Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Quit - prusoff

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pucker Posted - 12/23/2005 : 16:33:11
Isn't it a bit early to pull out of the Olympics due to injury? How does he know how he is going to feel come February? Quitter.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leigh Posted - 12/24/2005 : 18:16:35
Oh. something else I heard but I have no idea if it is true. Apparently Kipper and some of the Finnish Olympic Execs have some past baggage that might be influencing his decision. Who knows how much politics is involved??

I don't think it's about the $$$. He's had a taste of the glory (03/04) and is keeping his eyes on the prize. Good for him.
leigh Posted - 12/24/2005 : 18:08:36
Easy there Pucker...you musn't have have watched that game last night. Your Canucks got there asses handed to them (again) by an "inferior & boring" team. The nucks are on a slide and the top three teams in the Northwest are only separated by 2 points. The only good sign for them last night was that they didn't let in a short-handed goal.

;-)

But back on topic...If Naslund gets hurt in the Olympics then you'd be crying a different story. Besides does Finland really have a chance with or without Kipper? No offense to them, but probably not. If they had a real chance at a gold or even a medal maybe it would be worth the risk.

Of course we'd play in the olympics if we were given a chance but we're a bunch of couch coaches with absolutely no chance of going. Talk is cheap.

Right now, as a Calgary fan I'm happy he's chosen to rest.
nazzy_19 Posted - 12/24/2005 : 11:24:06
i would agree that yes, it is garbage. if i had a chance to play in the olympics i'd jump in with both feet. obviously kipp is all about the $$$ and not about representing his country.

ps. we're talking about a #1 elite goalie here, and nazzy's injury isn't anything major. he managed to play through it without any noticeable difficulty. plus, nazzy's a warrior, and we all know he plays for sake of the game. any chance he has to represent sweden he'll take with no questions asked.
pucker Posted - 12/23/2005 : 22:14:30
That's garbage. Naslund has a nagging groin injury but he is going to suck it up and play. I guarantee if any Canadian Olympic team player has a bit of an injury come February they will also suck it up and play. If Kiprusoff is hurt now then he should deal with it now.

Oh yeah, and the Flames are not going on another run this playoff season. Don't kid yourselves.
leigh Posted - 12/23/2005 : 22:06:38
From what I hear Nazzy 19 is right. Sutter commended him on his decision too. When you've got an injury that nags it's best to rest when you have the chance.
nazzy_19 Posted - 12/23/2005 : 16:49:22
the countries had a deadline to announce their teams... so i guess kipper is more committed to his contract in the NHL than he is to representing his country in turin. if he aggravated that injury at the olympics it could mean that his playing team would be limited leading up to the playoff push, maybe even into the playoffs. i don't know if calgary can afford an injured kipper, especially if they're going to make a legitimate run a second time around...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page