Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Top 30 Post Lockout

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Posted - 03/04/2008 : 18:13:12
I think this will possibly help find the right balance we are looking for... It is easy, not as exciting as top 50 since 1967, but a lot more accurate than top 20 since '93, and this way ANYONE, I mean ANYONE can join.

By no means am I trying to compete with the success of the other two games... I am looking to offer an alternative that can go hand in hand.

I will continue to participate in the other game, Top 20 since 1993 by the way. Now, I want this to be extremely organized; therefore, I am making a seperate topic for signing up / comments. Please ONLY post here to nominate or second or vote.

Please do NOT tell other members we are waiting for them. And debate in the other topic.

I expect to get a pretty good turn out... don't disapoint me boys!

ThorntonisTHEMAN, Datsyuk1, NashPreds, PainTrain, HabbsBiggestFan, PuckNuts, GoStarsGo, Semin1, PensFan, LeafsRockthePlanet, LeafsFan_101 -- I am expecting you!

Of course, our ''vets'' i.e. Willus, Beans, Antroman, Andyhack, Irvine, Slozo... you are all invited, I just have a feeling, the mods especially, might not want to. But if you want to, be my guest!

Comitee
Alex
Ethan
PainTrain
shinnyafterschool
Pasty7
Gostarsgo12
Keith
*HabsBiggestFan
*ThorntonisTHEMAN

*Leave of absence

1: Alexander Ovechkin
2. Joe Thornton
3. Sidney Crosby
4. Martin Brodeur
5. Nicklas Lidstrom
6. Pavel Datsyuk
7. Daniel Alfredsson
8. Dion Phaneuf
9. Jarome Iginla

40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 05/06/2008 : 20:27:21
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

Alex, we need to find a way to resolve this problem. I like Shinny's idea so we could use that.

I almost forgot about this its been a while anyway lets organize the list and try to get on a role like the one we were on for a while. Lets just try to maybe pick the right players this time though

Go Stars!!!
PainTrain Posted - 05/03/2008 : 09:43:28
Alex, we need to find a way to resolve this problem. I like Shinny's idea so we could use that.
shinnyafterschool Posted - 04/29/2008 : 15:35:51
My thoughts for your guys' problem:
Take the people that have already been placed 1 through 6 or whatnot, and vote for the order you think it should go. Based on the current points system, you will have your new list.

"Desire is the most important factor in the success of any athlete. "
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 04/27/2008 : 08:50:26
Alex i think we should do some reorganizing of the list. Because arn't we trying to be as accurate as possible.

Go Stars!!!
Pasty7 Posted - 04/27/2008 : 06:22:58
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Iginla wins. Guys it is completely ridiculous that Lecavalier was not ahead of Datsyuk or Alfredsson on this list.

GoStarsGo makes a valid point. We had him nominated for number two. At least he should have number six!

I nominate Lecavalier.

If you feel he should be the winner, just re-nominate him, no matter how many people already have. This list is a little messed up...

"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week."
-Herb Brooks

You know what's ridiculous? Iginla is behind Phaneuf. If you say Phanuef is more valuable than Iginla someone really needs to just hit you, right in the nose, make sure you're bleeding too and then MAYBE you'll realize that Iginla is the the team for Calgary!!!

And if this next spot isn't Lecavalier we have to restart.

i second that forsure iggy is calgary!!! and i nominate rick nash

Pasty
PainTrain Posted - 04/26/2008 : 22:49:33
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Iginla wins. Guys it is completely ridiculous that Lecavalier was not ahead of Datsyuk or Alfredsson on this list.

GoStarsGo makes a valid point. We had him nominated for number two. At least he should have number six!

I nominate Lecavalier.

If you feel he should be the winner, just re-nominate him, no matter how many people already have. This list is a little messed up...

"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week."
-Herb Brooks

You know what's ridiculous? Iginla is behind Phaneuf. If you say Phanuef is more valuable than Iginla someone really needs to just hit you, right in the nose, make sure you're bleeding too and then MAYBE you'll realize that Iginla is the the team for Calgary!!!

And if this next spot isn't Lecavalier we have to restart.
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/26/2008 : 06:34:23
Nominate Kovalchuck

Goodbye Bruins!
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 04/25/2008 : 20:29:33
Second Lecavalier

Sorry Alex i just seconded him I didn't know what you meant by re-nominating

Anyway he should be in the top 10 for sure

Go Stars!!!
Alex Posted - 04/25/2008 : 11:57:52

I nominate Lecavalier.

-Herb Brooks
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/24/2008 : 19:39:29
Iginla
Heatly
Sundin (he should be in last place)

Goodbye Bruins!
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 04/24/2008 : 17:34:26
Well I mainly just find it odd because heres a guy who we were nominating first, second round and now its like we somewhat forgot about him.

