Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Super Player

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PainTrain Posted - 10/26/2007 : 22:33:24
Out of the active players only.

You take one players skating ,shooting ,intelligence ,grit, passing and leadership. And you make a Super Player.

You can only use one player once for each category.

I want to see some answers before I post mine.

Eat,Sleep,Watch Hockey,Play Hockey
The Perfect Life!
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PainTrain Posted - 03/30/2008 : 13:08:27
quote:
Originally posted by Datsyuk 1

Skating-Boogard

Boogard the best skater!? You look on that same team and you'll find a 10 times better skater. Goes by the name of Marian Gaborik. He's kinda good at skakting.
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 03/30/2008 : 12:47:57
skating-Ovechkin
shooting-Heatley
intelligence-Sakic
grit-Tucker
passing-crosby
leadership.-Lidstrom

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Datsyuk 1 Posted - 03/30/2008 : 12:19:56
Passing-Ovechkin
Skating-Boogard
Shooting-H.Sedin
Grit-Naslund
Stickhandling-Getzlaf

Good defense is good offense!
Thrasher17 Posted - 03/30/2008 : 11:16:40
Shooting: Kovalchuk
Skating: Gaborik
Intelligence: Lidstrom
Passing: Savard
Stickhandling: Ovechkin
Leadership: Sakic
n/a Posted - 03/28/2008 : 13:38:08
Skating - Ovechkin
Shooting - Ovechkin
Intelligence - Sakic
Grit - S. Niedermayer
Passing - Thornton
Leadership - Sakic

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
mytor4 Posted - 03/28/2008 : 12:25:10
quote:
Originally posted by pensfan17

quote:
Originally posted by mytor4

i don't need to put a bunch of players together to get a super player. he's already playing .his name A.O. by far the best overall player in the nhl today.

57 career losses,46 shutouts and 5 vezina trophys.6 Stanley Cup rings in 8 yrs

So you're saying that Ovie is the best passer in the league, the grittiest player in the league, the best leader. Come on mytor have some creativity

No your right on the creativity part and really on everything you said.I just think that A.O. is the closet thing to perfection i have every seen in a hockry player. Not saying his better than Gretzky or Lemieux just that he is the complete package. Some say Iginla is the best all around player in the league. I think Iginla has lacked consistency throughout his career. I also believe that O.V. has overall better abilities such as goal scoring,passing one on one rushes,one on two rushes. All i give Iginla the edge on is his fighting ability and leadership . If A.O. natural languge was english i wouldn't even give Iginla the leadership one. Iginla is a great player but just falls second to the many abilities of A.O.

pensfan17 Posted - 03/28/2008 : 07:54:29
quote:
Originally posted by mytor4

i don't need to put a bunch of players together to get a super player. he's already playing .his name A.O. by far the best overall player in the nhl today.

So you're saying that Ovie is the best passer in the league, the grittiest player in the league, the best leader. Come on mytor have some creativity
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 03/28/2008 : 05:13:41
Shooting: Ovechkin
Intelligence: Crosby
Grit: Avery
Passing: duh, THORNTON
Stickhandling: Kovalev
Leadership: Tossup between Sakic and Crosby. KIDDING, Sakic by a mile

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
mytor4 Posted - 03/27/2008 : 18:15:50

Guest4912 Posted - 01/09/2008 : 09:02:40
you like my chioces hey bean although it was a tough choice beetween marty mcsorly and chris simon for sportsman ship
hockster Posted - 01/08/2008 : 16:49:43
Iginla is the Best all around!!!

irvine Posted - 01/08/2008 : 16:19:13
Current players:

Skating - St. Louis
Shooting - Kovulchuk
Intelligence - Crosby
Grit - Chara
Passing - Thornton
Leadership - Sakic
Stick Handling - Crosby

Louischukbyratonic! is my players last name. must be european. :D haha

Retired:

Skating - Gretzky
Shooting: Lemieux
Intelligence: Orr
Grit - Orr
Passing: Gretzky
Leadership: Messier
Stick Handling: Gretzky

