Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Canadian Women Dominating Olympic Hockey!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leigh Posted - 02/12/2006 : 10:54:24
These ladies know the game! 16-0 vs Italy, 12-0 vs Russia. Good job! Unless there is a weird turn of events it will be the US vs Canada final. It'll be a great game to watch.

I hope the other nations don't get too discouraged, but rather, use the lessons learned to keep improving their program and maybe within a couple winter olympics we end up with hockey as competitive among nations as the men's side.

16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dallasj Posted - 02/21/2006 : 21:25:23
Talking to a friend of mine in Sweden today, I asked him if the Sweden womans team beating the US got a lot of reaction. It didn't apparently, guess woman's hockey has further to go than we thought.
leigh Posted - 02/20/2006 : 16:25:16
No kidding Ryan! I'll tell you what, the ladies can play! And compared to even 2 olympics ago, their game is way faster and much more entertaining. I'll watch this calibre of hockey any day.
Ryan Harper Posted - 02/20/2006 : 07:51:36
This thread shows how far Women's hockey has come. A bunch of dudes talking women's hockey - wow. Any females out their have an opinion? Mine is that Canada will destroy the Swedes today.

bablaboushka Posted - 02/19/2006 : 20:31:06
Ha yeah I guess I am a little confident... :)

Yeah Canada is getting owned, simply put. It's pretty simple, they're playing as an all-star team as opposed to just a team. I still don't understand why they haven't put Spezza in yet to play with Heatley, but that's just me. Canada has no dynamic duos on the team or any kind of chemistry whatsoever. They are playing against trapping teams and individuals vs. the trap usually yields one obvious result. I won't defend the way they are playing because frankly they're embarrassing, and so is the US. But this is still early (sort of) and if you qualify into the cross-overs, everything that happened in the round robin means nothing. Canada started out weakly in 2002 and still managed to shine when it counted (that plus a semi-final against Belarus, HAHA). No one is out yet, except Italy and Kazakhstan.
Ripley Posted - 02/19/2006 : 19:15:57
A cross-country / cross border flight to spit shine my boots? Oh baby this just got interesting! hahahaha!!!! I know this site is called PICK-UP hockey but this is bringing it to a new level.

Yes it is very doubtful that you will be flying all this way but that is not my point. My point is that you just don't know. When there is something on the line, the US women have beaten Canada at more international events than Canada has beaten us. So if Sweden can beat the Yanks then they can do the same to team Canuck. All I'm saying is, it is ok to be confident...just not cocky.

By the way I felt bad for your boys again today. 2 nothing loss to Finland. It's David vs. Goliath and so far David is kicking ass and taking names. I rest my case.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/19/2006 : 15:15:29
We'll see, that's all I have to say.

In Canada's defense, we lost to a team with one of the biggest surprise goalies in the world this year in Gerber. I can back that up with any of his stats this year with Carolina. I don't think the US should be too proud of a tie against Latvia though either... That added to the women's team choking.

Ripley: This is how confident I am that the Canadian women will win tomorrow... If the Swedes win, I'll fly first class to San Jose and kiss your boots and then shine them!
Ripley Posted - 02/18/2006 : 20:01:33
I can't believe you guys. Everyone was sure it was US and Canada (me too) and now that we (US) got beat everyone is sure that Canada is going to walk away with it. Didn't we learn anything? There is no sure thing in hockey and you Canadians should know that considering the Suisse just tagged your boys 2 zip today! Wise up fellas!
pucker Posted - 02/18/2006 : 19:07:04
I guess I was wrong about the seven game series thing. I shouldn't have disconted the Swedes. I disagree with you Bablaboushka - I was looking forward to a Canada/US final. You are right that Canada will blow out the Swedes and take the gold but I find it a bit anti-climactic.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/17/2006 : 20:16:57
The US losing made my day. Guaranteed Gold for Canada. Just no chance Canada can lose to the Swedes. In this case, the "Anything can happen" rule is discounted. Can't wait to see by how much!
dallasj Posted - 02/17/2006 : 13:02:32
So much for that best of seven idea. The US had every chance to win today but couldn't get it done.
NuckH8R Posted - 02/14/2006 : 09:16:59
Last I heard Canada was up on Sweden 7-1. The Swedes were supposed to be a competitive team along with the Fins but we all know it will be Canada/US in the final. The US will bring Canada back down to reality and show them a good game - I think the US will win.

I like the 7 game series idea.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/13/2006 : 10:16:15
LOL, what an irrational yet seemingly entertaining concept.
pucker Posted - 02/13/2006 : 09:43:47
Instead of watching these blowouts - why not just make it a Canada/US seven game series for the Gold and then let the feeble European teams fight it out for the bronze.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/12/2006 : 21:26:30
I certainly won't disagree, though Canada's record against the 'Ricans doesn't lie...be prepared to be happy with a silver!
Ripley Posted - 02/12/2006 : 18:16:02
Our US girls beat Germany 5 - 0. You Canucks are going to have a fight on your hands for the gold!
bablaboushka Posted - 02/12/2006 : 13:57:33
Not that Canada will have any trouble, but Sweden is quickly gaining on these teams and they are the runaway bronze medallists.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page