Go Stars!!!
BradTheBadDad Posted - 04/24/2008 : 15:01:41
GoStarsGo you are right and you are wrong. I think Datsyuk and Alfredsson the case for them is out on the ice not on paper, I think the people here are very knowledgable and voting from what they watch not from stats yet on the other hand leaving either Iginla or Lecavalier or Savard or Heatley out of a top 10 seems stupid but than agian I do think there are better options

Sundin
Iginla
Heatley

Stats mean squat!

''Eat. Sleep. Hockey''
Alex Posted - 04/24/2008 : 06:49:21
Sundin
Iginla
Heatley

-Herb Brooks
IrishDrunkGuy3 Posted - 04/24/2008 : 06:08:56
Sundin Heatley Iggy!
PainTrain Posted - 04/23/2008 : 20:42:31
Iginla
Heatly
Sundin
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 04/23/2008 : 20:04:35
Vinny Lecavielier has to crack the top 10. For some reason it looks like people are voting there favorite players and not the ones who should be in there.

Go Stars!!!
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 04/23/2008 : 20:02:04
Iginla
Heatley
Sundin

Go Stars!!!
Keith Posted - 04/23/2008 : 16:15:13
Heatley
Iginla
Sundin
Guest9874 Posted - 04/23/2008 : 16:08:12
Finally a game for guests! It's about time, too! I will second Heatley and with that we go to the polls!

Heatley
Sundin
Iginla
Pasty7 Posted - 04/23/2008 : 15:48:28
iginla

Pasty
IrishDrunkGuy3 Posted - 04/23/2008 : 11:09:12
Can I play? I'm such a huge Sundin fan, want to vote for him!
Alex Posted - 04/23/2008 : 10:58:37
I retract my previous support of Jarome Iginla for:

Mats Sundin

Just think about it. Jarome Iginla has more help and is inconsistent. Dany Heatley clearly has a lot more help! With Spezza not producing, surprise surprise, down goes Heatley!

They have had one hard playoff round: the final against Anaheim. How did they produce? And now, look how they did against Pittsburgh!

Sundin, at age 36, is clearly one of the top 5 players in the NHL. Ovechkin, Malkin and Crosby might be able to rack up his numbers. Would they stick in town at his age? No way! I doubt even Sidney would! This guy, on any other team, would be racking up the championships and Art Rosses, and we all know it! An average of 77.3 points over three years with a garbage team! Over one point per game!

Guys, we are looking at the best. The comittee is meant to be able to differentiate between talent and stats. I call on all of you to recognize that and heed your call of duty here today!

-Herb Brooks
Keith Posted - 04/23/2008 : 10:47:51
I nominate Dany Heatley
BradTheBadDad Posted - 04/22/2008 : 18:26:41
Kovalchuk
Phaneuf
Lecavalier

''Eat. Sleep. Hockey''

And with that, we have our winner. Good job Dion! Next round nominations: I nominate Jarome Iginla
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/22/2008 : 18:22:24
Lecavalier
Phaneuf
Kovie!

Leafs are out, Montreal is in, it's all good.
PainTrain Posted - 04/22/2008 : 17:21:51
Lecavalier
Phaneuf
Kovalchuk
Keith Posted - 04/22/2008 : 13:48:32
Phaneuf (For Norris too!)
Kovalchuk (would be getting much more attention if Ovie didn't net 65 this year! Look at this guy's goals + goal totals, they're amazing! Sniper!)
Lecavalier - a star in his own right
Alex Posted - 04/22/2008 : 10:12:36
Phaneuf
Kovalchuk
Lecavalier

Pasty, I don't get the joke...

-Herb Brooks
Pasty7 Posted - 04/22/2008 : 09:57:35
phaneuf
Lecavalier
Kovie (come on are you jokeing??)

Pasty
Ethan Posted - 04/22/2008 : 08:04:40
Second Kovie

Phaneuf
Kovie
Lecavalier
Keith Posted - 04/22/2008 : 07:34:18
Do not count me out just yet. I second Phaneuf
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 04/22/2008 : 07:13:01
I nominate Ilya Kovalchuk

Go Stars!!!
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/20/2008 : 19:42:17
Second Lecavalier

Pasty7 Posted - 04/19/2008 : 11:29:53
iginla

Pasty
PainTrain Posted - 04/18/2008 : 22:12:13
I nominate Vincent Lecavalier.
Alex Posted - 04/18/2008 : 15:12:52
Alfredsson Wins

I nominate Dion Phaneuf

-Herb Brooks

EDIT: Now what? We lost three members in one shot Guys, try and play from home if you can. If not, I happen to know that Axey has been active lately, and with the return of 1CrosbyFan, we could salvage this comittee. Can I interest anyone?
PainTrain Posted - 04/18/2008 : 15:12:10
Lecavalier
Alfredsson
Savard
BradTheBadDad Posted - 04/18/2008 : 09:58:38
Alfredsson
Savard
Lecavalier

Sorry, messed up on the voting.
''Eat. Sleep. Hockey''
Keith Posted - 04/18/2008 : 09:53:13
Alfie
Lecavalier
Savard
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/17/2008 : 20:04:54
Lecavalier
Alfie
Savard

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page