Gretzeuxrrier. Frenchie!
Irvine
tbar Posted - 01/08/2008 : 12:14:48
skating-Gretz
Shooting-Sakic
Intel-Lemiux
Grit-Shanahan
Leadership-Yzerman
Dangels-Bure
passing-Crosby
Beans15 Posted - 01/08/2008 : 10:20:36
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4912

Skating- Peter Worrell (breakaway speed, smooth skating)

Shooting- Ryan Smyth (aboslute laser)

Inteligence- Donald Brashear

Grit- Wayne Gretzky (fighting machine, demon in the corners)

Leadership- Reid Simpson

Sportsmanship- Marty McSorley

Passing- Georges Laraque

Dangles- Tie Domi

How can one think of a more perfect player. This is amazing!!!

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Guest4912 Posted - 01/08/2008 : 10:19:06
Skating- Peter Worrell (breakaway speed, smooth skating)

Shooting- Ryan Smyth (aboslute laser)

Inteligence- Donald Brashear

Grit- Wayne Gretzky (fighting machine, demon in the corners)

Leadership- Reid Simpson

Sportsmanship- Marty McSorley

Passing- Georges Laraque

Dangles- Tie Domi
Guest4912 Posted - 12/21/2007 : 09:34:48
skating- pavel bure (sick speed)

shooting- kovalchuck (beats any goalie)

intellagence- lecavalier ( amazing vision of the ice)

grit-scott steavens ( cant get more griteir than that)

leadership- joe sakic (team canada captian big acomplishment)

passing- marian hossa( him and kovalchuck are killers)

dangels- sam ganger ( absolutly sick, oh and he is proven killing almost every shootout this year)

.........nuf said
PuckNuts Posted - 12/18/2007 : 07:17:34
Skating- Gartner
Shooting- Hull
Intelligence- Orr
Grit- Goring
Leadership- Yzerman
Passing- Gretzky
Dangles- Lemieux

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Axey Posted - 12/17/2007 : 07:14:37
quote:
Originally posted by pensfan17

Skating- Gaborik
Shooting- Kovalchuk
Intelligence- Crosby
Grit- Roberts
Leadership- Sakic
Passing- Thornton
Dangles- Gagner

I was actually debating on changing my player to gagner .. did you see his shootout attempt the other night? Didn't score but the stickhandling was unbelieveable
pensfan17 Posted - 12/16/2007 : 17:44:49
Skating- Gaborik
Shooting- Kovalchuk
Intelligence- Crosby
Grit- Roberts
Leadership- Sakic
Passing- Thornton
Dangles- Gagner
admin Posted - 12/16/2007 : 16:17:44
EVERYONE DITCH THE CROSBY DEBATE AND STAY ON TOPIC PLEASE
Bleeding Blue and White Posted - 12/16/2007 : 12:53:22
Skating - St. Louis
Shooting - Kovalchuk
Intelligence - Lecavalier
Grit -Holmstrom
Passing- Lecavalier
Leadership - Sundin
Stick Handling - Crosby

~Long Live the Leafs~
Guest7007 Posted - 11/09/2007 : 21:07:41
Skating- Gaborik - He's so fast he seems to always leave his groin behind
Shooting- Kovalchuk - That wrister is a killer but everyone praises his slapper
Intelligence- Lidstrom - Not many has ever seen the game the way he does
Grit- Fisher - truly unheralded
Passing- Joe Thornton - I'll let Glen Murray tell you how good a passer he is.
Leadership- Joe Sakic - No need to explain
Stick Handling- Hemsky - dance little puck, dance. Shoot, Hemsky, shoot.

I'd be willing to swap Sakic and Lidstrom in their respective categories.

