Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Cloutier out for 4 months

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ryan Harper Posted - 12/13/2005 : 15:11:34
Cloutier will undergo knee surgery and will be out of the lineup for the next 4 months. Looks like it was a bit more serious than the Canucks originally lead on.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nazzy_19 Posted - 12/16/2005 : 17:01:23
i agree partly, yet the rum and eggnog may be hitting me a bit hard. the canucks will have to make a move before the playoffs if they want to have any chance of making a legitimate cup run. being a legitimate cup contender doesn't mean d*** until you're able to make it past the first round. myself, and i think a lot of canuck fans, are scared that trading for a #1 goalie may diminish what our team has in the dressing - what we've built for many years now. our core group of players, fan favorites and elite players alike, all make significant contributions in their own ways... on the ice, or off. trading for a kolzig or biron may bring more of a burden psychologically than anything else. in order to make our team better we have to realize who we can drop without lowering morale, and who we need to keep around so our team stays at the top of the division.
Donald Beckett Posted - 12/16/2005 : 09:47:34
You're drunk Nazzy. Auld is not a #1 guy. Sure let him play while he is on a bit of a streak but when it comes time for the playoffs Nonis better step up and make a move.
nazzy_19 Posted - 12/15/2005 : 21:33:03
stick with auld, and maybe acquire a backup goaltender for him so maxime ouellet isn't hung out to dry ... in case of another injury. he's just had a solid east coast swing, and nonis would do good to let him gain a bit of confidence, if not experience, for a while on his own. the canucks are doing just fine right now without having to make any major team changes. that sense of complacency has seemed to dissapate over the last week or so anyways...
bablaboushka Posted - 12/15/2005 : 11:21:32
I realize this probably won't happen, but I say let Auld be number 1 while Cloutier's out. This is his big chance, and the way he's been playing, he deserves it. This is how goalies become number 1's, they get their shot and shine. I like Auld because I've seen him as a Moose (I'm from Manitoba) and I'd love to see this guy become a starter.
Donald Beckett Posted - 12/15/2005 : 09:24:07
Buffalo has got 3 nhl caliber goaltenders in Noronen, Biron (11 straight wins) and Miller who is supposed to be the goalie of the future. It would be in the Canucks best interest to not have to trade a goaltender to acuire a goaltender and Buffalo could make this happen. The question is do they want a #1 guy in Biron or a #2 guy in Noronen? Personally, I would go for Biron.
Ripley Posted - 12/14/2005 : 15:17:51
What about Cujo?
leigh Posted - 12/14/2005 : 15:17:07
Hooray!!!!!
pucker Posted - 12/14/2005 : 09:18:28
The Canucks should ride Auld while he is playing well. What a performance last night in NY. I think they will end up getting a veteran to be there if Auld slumps. Maybe Roloson from Minnesota could help.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page