Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Flames get Boucher?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
goon Posted - 02/02/2006 : 10:08:48
I know Sauve has crapped the bed as a backup this season but goaltending is the least of the Flames worries. Giving up Reinprecht who gives a consistent effort every night was a mistake. Sure Leclerc is decent but I just don't understand the need for Boucher at this point.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leigh Posted - 02/02/2006 : 20:50:50
I have to disagree. Kipper has expressed concerns about injuries and wear and tear. As we've discussed he even turned down the Olympics to ensure he had time to rest and recoup for a couple weeks. I think it's a smart move by the management to pick up a solid back-up goalie. Sauve was ok but Boucher can do the job like a starter if called upon. Adding depth even behind one of the league's best is a smart move down the stretch as the season takes it's toll.

On the other hand I'm puzzled by the Reinprecht move except for the possibility that he was the kicker to make the goalie switch happen.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/02/2006 : 12:18:50
This was the most useless trade of the season for both teams, so it comes for one obvious reason: to shake up the teams, hoping to create a bigger spark. Maybe also as a kind of threat saying that if you don't perform, you're not safe.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page