BTW, Lecavlier is an awesome player, however it is the combination of all the above that makes Vinny awesome. He would be within the top 5 in almost every categories (not top 5 in speed), but we are only picking the best of the best, so his name is rarely mentioned here.
Axey Posted - 11/03/2007 : 10:11:13
Skating- Raw speed of Konstantin Koltsov, but the ambition to do something with it like Marion Gaborik
Shooting- Alex Kovalev wrist shot, the rest all Jarome Iginla
Intelligence- Sidney Crosby
Grit- Peter Forsberg (without the injury plague)
Passing- Joe Thornton
Leadership- Joe Sakic
Stick Handling- I'm thinkin' either Ovechkin or Kovalev
And hell... lets add the passion of Saku Koivu.
That my friends is the ultimate superstar.
PainTrain Posted - 11/03/2007 : 09:24:10
CanucksMan I'm going to have to disagree with you on Getzlaf for grit. Getzlaf was taken 19th overall in his draft year. He was taken a little bit later because he can be lazy. Doesn't that remind you of Angelo Esposito, 20th overall because he's lazy. While the World Under 17 Hockey Tournament was in my hometown my father talked to one of the scouts and the scout said that for the first 30-40 players in the NHL draft year there skill is all at the same level but they pick the players who have the right attitude. Getzlaf and Esposito were taken later because of that. If they worked hard both of them would be top 5 easy.

Just a story of why Getzlaf can be lazy. When he was playing for the Calgary HItmen he was the Captain but then once he got the "C" he wasn't even trying hard and they took the "C" off of him.

Luckily for Getzlaf he's getting coached by Randy Carlyle who could really make his work ethic get better. And it helps playing with guys like Travis Moen and Rob Niedermayer who have really good work ethics.

So in terms of GRIT I do not think Ryan Getzlaf is the perfect player for that.
Canucks Man Posted - 11/03/2007 : 01:13:59
Wow, this got way off topic. Yet another Sidney Crosby debat. Has the guys play on the ice not made you shut up yet? He has proved he is the best offensive player in the game so for all you who say he is a whinner, I think you are the ones who are whinning so stop being a bunch of hipocrites and get back on topic

Skating- McDonald
Shooting- Ovechkin
Intelligence- Crosby
Grit- Getzlaf
Leadership- Sakic

CANUCKS RULE!!!
fly4apuckguy Posted - 11/02/2007 : 22:47:22
quote:
Originally posted by SuperSakic

quote:
Wow. You really don't watch many Pittsburgh games, do you? Well, I do. In fact, as I've stated elsewhere on this board, I've only missed about 5 (and perhaps fewer) of Crosby's games as an NHLer.

The "Crosby is a whiner" business is a media creation. How do I know? I actually watch the games. A person exposes themself to me as unknowledgable as soon as they start giving me the Crosby is a whiner thing, because they truly have no idea what they are talking about.

You are a highlight watcher. You listen to sports radio. Perhaps you catch the odd commentator trying to make a name for himself (trying to be the next Don Cherry). This does not make you knowledgable about Sidney Crosby. It makes you a follower of the media. This so-called "whininess" that he has ACTUALLY displayed in his NHL career amounts to diddly-squat. It's three minutes out of his four thousand minute career to date. It's like calling Gretzky a fighter because you went on youtube and saw him and Neal Broten fight for three minutes in 1985.

With all due respect, you are out of your element telling me about Sidney Crosby. Watch 170 of his games and then we'll talk. And then you'll apologize for your highlight-snippet review of him as a player, and his character. I am not wrong on this issue, and anyone wanting to call me an elitist for saying so better be able to provide me with more evidence than anyone ever has other than the amount that took place extremely sporadically in his rookie season.

Do they make "whiners" captains, usually? If you actually watched the games, you'd see who stands up for who on that team.

Gary Roberts, if you actually watched the games but obviously don't, has an extremely limited role on that team this year. Some games you barely hear his name. I love Roberts, he's a class guy and a fitness nut, but times waits for no man.

Wow. You got me totally pegged! I only watch highlights and no games at all. Yet, I still feel a compulsion to come on hockey boards and offer up an opinion. Sorry bud, but I think I've watched enough games to have the ability to form some of my own thoughts.

