Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 broudeur or luongo

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4680 Posted - 11/30/2007 : 20:11:22
what was the better moment?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
irvine Posted - 06/04/2010 : 18:38:21
Martin Broduer to me, is the greatest goaltender currently in the NHL and yes, perhaps all-time.

To me, Roberto Luongo is a quality netminder, but he is not Marty. Never will be either, I don't think. I don't see Roberto getting near Martin's stats, career wise.

Prior to this season, and during, I had Roberto ranked in the top 5 (Current NHL Goaltenders), on my Top 10 Goalie List.

As of this moment, he has fallen to #7 on that list.

With that being said, to me Luongo is a goaltender who fluxuates a lot. He can be stellar one week, and average the next.

He's not Brodeur, and I don't see him ever being close to him.

Irvine/prez.
Deaner Posted - 06/04/2010 : 15:40:34
Marty is the best goalie of all time hands down. Luongo is killer but my boy marty takes it down, luongo has a long way to go to catch him
Alex Posted - 12/05/2007 : 14:20:39
I know Beans might get on my case for this one, but I want to shy away just slightly from the topic at hand.

You look at all the goalies that become really good, and the majority are French Quebecer. I think Patrick Roy deserves kudos for not only patenting the 'butterfly' style of play, but sparking interest into the rest of his province.

When was the gaolie ever glorified like now? I know of Dryden, Plantue and Sawchuk of the top of my head from the the last millenium, amongst a couple more. But offensivly, the list goes on and on. Gretzky, Messier, Lemieux, Bossi, Richard, Lafleur, Jagr, Kuri... The game simply was focused on offense.

The NHL has tried to get it back that way, because, truly, it is more interesting to watch when more pucks enter the net than not.

But goaltending has become a science. It has taken on a whole new meaning. I think that it's good that maybe we are starting to bring in new prospects from overseas, getting variations of the style native to North America, and seeing the best of what the world has to offer. I think goaltending can be interesting. I find it entertaining to watch Brodeur make the 30 saves a night. Notice that he is never in a highlight reel? He is always in position. And personally, that is fun. It puts pressure on the forwards to get creative, get pretty, and makes the game fun.

You want to make the net bigger, fine. You want limit goalies that handle the puck. But don't take it too far. I've heard, I think Luongo, go on record saying that he might call it quits if the pads are made any smaller. These guys give a lot to be good at what the do. Don't discourage them.

Habs get number 25 this year
Jeremy12 Posted - 12/05/2007 : 12:41:08
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Luongo is amazing. And he's Canadian.

Whassat? So is Brodeur? Whassat? So is Dryden? Whassat? So is Roy? Whassat? So is Belfour? Whassat? So is everyone?

Mhm. don't mess America.

Haha

Kipper for Lundqvist?

Practically every great hockey player in the NHL are Canadian, but their are some American and European greats aswell.

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x49/Jeremy12_24/spezza_sig21.jpg[/IMG]
Alex Posted - 12/02/2007 : 17:51:46
Luongo is amazing. And he's Canadian.

Whassat? So is Brodeur? Whassat? So is Dryden? Whassat? So is Roy? Whassat? So is Belfour? Whassat? So is everyone?

Mhm. don't mess America.

Haha

Kipper for Lundqvist?
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/02/2007 : 17:51:34
Must be the same guest who said that Iginla is a third liner

Luongo is amazing! Maybe the best goalie in the league. Maybe this person is an oil fan?

GO PREDATORS GO
Jeremy12 Posted - 12/02/2007 : 17:50:43
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9049

luongo sucks he dosent know how to play hockey brodeurs way better

luongo doesnt suck wtf are you smokin
he was up for i think three awards last season

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x49/Jeremy12_24/spezza_sig21.jpg[/IMG]
Alex Posted - 12/01/2007 : 17:58:55
Obviously Brodeur's 500th win was a better moment

Maybe not for fantasy owners who own Luongo...

But in one month, in one year, in one decade -- Brodeur's win will remain historic. Maybe, just maybe, some 97 year old hockey fanatic, much like the oldtimer that has followed the MLB's Chicago Cubs for 60 odd years will remember this milestone in Canuck history. Maybe.

Sundin is better at thiry six than most of the NHL
OILINONTARIO Posted - 12/01/2007 : 16:33:46
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0987

I love Luongo and I'd take him on my team (which he is because I bleed Canucks colours)

Would those colours be orange, black, yellow, blue, white, and teal green? Sounds painful.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs.
Guest0987 Posted - 12/01/2007 : 11:45:00
I love Luongo and I'd take him on my team (which he is because I bleed Canucks colours) over Brodeur right now. But, 500 wins is a far greater accomplishment than 3 shutouts.
irvine Posted - 12/01/2007 : 10:50:42
500th win, no matter what goalie, is a far better moment than 3 shutouts. :/

Irvine
Guest9049 Posted - 12/01/2007 : 06:12:58
dont u think that brodeurs better
Guest9049 Posted - 12/01/2007 : 06:12:13
luongo sucks he dosent know how to play hockey brodeurs way better
Guest4132 Posted - 11/30/2007 : 20:44:32
I would have added Brodeur's 116 overall career shutout to pass Sawchuk in combined shutouts, but no biggie. I'm going to have to say out of the 2 would be 500 wins.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page