Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Does Anybody Know?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dallasj Posted - 02/20/2006 : 18:23:02
I was looking at the standings for the round robin and trying to forsee the quarterfinal matches based on what could happen tomorrow but what has me puzzled is what the tiebreaker is. Is it the result of the head-to-head match or goal differential? For example: Canada beats the Czechs while the Swiss tie with Italy, they would be level on points, Switzerland won the game between the two but Canada would have a much better goal differential; so who finishes second? In soccer, the result of the match is the first tie-breaker, but I can't seem to find any info regarding this anywhere.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
goon Posted - 02/21/2006 : 07:21:08
The Canadian women were criticized for running up the score in the first couple of games and their defense was that the goal differential rule made them do it. From this I assume that it would be goal differential that would break any ties.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page