And no, I don't watch every Pittsburgh game that is played. Cause here in TO we only get Leafs games. The odd time we'll get other games on TSN, but mainly Leafs. And that is all I can base my opinion on.
I don't profess to know every little stat about crosby (as you seem to be claiming that you do, and only YOU are entitled to some kind of opinion on him), and nor do I get my knowledge off of Coach's Corner segments. But I have seen a few Pitts games, and it seems like whenever crosby is checked or something there is someone there right away to protect him. I think that I have the right to my opinion, regardless if you like it or not. So don't give me that "I am better than you because I watch EVERY game" business. And please don't try to tell me who I am because you don't know who I am, or what I know, or what I do.

Your opinion does not make you an "elitist" it makes you "pig-headed" because you believe only your opinion is the correct one. Remember, everything is relative. It's all about perspective.

I refuse to apologize for my "highlight-snippet" review of him. You seem to think that the media here in TO shows crosby only in a bad light, but that is where you seem to be out of your element friend. Channels like TSN have propped crosby up like some kind of messiah. All they talk about is crosby this, and crosby that. It's like a circus surrounds him all of the time.
I remember las tyear in the all-star game, all they asked every other player was "so, what was it like playing with crosby?". Even Sakic was asked the same thing after he had 4 points and crosby had none! How do you disrespect a guy like that? It starts to wear on a person after a while. If you say that I have a "highlight-snippet" view of him, I think that you are guilty of the same thing.

It's not like I am saying that they are exaggerating his stats or anything. I am just saying that there are things in him that are lacking. And maybe if he were to improve those flaws maybe I could come to respect him a little more.

And let's not lose sight here. The whole point of my post was to say that I think that Vinnie is a more complete player than crosby. Now, you can throw all the stats at me you want, but that is not going to change my mind. Remember, this is a SUBJECTIVE survey...

Okay, my response...

You admit to not watching many Pens games, and agree that I do. Then you go on to say you have a right to your opinion, because that's what "seems" to happen in the highlights and snippets you see.

Instead of getting defensive, maybe take this time to learn something concrete and not about what "seems to be". Relatively speaking, I am an expert, so that does make my opinion more valid. In our politically correct world, we want to say everyone has an equal voice. In fact, that's not the case. I'm not pig-headed. I'm right. If that offends you, maybe you should ask yourself why you find it necessary to argue with someone about a topic you admittedly do not have a lot of knowledge about. Would you go down to the hospital and argue with a doctor about a diagnosis, and tell him "it's just his pig-headed opinion"? Or maybe, just maybe, could someone know more than you? Think about that without getting automatically defensive, because I'm not sure everything is or should be automatically subjective just to make people feel like their opinions are valid. Some things are true/not true.

As for the Kid, he is treated like a messiah in many ways, but like most Next Ones, there is also a lot of pressure to bring him down. I started another thread based on this, as a matter of fact. It's like the natural progression of a famous person - to be hyped, loved, adored, somewhat insulted, disliked, hated, and then later down the road, adored again when you make a comeback. I think it's ridiculous, so I don't fall into the trap. I watch the player and avoid the hype or hate. And if you watched this kid instead of going with what "seems" to be happening, you'd know you're wrong. Sorry, but it's true.
Greg Smith Posted - 11/02/2007 : 10:52:15
You know what, i'm going to make a poll about that one.

After playing in the NHL, it's hard to watch hockey games.
SuperSakic Posted - 11/02/2007 : 10:48:24
quote:
Wow. You really don't watch many Pittsburgh games, do you? Well, I do. In fact, as I've stated elsewhere on this board, I've only missed about 5 (and perhaps fewer) of Crosby's games as an NHLer.

The "Crosby is a whiner" business is a media creation. How do I know? I actually watch the games. A person exposes themself to me as unknowledgable as soon as they start giving me the Crosby is a whiner thing, because they truly have no idea what they are talking about.

