Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Tucker - That's using your head!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ripley Posted - 12/26/2005 : 23:17:49
Darcy Tucker (Toronto), what were you thinking? Can you say suspension? I have to say that in all my years of watching the game I don't think I've seen any one take off their helmet and then beat the other guy with it! The league will be looking at that for sure. I say 3 game suspension...should be 5 at least though.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leigh Posted - 12/29/2005 : 00:39:03
The first swing I can believe but I have a hard time with the second toss. If it was ok then why did he get a fine of $2500? It always seems that you get a suspension based on the outcome and not the act itself. I always wondered about that. Oh well, Tucker is a gritty player and not really that dirty so I can see them (the league) letting it go but I wouldn't be surprised if he is on their radar now.
Kosikutioner Posted - 12/28/2005 : 05:35:46
Even Cam Jannsen said he didn't think Tucker did it on purpose, the helmet did no damage and it was completely accidental, I don't think he deserved a suspension.

When the ref told him he got a match penalty he had no idea what for, take a look at the tape. He had no idea he even hit the guy with it.
nazzy_19 Posted - 12/27/2005 : 21:24:34
i thought it was sweet... they need to have some 'hardcore' match games, where they're allowed to bring in garbage bins and tables to smash other guys, and bodyslam them on the ice.

wait a second, they already had that in prince george this year...
leigh Posted - 12/27/2005 : 21:20:50
Well it looks like he got away with it. I'm a little surprised he didn't get a game though.
pucker Posted - 12/27/2005 : 10:53:52
It almost looked like he didn't know he had it in his hand. He is a bit of a moron. Entertaining scrap though. I don't think it deserves a suspension.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page