Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 How Badly will Leafs Fans hopes be Dashed?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 02/29/2008 : 08:09:48
The Leafs have been on a roll, moving from the dungeon to the mid-basement. If they continue to play decently, how badly will the hopes and dreams of the Leafs Nation fare, once they fail to reach the playoffs . . . again?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Antroman Posted - 03/03/2008 : 21:09:28
Hey Axey.........Be extremely careful about what you wish for!!!!!!!! The Leafs are not as bad a team as what some of you think they are. Without the Raycroft experiment and the McCabe injury they would be in the playoffs right now. They are at this time a .500 hockey team. I bet that surprised some of you, didn't it? The next five games are going to determine the season and then you might see them revert back to "tank nation" if things don't continue to go their way. There is still time to rejoin the Stamko's Cup race but the Blue and White will never quit. Ottawa is toast........No defence........No Goalie........end of the line. Notawa will never win the Stanley Cup.........They have had their chances......blew it four times against the Leafs and didn't show up against Anaheim..........Goodnight Nurse...........
Datsyuk 1 Posted - 03/03/2008 : 20:46:41
proctogolist (sp). If you are going to post make it worthy or don't post at all. K now on topic, The leafs will be a few points shy and blow there draft pick because Sundin is going "balls to the walls". No offense to all the leaf fans.

Good defense is good offense!
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 03/03/2008 : 17:28:53
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

I say they ruin everything by missing the post-season as well as messing up their high draft options in the process. Isn't that the nature of the beast that we call the Toronto Maple Leafs?

Habs get number 25 this year

Thats exactly what will happen lol. Nothing ever goes well in toronto.

Go Stars
Proctologist Posted - 03/03/2008 : 17:04:14
leafs suck

butt doctor
99pickles Posted - 03/03/2008 : 16:23:33
Keep in mind that this decade around you can finish slightly above last and still get the #1 pick...as opposed to the 80's when first pick overall was automatic or 2nd last meant 2nd pick. But to watch Ballard do the things he did. That SOB cut his nose off to spite his face.

Blood boiling again.....
Alex Posted - 03/03/2008 : 12:50:16
This time it is worse though because they have the chance for good draft picks and will make bad on them by going farther than where they should be to rebuild, a.k.a last in the conference, or around there.

Personally, I would rather see a first round Montreal Toronto than a Toronto team that blows good picks.

All aboard the Price bandwagon
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 03/03/2008 : 12:47:05
The Leafs will not make the playoffs. Just like last year, they are and will put up a good run but they will finish just short., making Leafs Nation depressed once again.

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Axey Posted - 03/03/2008 : 10:36:52
Im a hardcore habs fan .. they will miss the playoffs a few points shy .. but i would like to see him in the playoffs in the 8th position so my beloved habs can sweep them 1st round
99pickles Posted - 03/03/2008 : 01:33:48
...said the Leafs fan who's sig line is "let the Stamkos sweepstakes begin".lmao!

Sooo, hoping to MISS the playoffs then?? Hoping for last place, then?? Well, if that's all you have to hope for, then hope away my friend!

So touchy...it was just a little joke ! Btw, I grew up blue and white so I know how you're feeling. Are you old enough to actually FEEL the pain of the Ballard years?? You don't know pain until you lived through something like that. Just thinking of that guy boils my blood....
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 03/02/2008 : 04:55:32
quote:
Originally posted by 99pickles

Leafs fans have hope? (just kidding)

Here's a little joke for ya: What did the Leafs give up for lent this year?? They gave up all hope.

Haha wow Pickles very creative...im almost dying of laughter.

99pickles Posted - 03/02/2008 : 01:30:45
Leafs fans have hope? (just kidding)

Here's a little joke for ya: What did the Leafs give up for lent this year?? They gave up all hope.
Guest4444 Posted - 03/02/2008 : 00:43:52
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

I say they ruin everything by missing the post-season as well as messing up their high draft options in the process. Isn't that the nature of the beast that we call the Toronto Maple Leafs?

Yes.
Alex Posted - 03/01/2008 : 15:48:49

MarkhamMax Posted - 02/29/2008 : 08:16:43
I voted 'back to reality' - and I hope I'm right. Because unless they pull a rabbit out of their hat (trick) and win the whole shabang, performing well and not winning will only undermine their real needs, which is to gain a higher position in the draft.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page