You are a highlight watcher. You listen to sports radio. Perhaps you catch the odd commentator trying to make a name for himself (trying to be the next Don Cherry). This does not make you knowledgable about Sidney Crosby. It makes you a follower of the media. This so-called "whininess" that he has ACTUALLY displayed in his NHL career amounts to diddly-squat. It's three minutes out of his four thousand minute career to date. It's like calling Gretzky a fighter because you went on youtube and saw him and Neal Broten fight for three minutes in 1985.

With all due respect, you are out of your element telling me about Sidney Crosby. Watch 170 of his games and then we'll talk. And then you'll apologize for your highlight-snippet review of him as a player, and his character. I am not wrong on this issue, and anyone wanting to call me an elitist for saying so better be able to provide me with more evidence than anyone ever has other than the amount that took place extremely sporadically in his rookie season.

Do they make "whiners" captains, usually? If you actually watched the games, you'd see who stands up for who on that team.

Gary Roberts, if you actually watched the games but obviously don't, has an extremely limited role on that team this year. Some games you barely hear his name. I love Roberts, he's a class guy and a fitness nut, but times waits for no man.

Wow. You got me totally pegged! I only watch highlights and no games at all. Yet, I still feel a compulsion to come on hockey boards and offer up an opinion. Sorry bud, but I think I've watched enough games to have the ability to form some of my own thoughts.

And no, I don't watch every Pittsburgh game that is played. Cause here in TO we only get Leafs games. The odd time we'll get other games on TSN, but mainly Leafs. And that is all I can base my opinion on.
I don't profess to know every little stat about crosby (as you seem to be claiming that you do, and only YOU are entitled to some kind of opinion on him), and nor do I get my knowledge off of Coach's Corner segments. But I have seen a few Pitts games, and it seems like whenever crosby is checked or something there is someone there right away to protect him. I think that I have the right to my opinion, regardless if you like it or not. So don't give me that "I am better than you because I watch EVERY game" business. And please don't try to tell me who I am because you don't know who I am, or what I know, or what I do.

Your opinion does not make you an "elitist" it makes you "pig-headed" because you believe only your opinion is the correct one. Remember, everything is relative. It's all about perspective.

I refuse to apologize for my "highlight-snippet" review of him. You seem to think that the media here in TO shows crosby only in a bad light, but that is where you seem to be out of your element friend. Channels like TSN have propped crosby up like some kind of messiah. All they talk about is crosby this, and crosby that. It's like a circus surrounds him all of the time.
I remember las tyear in the all-star game, all they asked every other player was "so, what was it like playing with crosby?". Even Sakic was asked the same thing after he had 4 points and crosby had none! How do you disrespect a guy like that? It starts to wear on a person after a while. If you say that I have a "highlight-snippet" view of him, I think that you are guilty of the same thing.

It's not like I am saying that they are exaggerating his stats or anything. I am just saying that there are things in him that are lacking. And maybe if he were to improve those flaws maybe I could come to respect him a little more.

And let's not lose sight here. The whole point of my post was to say that I think that Vinnie is a more complete player than crosby. Now, you can throw all the stats at me you want, but that is not going to change my mind. Remember, this is a SUBJECTIVE survey...
fly4apuckguy Posted - 10/31/2007 : 22:18:51
quote:
Originally posted by SuperSakic

quote:
Originally posted by fly4apuckguy

Crosby needs bodyguards?

Seems to me he scored over 100 points in the NHL with no one protecting him in his rookie year.

How many points did Lecavalier get in his rookie year?

Yes. In fact, that is why they went out and picked up Gary Roberts. So that the kid would stop crying after a brief wind went past him after every shift....He sure does a good job of crying and pouting.

I never said he couldn't score. But I also recall him having the Magnificent One playing with him for half a season. Even though Lemieux didn't rack up the points, his presence alone inspires greatness others....

