "Nothing can happen to me" when they play, and so if they underperform, they are treated as any other player in the same situation. Even though he isn't captain, Mogilny had to sit out a couple games as a scratch for NJ. It shows that teams' top-scorers, along with captains, are not immune from wake-up calls.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page