Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 OH MY GOD THORNTON IS A .... SHARK?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bablaboushka Posted - 11/30/2005 : 19:38:18
NHL.COM NEWS:
The Boston Bruins shipped the superstar forward to San Jose for forwards Wayne Primeau and Marco Sturm and defenseman Brad Stuart, the Sharks reported on their web site Wednesday.

This is unbelievable. Of all players to get traded in Boston, they dish their captain and team. I don't even understand why. Sometimes it's for cap room, but Thornton is the franchise player! Why not dish Murray or Samsonov who could still generate a relatively profitable return and still clear some good cap room. I completely side against the Bruins, and regardless if SJ sent out some hot young guys, I think they (SJ) got the sweet end of the deal.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dallasj Posted - 12/05/2005 : 12:03:00
It's a shame that a great sports city like Boston is stuck with owners that don't seem to concerned with putting a winning team on the ice and only care about the bottom line. The Bruins were in a slump, but had the foundations to build a solid franchise between Raycroft and Thornton, now all they are left with is a Calder Trophy winning goalie and a bunch of spare parts.
bablaboushka Posted - 12/04/2005 : 20:40:39
You said it yourself, we can't be too quick to judge who got the better end of the deal, thus saying Thornton may have been the problem is very weak. He led the team, not only in scoring, which he did, but in the locker room too. I still can't understand though why he got traded, when like I said earlier there are plenty of other guys who could have been moved. Thornton is still young and a beast on the ice, one of few who can score. He wanted to be there, and it was a good fit for him. He really could have led that team for years among years to come, kind of like an Yzerman for Detroit.

Side note: Sturm = Beginner's luck
pucker Posted - 12/02/2005 : 09:15:01
Boston seems to be doing ok with Sturm helping out in a 3-0 win over the best in the league last night. Maybe Thornton was the problem in Boston. Sometimes change is neccessary and I wouldn't be too quick to judge who won the trade until we see if either of these teams can push for the playoffs.
Ripley Posted - 12/01/2005 : 13:33:05
Unbelievable. Beyond that I'm speachless.....
Ryan Harper Posted - 12/01/2005 : 09:23:15
Whoever gets the best player wins the trade. Its pretty apparant that the Bruins got fleeced on this one. Stuart and Sturm are average at best and Primeau was a throw in. Why would the Bruins give up on their franchise player? Same reason they paid Martin Lapointe $5 million per season to play on the third line. Idiots running the show.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page