I am comparing both their abilities at the current time. I believe that is what the survey was asking....Also, going by your logic, you shouldn't have anyone on the list that is older or younger than crosby because that is not comparing "apples to apples".
And I never said that Vinnie is the toughest guy in the league. I just meant that he's the best guy on his team and he doesn't need anyone to stick up for him. He doesn't have to go running behind mommy's skirt if someone gets in his face.

MSC Posted - 10/31/2007 : 21:58:19
Skating - Gaborik
Shooting - Ovechkin
Intelligence - Crosby
Grit - Iginla
Passing - Thornton
Leadership - Neidermayer
Stick Handling - Spezza

SuperSakic Posted - 10/31/2007 : 12:15:03
quote:
Originally posted by fly4apuckguy

Crosby needs bodyguards?

Seems to me he scored over 100 points in the NHL with no one protecting him in his rookie year.

Yes. In fact, that is why they went out and picked up Gary Roberts. So that the kid would stop crying after a brief wind went past him after every shift....He sure does a good job of crying and pouting.

I never said he couldn't score. But I also recall him having the Magnificent One playing with him for half a season. Even though Lemieux didn't rack up the points, his presence alone inspires greatness others....

I am comparing both their abilities at the current time. I believe that is what the survey was asking....Also, going by your logic, you shouldn't have anyone on the list that is older or younger than crosby because that is not comparing "apples to apples".
And I never said that Vinnie is the toughest guy in the league. I just meant that he's the best guy on his team and he doesn't need anyone to stick up for him. He doesn't have to go running behind mommy's skirt if someone gets in his face.
fly4apuckguy Posted - 10/30/2007 : 18:45:51
By the way, the answer is 28.

In their first seasons, Lecavalier got 28 points, Sidney got 102.

To compare them isn't apples to oranges, it's tiny little seed to bid red friggin' apple.

I like Lecavalier, but come on. He's been in the league since 1998, and last year was the first season that could be described as outstanding. And just because he gets into a couple of fights, don't crown him the enforcer of the league just yet.
fly4apuckguy Posted - 10/30/2007 : 18:41:20
Crosby needs bodyguards?

SuperSakic Posted - 10/30/2007 : 10:38:59
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

Lecavalier has it all.

I totaly agree. I believe that he is the best hockey player right now. Unlike crosby, he doesn't need body guards on the ice. Lecavalier IS the body guard of his team! With the exception of Iginla, I don't think there are other players that can do it ALL!

This may actually be a good topic on its own...
SuperSakic Posted - 10/30/2007 : 10:30:05
skating - Gaborik

The rest, just mix Sakic with Lecavalier (why isn't he mentioned more often?)
Guest2684 Posted - 10/30/2007 : 10:02:36
Passing: Thornton
Shooting: Kovalchuk
Grit: Iginla
Leadership: Brind'amour
Intelligence: Lidstrom
Guest6841 Posted - 10/30/2007 : 08:29:20
Skating: Ales Hemsky
Passing: Jason Spezza
Shooting: Alex Ovechkin
Grit: Ryan Smyth
Leadership: Scott Niedermayer
Intelligence: Sidney Crosby
Guest4043 Posted - 10/30/2007 : 00:55:09
Iginla, end of discussion.
Guest4042 Posted - 10/30/2007 : 00:15:01
Skating: Rick Nash
Passing: Joe Thornthon
Shooting: Danny Heatley
Grit: Sidney Crosby
Leadership: Joe Sakic
Intelligence: Henrik Zetterberg
Guest4572 Posted - 10/29/2007 : 22:36:32
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I would take Iginla and mold him with Crosby.

You don't need the rest of the players involved. I think Iginla is the best player in the game today and Crosby will be in the future and for long times to come. Those two have it all. Passing, intelligence, skating, grit, leadership.

That's the only combination you would need.

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.

Finally I have met an Oiler fan who thinks Iginla is the best player in the NHL right now!

Take Crosby's "magic" and maybe skating, and the rest Iginla, he would be the greatest hockey player no doubt.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page